Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rooster Smith

Rooster Smith New Member

Two things that I think would improve this site.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Rooster Smith, Oct 12, 2012.

1. when I comment on someone's work, I like to use red text.

On this site, when I do that, the text doesn't appear red while I'm editing it. ( I quote the work first and then put the red text in the quote. )

That makes it really hard to see where I commented and as a result it's a lot easier to accidently erase a comment I made. Is there any way you guys can make the text appear red to me? I've seen it done on other forums.

If there's no problem with me quoting the entire piece and leaving the entire piece in my post, ( even the parts that I have not commented on) then it won't be a problem.

2. I'm not really digging having all the different types of fiction divided up. Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, ect....

I think they should all be in one. It makes for a bigger community.

Those are just my opinions though, I'm digging this site so far. You all are doing good work.

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

the parts you want to be red will be enclosed like this... so i don't see why that's hard for your to see... and if you click on 'go advanced' the red will show in a window above where you're typing, so that would also make it easy for you to see what is red and what isn't...
    with a longish piece, that can get to be a very long post and be quite annoying to other readers, so it's best to only excerpt the parts you want to comment on, imo...

that's the very reason it's divided up... that 'bigger community' would be a very unwieldy and hard to navigate section... imagine being forced to waste time opening every single thread, when all you want to comment on are one or two genres... for example, i don't comment on those three genres in the short story area... i only deal with general, children's and humor... if i had to open the probably scores [hundreds?] of threads contained in that entire section just to find pieces in those three genres, i'd be dropping this site i have been helping out on since it was started... and i'd not be alone!

3. Rooster Smith

Rooster Smith New Member

It actually doesn't show up red on mine, it shows up something like this... [textcolorred] something I wrote here [textcolorred]

the "something I wrote here part" would be the thing that I wrote but it won't appear red. It appears in black text, the same color text that the orgional poster wrote in.

The reason it's a problem is because when I got to erase everything, I can very easily erase my own comments by accident.

I guess we disagree on the seperation of the fiction thing. No big deal, I know a lot of people like it like that. thanks for getting back to me.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

it shouldn't be saying 'textcolorred' but this: [COLOR="#ff 0000"]...[/COLOR]...

and i'm sorry i misled you... the colored version shows in a top window only when you first type something in the quick reply box in color and then hit the 'go advanced' button... when you do that, whatever you want in color will show up in a window above the one where you're typing...

5. Rooster Smith

Rooster Smith New Member

ah, cool. Thanks.

6. Lost72

Lost72 Member

Go Advanced and click the highlighted box ( Switch Editor to ...) on the left, below the title box, and your text will become gorgeous life-like colour by Deluxe :)

7. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

If you switch to WYSIWYG mode, top left corner of any post editor, it'll show up your changes right there without the HTML tags.

8. Rooster Smith

Rooster Smith New Member

cool thanks a lot guys. I'm gonna review some stuff right now.

Update: Totally worked and made it easier to review stuff. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.