1. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

Two Weeks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fantasy girl, Jun 10, 2009.

I am in deep trouble!!!

I have a GCSE maths exam in two weeks and I am know where near ready. I'm really struggling with this modual and know matter how much I tell my teacher this and know matter how much I tell her I want to do the foundation paper she goes and puts me in for higher!!!
    When are you ever gonna need algebra any way???

Well...as I said I have two weeks till the exam and I am bricking it. I cant seem to get hold of my uncle (who said he will tutor me if I need it) and my teacher has obandond me and sent the people who are doing the higher paper to be taught by Mrs Chambers (the head of MFL and Maths) she scares me silly and I'm not going to learn if im scared that she'll shout at me if I get a question wrong. she says "you've got do do it this way" "you've got to do it this way." I have been given no revision sheets and I don't know half the stuff I'm ment to.
    how the hell I'm gonna get my predicted grade of an A I don't know!!!

Sorry this has turned into a bit of a rant, I'm just a bit pissed off.

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I have a tort exam in two days. I've spent the last few weeks revising contract and public, and writing an essay. This exam is 100% of my grade, and I need to know the entire subject.

Two weeks is plenty of time to revise.

3. sophie.

sophie. New Member

2 weeks is AGES, I have tomorrow in which to revise 2 years' worth of Biology and fripping Ancient Greek (papers are on Fri :() Plus more Greek and science next week. So really you shouldn't worry!
    But since you're really stressing, just set yourself a target to do a little practice each day. It should seep in, if you try; use the Internet (Bitesize even) and do some practice papers.
    Modular maths is fine, you can do re-takes if necessary...seriously, don't worry! Wait a couple of years for that :p

4. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

Banzai and Sophie are both right - 2 weeks is nothing short of eons in revision time. Just do a couple of hours a day, practising and working through your work for the year. Relax about it, and it will all click into place sooner or later.

5. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

2 weeks? o_O I'd be really happy if I had two weeks to study for math. I got about 40 hours to relearn a complete semester worth of math, and I'm not really starting until tomorrow. Not to mention I got a chem and and a physics test next week, neither of which I remember anything of. Uhg, now I feel like I have to study...

6. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    That's ages to revise. I have three exams tomorrow and all i've had is disruptions from people today.

Also, I'd like to point out that it's actually easier to obtain a 'C' grade in higher tier than it is foundation. - 'C' is the highest grade you can get in foundation, and therefore you need more marks to get it.

Things like algebra are not studied because they are vital in the future, but because they're used to demonstrate that you're capable of learning and adapting to unfamiliar methods.

Just work hard and keep focused - everybody has to do this, and frankly, anyone doing GCSE's right now has an easy ride in comparison to most. Just try doing A-levels.

7. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

After reading everyone's horror stories, I'm really glad I dont have to start up summer school for another few weeks...

My sympathies though. Best line of defense against these exams is to buckle down and study hard. First on your to-do list? Sign off of WritingForums.org. ;)

Sounds like Banzai has it worst, though. What?! 100% of your grade? I've never heard such malarky! :(

8. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

This thread makes me thankful to be done with school. All I've got on my plate is a promotion to work my butt off for and a wedding to plan. No studying required.

9. fantasy girl

fantasy girl New Member

I'm alright in science, it's all B-Tech and coursework. Even though there's 18 sections, out of the 5 I have done, I have 4 A's and a B+ and there is NO EXAM.

For every one saying this is plenty of time to revise I think for some it is but for me it's not, this is only the second GCSE I've done and the first I flew through so I didn't struggle. This one is for me, harder than anything I have ever done before. So apart from getting of this site, is there any other advice/websites (apart from bitesize and sam learning) that will be helpful for me?

10. chandler245

chandler245 Banned

Yes, but a wedding is studying, trust me on this.

i am sorry to hear about your exams. I been there and won't do that again. I was in school for many years. And I am glad it is over, now I just have to certify once a year.

11. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Good point. I'm sitting on the floor surrounded by books and information...the similarities to my high school/college days are astounding.

12. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

anyone under the gun for an exam shouldn't be wasting valuable time spouting off here... they should be studying!