Tags:
  1. Francis de Aguilar

Francis de Aguilar Contributor Contributor

U.K. police evidence.

Discussion in 'Research' started by Francis de Aguilar, Oct 15, 2020.

I have a scene. A bent officer is using a gun with fingerprints on it to blackmail someone into working for him. This officer has put the gun in ‘the evidence room’ Saying that he will clean it and report it as ‘a hand in’ if My MC does his bidding (the gun is linked to a murder several years ago, not committed by the MC). The MC then goes to a straight officer and offers enough evidence to bust the bent officer in return for getting this gun wiped clean. So the straight officer now needs to gain access to the evidence room in order to get to the gun. I am asking what pretext or reason could she give for having to go in there?

2. More

More Active Member

There is a interesting interview on YouTube . Ian Fleming interviewing Raymond Chandelier . Chandler describes how professional hit men would shoot their victims and leave the gun behind. According to Chandelier it is not possible to take finger prints from a gun. The shape and materials used in guns means no viable fingerprint can be lifted , but that was in 1958 . Don't know if that is true now ?.
    Presumably you are talking about present day police methods . There has been a number of cases collapse because of the clamed contamination of evidence . The murder of Jill Dando for one .
    Since then evidence is bagged up ,sealed and securely locked away. It would be imposable for anybody to casually go and interfere with it.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  3. Francis de Aguilar

Thanks for this. So far what I have is that the gun is stored in a safe in the property room for which there is a property officer. Now this gun was not found in connection to a murder, just that it will link to one. The officer (as bent as a nine pound note) that placed in evidence is holding it over the head of someone he want to use as bait. The deal is do what I ask and I'll report that you handed it in voluntarily having found it. Refuse and I will process the weapon and charge you and your girl friend. Another officer intent on busting the bent one agrees to wipe the gun, and ensure no fingerprint evidence is recorded in connection with it, in return for evidence against the bent cop. On the record it is clear that prints were lifted, but there is no record of whose they were. Does this sound too far fetched?

4. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

Why would the straight officer not simply report the evidence to his superintendent?

5. Francis de Aguilar

Because she doesn't have it yet. She has made a deal as well. If she can bust the bent cop, she can get him to flip on the gangster he has been serving. She is ambitious.