UK Election 2015

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by matwoolf, May 8, 2015.

Tags:
  1. The Mad Regent

The Mad Regent Senior Member

I'm going to avoid this thread. Being from the North-west of England, I have a certain hatred for the Conservative government.

2. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

Your North West MEPs

[​IMG]

Tel: 0151 346 2108 / Fax: 0151 346 2109 / 1 Thursby House, Thursby Road, Bromborough, Wirral CH62 3PW
    Email: office@jacquelinefostermep.com / Web: www.jacquelinefostermep.com

On 25th May 2014, Jacqueline was re-elected as Conservative MEP for the North West of England. Jacqueline is the Conservative Spokesman on the Transport & Tourism Committee and is also Deputy Leader of the Conservative MEPs.

During 2004-09, Jacqueline was a Consultant and Advisor in Brussels to the Aviation, Aerospace & Defence industries, representing the interests of major companies in the UK and Europe to ensure that they could continue to compete globally.

She was born and educated in Liverpool and now lives in Oxton Village, Wirral. Her hobbies include golf and skiing and she enjoyed exercising her two Bouvier dogs, Joo Joo and Grace.

Sadly, Grace was put to sleep after a short illness and so, not wanting Joo Joo to be alone, Jacqueline recently visited the Carla Lane Animal Sanctuary in Melling and came home with Lilly, who has settled in well to her new home. She is a member of the Carlton Club in London, the Royal Aeronautical Society - Brussels Branch and the European Aviation Club in Brussels.

Jacqueline was the Conservative Parliamentary Candidate for Peterborough in 1997 and for Newham South, East London in 1992.

3. The Mad Regent

Yeah. She looks like a sly, dirty, money-grabbing Tory as well.

4. matwoolf

Try this one instead:
    http://sexymp.co.uk/

5. The Mad Regent

Is there a third choice...?

6. matwoolf

Here you go:
    http://manchesteraf.org/

7. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Northeners are not inherently anti Tory, are they?

8. Woof

Woof Senior Member

No, they're just blue from the cold... :bigfrown:

9. Lemex

It's not that bad up here - all the shivering is exercising the pies and beer right out of us.

Woof likes this.
  10. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Have you watched this? It's a gem...

outsider and Woof like this.
  11. Woof

Woof Senior Member

Yikes, the Tories have you right where they want you then; a nice closed economic supply and demand loop!

12. Lemex

There is a joke here about Thatcher and miners, and a certain recent BBC-related story, but I'm not going to make it.

13. Woof

Woof Senior Member

It seems to be really rattling both the other political parties and the media that there may now, again, actually be people in politics. I mean, what kind of precedent does that set?!

I knew you lot had pie mines up there.

jannert likes this.
  14. The Mad Regent

I used to go out drinking and clubbing a lot with one of my oldest friends. When we would get into a club -- usually smashed -- he used to pull this trick that he thought I wouldn't click on to. Or should I say, he tried to take me for a fool. He would go up to the bar and order drinks, and then, as they were being made, he would walk off to the toilet. So when the drinks were prepared and the bar staff wanted paying, it would be me standing there getting eyed for payment. Basically, he was trying to get my to buy everything, despite the fact that I was a poor student living on a loan, and he was the head of the e-marketing department in his job, earning £40,000 a year.

He told me once on the way home from a night out that he supported the Conservatives, and it really didn't surprise me. He was indicative of the typical greedy, money-grabbing, sly, power-hungry cock suckers that I consider most, if not all Tories to be. And so, after he'd pulled that shit a few time, I decided I'd had enough. Next time he ordered drinks and bolted to the toilet, I just told the bar person that they weren't mine and I wasn't paying for them. When he came back, he didn't like putting his hand in his pocket, and got in a bit of a huff. Needless to say, I don't go out with him any more. Can't trust Tories. Fucking conniving cheapskates.

outsider likes this.
  15. PiP

PiP Contributor Contributor

Really? So there's no money grabbing 'Labourites' then?

16. outsider

outsider Contributor Contributor

There's a guy in the pub I drink in, goes by the moniker of 'The Blacksmith'. This is due to the fact that whenever it's his round he makes a bolt for the door.

The Mad Regent and Lemex like this.
  17. Lemex

We have Jimmy the Fish. Because if you left your pint unsupervised for long enough he'd think you were not coming back, and steal it. I don't think I've seen him drunk.

*side track*

The Mad Regent and outsider like this.
  18. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

This thread is so very baffling to me. :ohno::confuzled:

Were this a thread concerning American elections, there would be 17 reported posts, five of which had been reported by multiple members, 4 infractions, and at the very least one temp-ban.

Baffled, I tell you. Baffled. :whistle:

PiP likes this.
  19. Lemex

British people are either really bad at politics, or really good. Which one of those is true is the one that pleases you more.

Wreybies likes this.
  20. The Mad Regent

British politics is pretty obsolete in my opinion. The methodology behind it still screws over too many people.

21. Woof

Woof Senior Member

Watch this https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/queens-speech-2015, then watch an episode of Monty Python, then watch it again, and then another episode of Python. It's almost impossible to take British politics seriously then, no matter how much it's screwing up real lives.

22. Aled James Taylor

Aled James Taylor Contributor Contributor

If the Tories had a soul, they'd sell it.

23. Lae

Lae Contributor Contributor

I met Cameron, spent a hour or so with him. He's actually not a bad guy, quite pleasant really and seems to care.

Problem is, you cant please everyone.

24. Lemex

The problem with conservatives is that they don't seem to understand you don't succeed in life on the sweat of your own back, and not everyone can work a normal job.

The Mad Regent likes this.
  25. The Mad Regent

And did he tell you how his stringent austerity measures rectified the British economy? And how the increased higher education fees and the mass development of apprenticeships have opened up opportunities for skilled and educated people? Not to mention how he made it almost impossible to claim benefits these days, forcing skilled and educated people into piss poor jobs, with no possibility of pursuing an alternate career, or even given the time to find a job within their field of expertise.

David Cameron and the Tories are taking the credit for natural occurrences and deceiving people with statistics that their approach is working. When really they are just re-establishing the aristocracy which screws over the lesser man and blatantly divides classes. The Tories even have people convinces that Labour 'borrowed' too much and caused the economic slump; when in reality, every country borrows and spends to the hilt. It was all the bonds tied up in American banks when they crashed that caused the recession. Unfortunately, there were no safeguards in place to counter such an impact, but it was the same for most countries. Luckily, UK has a reasonable economy, so we bounced back pretty fast, as did Germany, Holland, and France.

I can see right through Cameron's bullshit, which is probably why I despise them so much.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
    Woof and outsider like this.