(Un)Retired Superheroes

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Erik-the-Enchanter!, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    LMAO, nice to know you have so much trust in me, hahaha.

2. gibble410

gibble410 Contributor Contributor

Hey @Erik-the-Enchanter! , is it OK if I write another post about after I'm gone? Unless you were going to do something with Sapphires body, could I write like a funeral?

3. obi-sem kenobi

obi-sem kenobi Senior Member

Sorry about the late post, but I've come to realise that finishing posts really do take me as much time as introduction posts :p
    I'll try to get it up as soon as possible!

4. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    @gibble410, yeah, Silhouette stole those bodies and hid them away. Sorry. :/

gibble410 likes this.
  5. obi-sem kenobi

Ok, I've officially come up with so many ways to end this thing that I cannot find the words for any of them -.-
    I'm going to try to get it up today, just don't expect the quality of the post to represent the time it took me to write it :p

Erik-the-Enchanter! likes this.
  6. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    It was an awesome post. Well done. :D

7. gibble410

Hey guys. I was pondering ideas for a book/fiction story, and I was wondering if I could use the characters as a alternive ending book spinoff of this? I was thinking maybe writing about a story where we defeated Morgana, but the League died. And Emma also made it after Silhouette took her to a hospital, and then a new leauge was formed with Danny, Chris, Jacob, Emma, Silhouette, John, and Nyr? I honestly have no idea, but would that be OK? DONT wanna get sued even though I am pretty sure I can't, I'm really naïve. Tagging you all just in case ya don't get notification.

@AnonyMouse
    @Erik-the-Enchanter!
    @obi-sem kenobi
    @Domino355
    @ManOrAstroMan
    @I.A. By the Barn

8. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Hmmm I would have said yes earlier (literally last night) but Danny is now being used. Sorry about that. :bigfrown:

gibble410 likes this.
  9. obi-sem kenobi

I don't mind, though I should tell you that John was already supposed to be an adult version of an existing character, so some of the stories he told about places he'd been, those are probably licensed. Depending on what kind of book you'd write, you'd probably have to give your own spin to the character and change some things about his background. The character I based him on is Hoshino Tetsuro from the anime Galaxy Express 999.

gibble410 likes this.
  10. gibble410

Thanks though, I guess if another character is unusable I'll just bag the idea.

11. gibble410

If all other characters are good, Dannt can just be on like vacations and John could be like exploring more worlds for stuff I I could do that maybe? And I'll look into using Jon with a new spin

12. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

I wanna say yes, but I really want to look further into the whole concept of Ripoff. Maybe expand on him a little. And anyway, I think using Rupoff in literiture is like one massive copyright issue

13. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

I don't mind. The way I look at is this: even if someone else writes "Nyr," it wouldn't really be Nyr... if that makes any sense. Whatever you write would probably have your own spin on it, whether you're trying to stay true to the original or not. I don't think I could write anyone else's characters the way they do.

BTW, @Erik-the-Enchanter!
    We really should take another stab at Unretired Supervillains. This series had (has) too much potential to let die. If you need a co-GM or someone to bounce ideas off of, let me know. I have an itch that needs scratching and I don't think I'm the only one. I want to help.

14. gibble410

Was kinda worried about copyright for Ripoff characters, and that is true about Nyr. I am just gunna can the idea, but I'm going to write a couple of stories about Emma and the old League of Superheros I suppose, if anyone wants to like contribute just let me know.

15. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

@Erik-the-Enchanter! are you alright? I haven't seen you around since the end of supervillains, and I agree with @AnonyMouse , this idea is too good to die!

16. obi-sem kenobi

Even though I wasn't in Supervillains I share the itch. This is the first time since I joined this forum that I am in no active RPs and I'm showing withdrawal symptoms.

17. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Agree about the villains. I loved my character there, and would like for it to continue

18. gibble410

OK, anyone like this idea: Emma, when she was 23, in an old version of the League of Hero's stopping a villain.

Would that be any good?