(Un)Retired Supervillains

Discussion in 'Role Play' started by Erik-the-Enchanter!, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Stinger looked at the tree and made that nasty gurgling sound again. "You're a prickly bush, aren't you?" he joked wryly. Then he cleared his throat and glanced at his bracelet again. "Okay, I was expecting one or two more people, but maybe they turned down my invitation. No matter. After we destroy the League, I can easily track them down and kill them, one by one. We must continue without them and hope that we are enough."

That said, Stinger made Abaddon call his limo. It arrived shortly and they all piled in, except for the grumpy human-hating tree. Stinger told Tax to meet them at Fortress Museum of Art and Culture, located downtown. The limo arrived at the museum in thirty minutes (it was now 10pm, five hours after the museum had closed) and Stinger instructed the driver to drive around back to the service entrance. Once they had parked, Stinger jumped out and quickly scanned the area, holding up his gun, the point glowing fiercely. There was only one camera and it was pointed directly at the service entrance, a steel garage door that was locked.

"We will wait five minutes," Stinger told everyone while tapping his bracelet. "I am still hoping ARWN will arrive. She's a robot that can hack security systems. Without her, it will be significantly harder to steal the artifact we need." He finished tapping and his bracelet made a loud beeping sound. "There, I just sent ARWN our coordinates. If she's coming, she'll meet us here. In the meantime, do your stretches or whatever. Get ready. Maybe Tax will catch up while we're waiting."

2. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

"There's no guards is there?" asked Albert, stomping his cigarette into the ground. Nonetheless, he muttered "Nox mihi viam."
    The axe arrived in his right hand, it was a wood axe this time, but well sharpened. His thin lips smiled slightly as he chucked it from hand to hand. Yes, this'll do.

3. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Tax lolloped though the night towards the museum, his plodules spraying first mud then grit from the ground as he moved onto the concrete of the inner city. He could move fast when he had to but his progress was significantly slowed by having to stand still and pretend to be a normal tree when ever a pink thing approached.

Over the years many of the pink bastard had had some variety of "I say honey, why's there a tree on our front lawn ?" as their last words , but now with an actual mission to complete he had to just let them walk passed untouched, which made him mad. Though he consoled himself by imagining his spear branches ripping through their gooey insides.

Arriving at the museum of culture - that was good for a laugh Tax thought , as if the pink bastards had an culture worthy of the name - he found the others still standing outside.

"and why" he boomed " are you all standing around like a plantation of stupid spruce ? , and you" he snarled at Albert , "what are you doing with that weapon of genocide ? If that comes near my bark old man you'll be getting a wooden enema for your troubles "

4. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Stinger put one hand on his hip in a very human gesture of impatience. "Tax, we're holding out hope that ARWN will arrive soon," he told the living tree. "Now please, refrain from calling us names...I mean, is being a spruce really a bad thing? You know what, never mind. I don't really care." Then he turned to Albert. "You could have chosen something different from an axe. Just to be sensitive, ya know, to the talking shrub."

"As to your question about security," Stinger continued, "there should be six guards inside. Plus, the artifact we seek might be magically protected. But we will cross that bridge when we get to it." Suddenly, Stinger's hand jerked upwards and he fired off a beam of green energy that flew down the long side alley they had just driven down. It hit a pedestrian who had been standing on the street, gawking at them and holding a cellphone limply in his hand like he was about to text or call someone. The gawker rolled into the gutter, unconscious...possibly dead.

"He was looking at us," Stinger explained in a bored tone. Then he shrugged and lowered his gun, a wisp of smoke rising from the sharp point.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  5. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Abbadon decided that he didn't like this Stinger bloke one bit. First ordering him to bring the limo back, the reaching this dingy museum, without telling them even what they are looking for. Seriously, it was him, Abbadon, ruler of the pit, kkng of darkness and chaos, vanquisher of all, dark lord and everything.
    He wanted to tell his people to just shoot the fuck, but held himself. This was the guy who claed to be able to take the League out. Just wait till I get my powers, he thought, then we will see who is the boss.
    He gestured to his men, two of them went around the building, one from each side, disappearing in the shadows. Now they won't be surprised if anyone wanted to drop on them.
    "So, what exactly are we looking for?" he asked.

6. I.A. By the Barn

Albert shrugged. He really couldn't care less if a tree was going to apeshit on them just because he had a weapon he didn't like. Still, he thought he'd better say sorry.
    "Taxus, I mean no offence by summoning this here. I'll make sure no more wood will touch its surface. Just pink things," he smiled. Albert may have been a 'pink thing' himself but security guards were another bunch of people who thought they could do heroics one day.
    But six men? Do I drain some of them or do I behead them all? That's if Bug-eyes lets me have a choice. His lips were already quivering for yet another cigarette, but Albert thought better of it.

7. gibble410

gibble410 Contributor Contributor

Ms.Shining sat with the group, and waited patiently as all the other young whippersnappers joined. once this robot showed up, things would really get started.

8. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Message received. Decrypting. Analyzing contents. Insufficient data on subject ‘S.’ Researching…. researching… researching… Research inconclusive. Insufficient data. Possible identity: S: Silhouette: Sophia Walker. Current whereabouts: unknown. Current affiliations: unknown. Current criminal status: fugitive. Advised action: approach with extreme caution, terminate with extreme prejudice.

Searching for available hardware… searching… searching… Found. Sending activation ping to serial port 1817.5495.33761b. Complete. Boot-up sequence ‘helloworld.exe’ initialized… Running… activation complete.

Somewhere in an abandoned storage facility on the outskirts of Fortress City, a hand suddenly burst through the steel walls of a storage container. As the hole slowly widened, a pair of glowing green eyes could be seen inside. Arwen stepped out and stopped. Her antennae adjusted, seeking a better signal. She unplugged the extension cord from her side, tore off the UltraTech inventory tag dangling from her ear, and brushed the dust from her black FCPD police uniform.

* * * * *​

A taxi came speeding up and screeched to a halt near the waiting villains. Its driver side door was missing. Arwen had ripped it off when she ‘lawfully’ commandeered this vehicle on the other side of the city. Her weight made the car sag so low its bottom scraped as it pulled into the alley.

She stepped out of the car and went around to the trunk, easily ripping the lock off. “Thank you for allowing use of your vehicle, citizen. Fortress City is a safer place, thanks to you,” she said to the unconscious man lying there. In retrospect, she probably should have just let him ride in the passenger seat.

Arwen turned to face the small gathering. “Greetings, heroes,” she said in her dull, monotone voice. “Did you, too, receive Silhouette’s summons to take down the villainous League?” Her glowing green eyes scanned the group. “Has she not arrived yet?”

I.A. By the Barn likes this.
  9. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Stinger stepped up to the robot and spat on the ground, his corrosive saliva causing the cement to bubble and melt. "Silhouette is not here, or I would nail her to a wall and watch her die a slow, painful death," Stinger growled. "I'm glad you could make it, ARWN. You missed the part where we all introduced ourselves and got all buddy-buddy. I'm the one who sent the messages, my name's Stinger. Last of a mighty race of insectoid aliens. Yada yada."

He turned and pointed at the camera that was aimed at the service entrance. "There will be more cameras inside, just like that one," Stinger told her. "I need you to put them all on a five minute loop, so they won't show us walking through the museum and neutralizing the guards. Once we find the artifact, I need you to also disable the infra-red lasers around it before we take it out of it's display case. Now, get to work. The fate of Fortress City is in the balance!" Stinger added urgently to make ARWN work even faster.

Then he turned to Tax. "Once ARWN deals with the security system, could you please pull open the garage door so we could get inside," he asked politely. "I would blast us inside, but that's not exactly stealthy." He glanced at Abbadon, clicking his mandibles together in annoyance. "You could have been doing some sort of ritual this entire time," he growled. "I thought you would be more...I dunno, exciting. Maybe I've been watching too much Supernatural."

10. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Abbadon ground his teeth. Who did this alien think he is, bossing him around like that. And that comment about Sillouette, the fool. This was clearly the heroic type of Fembot, and one who seemed to like Sillouette and hate the other heroes. A different approach would have been so much better.
    He cleared his throat, "I could begin the lecture of how rituals and magical rites need preperation. You need the right equipment, the right time and location. And considering the alignment of the stars this night, and time of day, well, I could make a splendid bug-repelling charm. But I do not think that will be welcome here, now would it."
    Still though, to prove his worth, he picked his phone and gave a quick call. "Destroyer love, yeah how are things going? The wife good? Children? Yeah, see I'm running this gig now, need a distraction. No not too big, but keeping the heroes on the other side of town. Well, the whole night will be nice. Burning building? That is perfect, thank you dear. I owe you one." He hung up. "Well then, looks like we won't be interrupted tonight."

11. AnonyMouse

"This unit is glad you share its desire to see the fugitive Silhouette brought to justice," Arwen said to the bug-man. Well, he had actually said he'd like to see her nailed to a wall and die a slow painful death, but.. well, 'justice' just rolled off the tongue nicer.

"The members of the League are not themselves," Arwen said as she went over to the camera. "They must also be brought to justice. However, you are not this unit's primary authorized user. Therefore, this unit must politely request that you refrain from making demands in the future. Thank you, citizen."

Despite her mild annoyance at being ordered around by a bug she'd just met, Arwen still did as she was told. The safety of Fortress City hung in the balance. Every day they waited, the League continued its reign of terror. People were dying! Some of them were bad people, but still!

Even while she was speaking to Stinger, she was browsing through the Museum's security systems. Wireless security... hah, what a joke. The password was Chupacabra. Strange, that. The current guard's internet history, even stranger. Oh, right, she was supposed to be hacking the cameras. Arwen pulled up the video files from the last five minutes, routed them into the current video feed, and set it to loop. Then, for extra fun, she routed the silent alarm to herself, so if they tried to call the cops, they'd get her, the best cop in Fortress City. Mission accomplished!

She didn't tell Stinger she was done. She just stood there, with a creepy smile on her face. That smug look of self-satisfaction should tell him everything he needed to know. It was the look of someone who'd just done a good thing, a very good thing.

12. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Tax looked at Arwen a moment then said to the group at large "I think the... the... erm that has finished with its task" , Trees did not have a word for whatever Arwen, was Tax decided.

"Now you wish me to open the door yes ", Tax took one step forward then violently rammed both his spearing branches through the garage door, and ripped them upwards , with a massively loud tortured scream of metal the door tore from its frame, and Tax whirled around and bowled the sheet of steel away down the street where it bounced and clanged off warehouse walls before embedding itself in the side of a delivery van.

"The door is now open" Tax boomed Trees do have a tendency to state the blindingly obvious

13. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Stinger was creeped out by Arwen and took a cautious step backwards. You never knew with these robots. One moment they were completely reasonable, and the next they were ripping off limbs and throwing cars around. "Um, good job," Stinger mumbled, glancing away from her steady gaze. Then Tax went ahead and ripped the metal door out of the wall and threw it into the street. Stinger stared with his mouth open for a long moment, then shook his head and massaged his temples. "This...this is my team," Stinger growled to himself. "This is the best I could scrounge up. Grrrr."

With an evil glare at Tax, Stinger marched into the museum storeroom without saying anything to anyone, holding his gun at the ready. The storeroom was wide and spacious with piles of wooden crates stacked into rows of tall, precarious columns. Stinger gestured for the team to stay close and led the way through the storeroom to a door that led into the museum. The lights were dim and the walls were lined with ancient relics in glass cases, ranging from a crystal sword and a jade shield to a full suit of armor made of pure gold.

"I know it might be hard, but please don't touch anything," Stinger growled to everyone in a dry tone. Then his head whipped around and his antennae twitched back and forth. Not a second later, two guards came walking around the corner and froze when they saw the villains. Stinger lifted his gun and shot one of the guards, who was thrown against the wall by the energy blast, but the other one turned and ran down the hall.

"Bzzzzt!" Stinger cussed in his native language. "Someone get him before he calls for reinforcements!"

14. big soft moose

Tax at once summoned his bow snd with a huge creaking sound drew the string back before losing a meter long wooden arrow. The projectile whipped across the open space taking the guard through the guts and pinning him screaming to the far wall

15. gibble410

Gertrude laughed as she saw the murder, and she shed her skin immediately. Flapping wildly over to the guard, she ripped open what was still closed of his stomach, and started to feast.

16. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Stinger watched quietly as they attacked and munched on the guard. When Gertrude was done, he stepped forward and snatched a piece of hair from the dead man's head. Without explaining his odd behavior, he put the piece of hair into a pocket on his utility belt. "Follow me," Stinger ordered. "Quietly." He led them to the main floor of the museum, which had a huge black statue of an Egyptian queen smack in the middle of the room.

"There it is," Stinger whispered in his growly voice. He pointed with his gun to a display case that was not just a little pedestal with one or two things inside, but a whole alcove full of artifacts, protected by thick bulletproof glass. Inside was a dusty black cloak hanging on a tall, thin mannequin. There was also a painting of a bloody battle behind the cloak on the wall, depicting warriors killing each other in horrific ways and scarlet blood soaking the ground. In front of the cloak, sitting on a black velvet cushion on a pedestal, was a short knife with a cracked grey stone at the hilt.

The sign over the display read: THESE ARE THE BELONGINGS OF THE TERRIBLE MORGANA, AN EVIL SORCERESS THAT SPREAD CHAOS AND DESTRUCTION WHEREVER SHE WALKED. Stinger walked right up to the glass and pointed at the knife. "That's what we need," he growled. "Turn off the infrared lights, Arwen. Be careful when you touch the knife, because..." He was interupted when someone shouted, "Hey!" and a security guard came running towards them holding a gun. Two more security guards came out of the corridor on the left and two more came out of the corridor on the right.

"Bzzzzzt," Stinger cussed. He lifted his gun...but was shot by the first security. He fell on the ground, hissing in pain. The bullet had skimmed his shoulder and thick green slime oozed from the wound.

17. gibble410

Gertrude flew into the air, flapping wildly towards the knife. Hissing, she tuck through a support beam, and sped downwards towards the cage.

18. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Abbadon walked inside with the others. The museum had quite interesting artifacts, and he loved to get some of these things. But maybe another time, they had things to take.
    Then a pair security guards came, and were easily taken down, one by Stinger, the other shot in the guts and then having them torn openand eaten. When the alien bug took some hair from the dead man's head, Abbadon was puzzled. Alright, not voodoo, obviously, the guy was already dead. Maybe he wanted to clone the fella, ar run some tests on him, or raise him necromatically.
    Then a they were moved at by five guards. Abbadon sighed, and gestured to his two Ak-47 weilding henchmen. One opened fire to the corridor on the left, while the other fired at the corridor on the right.
    The artifacts of Morgana was really what caught his attention. Several centuries old artifacts, stored with deadly necromatic energy. He wanted them, and wasn't really in the mood to share with all the others. Well then, he'd nust have to do it some time later.

19. AnonyMouse

Arwen walked up to the glass, ignoring the gunfire as if the guards weren't even there. Once she got close, the infrared beams turned off and she reached for the knife, but, error257: incompatible hardware. Invalid plugin: 'knife.' Drivers not found. Uninstall the conflicting hardware and try again. She stood there, frozen in place, with her fingers inches from the knife.

After a pause, Arwen just shrugged and turned away. She began walking toward the security forces, unfazed by the bullets. 9mm? She ate 9mms for breakfast. "Halt. You are assaulting an officer," she said to the guards. "Please comply." She reached the first guard, snatched the gun from his hands, and tossed it so hard it shattered when it hit the wall. Then she struck him in the chest, sending him flying backwards and skidding down the hall.

"Second warning: you are not complying," Arwen said, turning to the next guard. "Please comply."

20. I.A. By the Barn

Albert darted down the corridor, not wanting to miss out on another kill, and used the axe as a shield from the rain of bullets. One still hit him in the leg, though. Bloody guns, no art to killing with those things. His leg throbbed but he approached the guard Arwen was trying to order about.
    "Arwen, there is no need to ask politely," laughed Albert, swinging his axe. The guard's head jumped in the air with the force and rolled towards Arwen. "You just get on and do what you need to do. You have the law on your side."
    Even though he laughed as no. 678's head rolled down the corridor, Albert was very aware that he would have to drain someone again. His hands were covered in blotches, his chin was covered in stubble and his shoulders were starting to ache. That man down there still alive, isn't he?
    Albert sprinted down towards him, the axe dissolving into thin air. "Nox mihi viam," he muttered again, before his powers would be used up for the next hour or so. This axe was a battle axe, two bladed. Two kills.
    He stooped over the winded man, who's eyes were flickering madly, trying to see again. He clasped the man's bare face and whispered, "Non celerius iuvenis stultus." The guard grasped and clawed at Albert as his lungs stopped working, then his heart, then his mind. The skin and all the tissues then shredded away from the body, as the spell was complete.
    Albert stood back up and rolled his shoulders. He looked down at his leg, the bullet now on the floor and the wound healed.
    I deserve a ciggie for that, he smiled to himself as he balanced the axe on his shoulder and got out his packet.

21. big soft moose

The last guard circled round the fight and was running for the entrance when an extending branch seized him round the neck, and dragged him back choking to face , 'a yew tree ' - his last thought was that he really must stop smoking pcp , then tax smashed him repeatedly against his trunk smearing blood and gore on his bark before dropping the worthless thing to the floor and smushing it arround with his plodules

Tax lumbered over to Stinger and 'looked' down at him shaking his crown branches in mild concern "are you dead, bug ?" he enquired

22. gibble410

Gertrude made a squawk like sound as she halted in midair, she was counting on the others to open it so she could grab the knife. She changed course mid-air, and landed next to StingStinger. "Dibs on his gun." She hissed. The tapping him lightly with a talon she said, "Wake up you bastardized alien."

23. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Stinger groaned and sat up, clamping a hand over his shallow wound. "I'm good, I'm good," he growled angrily. "Back off. Focus on the mission." He struggled to his feet and punched the glass, which shattered into a hundred pieces that rained down over them. Then he carefully prodded Morgana's knife with his gun. "The League of Heroes split up all of Morgana's personal relics after she died," he explained. "They placed the Snakestone Knife here because it was close and the museum has a top-notch security system, but I'm almost certain that Arianrhod put her own special protection over it. Okay, here we go..."

He lowered his gun and reached out with his hand. When he grabbed the hilt, all the lights in the museum exploded and the blade of the knife started to glow bright yellow. A bolt of gold lightning jumped from the blade, zigzagged high up to the ceiling, and crashed back down in the middle of the room. In it's place stood a tall female warrior made of pure golden light. Great masses of hair tumbled from her head to her waist. She wore a tight dress with thigh-high slits on both sides and plain strappy sandals. In both hands she held a huge golden sword and she raised them over her head, forming an X. The apparition looked just like Goddess Arianrhod.

"STOP!" Fake-Arianrhod yelled. "I command you to cease and desist, or I will be forced to use lethal force." She lowered her swords to her sides and glared at the villains, her eyes shining fiercely.

"Kill her...it...whatever that thing is," Stinger ordered his teammates. "It's just magic. I'll try to sneak around and get out the back while you distract her."

24. big soft moose

"wait" tax boomed "You'll run away with the treasure while we fight a magic god ? He huffed loudly "do we look that stupid to you ?"

25. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Abbadon smiled when he saw the Adrianhod projection. Hello old enemy, he thought. We meet again. He wondered if the goddess herself could see through that projection. He hoped she did.
    "Good evening, your mightiness. Allow me to apologize for waking you, but see, as a friend I feel obliged to tell you that your days are numbered. Sorry, nothing personal, oh who am I kidding, I hate you. Goodbye." And with that he gestured at his pair of minions. They stopped firing towards the corridors and emptied their magazines at the apparation.
    Taking out a walkie talkie he said to his men outside, "Watch for bug boy when he comes out. If he tries to leave the area tell me."