Unnatural Campus

Discussion in 'Archive' started by TheApprentice, Feb 16, 2014.

1. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

Just as Joe had threatened to shoot his arrows, a mob of students rushed him, grabbing his arms from behind and from the sides. Fights between mages were always exciting, and this one would be no different.

"Hey man, don't ruin it!"
    "Yeah man, gosh. Trying to kill the excitement."
    "Nothing bads gonna happen, these fights happen all the time."

The students all complained as they restrained Joe.

mmarage likes this.
  2. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

I squirmed in their grip. "You don't understand, either of them could be in REAL danger! I-I don't think that she's in control! He could get killed! Letting a fight that could end with someone getting seriously injured or killed go on is wrong! Let me go!" I said, trying to get out of their grip, I knew that if Cheza was enraged it would likely end in bloodshed, the other boy was aggravating her and would likely get himself killed, I didn't notice the slight white glow beginning to appear around my hands in my desperation.

3. TheApprentice

"It'll be fine!" Said a nekanthrope, or in other words, mage who could turn into a cat person, who looked entirely human aside from her eyes and kitty ears "The school is right there. If someone gets hurt, someone will stop the fight and help them."

A lycanthrope, in full werewolf form wrapped his powerful arms all the way around Joe, to prevent him from ruining
    the show. Mere shape shifter mages, especially at low levels, were nowhere near as powerful as real werewolves, however the lycanthrope mage was far too strong in this form for an average person to break free of his hold. The only way to break the lycanthrope's grasp was if one knew physical buff, but even if that were the case with Joe, there were many others present to keep him from stopping the fight.

mmarage likes this.
  4. mmarage

"A lethal strike only needs a second! If your friend dies or gets hurt severely, do you really want that on your conscience?! I'm telling you, she might not be in control of herself, she might just try to outright kill him, stop this before it's too late!" I shouted, still struggling in the lycanthrope's powerful grip, my desperation was growing stronger by the second, I knew something bad was going to happen, I knew if I didn't stop this, someone would get seriously injured or killed, I couldn't allow that to happen, the glowing around my hands began to get brighter.

5. TheApprentice

A few students let go of Joe to give their attention to the fight, though the lycanthrope didn't ease up his grip for a second. One kid looked over at Joe's hand and sighed.

"Dude, enough already. Nobody's going to die. There are plenty of healing mages on the campus. Now stop trying to scare us into stopping by charging up your aura. We all know a white glow indicates the charging of healing magic. Seriously, what are you going to do?" He asked, looking away from Joe and back to the fight.

"Hey man, healing magic? That's great! I got a nasty scrape on my knee." One student teased.

Both these students were horribly mistaken, however. Pink was the aura color for healing. White indicated light magic. The students now all were watching, waiting for the fight to really get started.

mmarage likes this.
  6. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

In her eyes this situation was stupid.
    Hikaru waited for the group to move and this event although impressive was ridiculous.
    "Why are they even fighting..." mumbled the girl with a tired look on her face. For an instant considered to go ahead on her own yet it was a truth that part of her was curious, being inmersed into celtic culture from young and visualizing the creatures from the celtic mythology was charming enough for her to stand firmly on her toes.
    But the main idea remained.... This was stupid and if someone injured seriously she would move not even finger, a boy claimed that there existed healing mages in the campus and even if not and someone died it would be cause of their own stupidity.
    In other words she would only worried to not be involved in the senseless struggle.

7. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

The harsh smack of the other student's tail connecting with her muzzle didn't register to Cheza at first. But then her nostrils flared with the scent of a male wyvern. Eyes blazing, she snarled and her jaws closed on air a mere inch from his leg as he shot upwards into the sky. She wasn't even thinking about the scent of humans at that moment -about the urge to kill them. All her attention was on the challenger.

Letting out that terrible scream again -a sound that was more like grating metal than a roar- Cheza crouched, wings snapping wide. Magic rippled across her frame, creating an odd bluish tint to her skin and feathers. Some kind of barrier between her and magic -though how strong it was had yet to be tested.

But the greatest change was to her shoulders and hind-quarters. Already packed with muscle, they bulged as new physical buffing flooded through her body. Instinct had taken over -the beast was in control. Her anger was in control.

And for one painful second, she hung very still.

Then she was airborne. Her hind-legs shoving her up off of the earth, claws scraping the cement as her wings pumped down once, twice, three times -sending leaves and grit flying. Her eyes were only for the wyvern high above, preparing to stoop at her and take them both down before she'd even had a chance to gain height over him. Her muzzle curled back and her teeth gleamed in a draconic grin. Fool. Come to me if you wish, but you shall only meet pain!

Snarling, Cheza reared back, positioning her body at a near-impossible angle in the air. She was leaning back too far, her chest protruding outwards, the "x" shaped scar on it a literal target. It was almost as if she was making herself look foolish in the air -look vulnerable. Why was she hanging lower than him in the sky, rather than trying to gain height over him?

She was a wyrkae. That was why -they may look similar, but their hunting tactics were entirely different. Cheza's mocking grin only widened further as the wyvern noticed her pompous display. That would keep him from noticing her hind -claws until it was too late.

If the wyvern came to close, she would snatch him right out of the air.

8. TheApprentice

'Hahaha! This will be easy,' Thought the boy as he looked down upon Cheza. He noticed she made a vicious roar and pumped her wings properly. Her only problem was, he had height over him.

He had never fought another wycanthrope before, but he figured the most important tactic was to gain height. That was, after all, how he had beaten the other shape shifters...who all turned into land creatures. It was also how his part time job to hunt land animals.

In response to Chezas roar, he gave his own terrifying roar, though it sounded nothing like Cheza's. His roar sounded more like a lion, only louder and meaner.

If Cheza wasn't gonna make her move, he would just make his. Throwing all caution to the wind, he drove downward furiously. In less than a second he was upon her, and opened powerful jaws lined with razor teeth, only to snap them shut on her wing.

mmarage likes this.
  9. Keitsumah

Cheza snarled, but it was quickly tinged by a triumphant roar. He'd gone for her wing, leaving his neck completely exposed.

Moving on instinct, Cheza sank her talons deep into his sides to hold him still, then clamped down on the back of his neck to hold his head still, giving him double, no, triple pain for him biting her wing. The taste of blood flooded hot through her mouth, but she felt no need to kill him. This was a mere predator's fight. This was a mere challenge to turf. And to go for her wing so quickly... he was a pup! No. It would be more humiliating to make him submit to her.

Wrenching them both to one side and lop-siding him, they tumbled through the air, faster and faster. Cheza battered him with her one good wing, keeping them both on course for the tree they would smash into. They were both close in length and size, but her bones were denser and could handle harsh impacts like that much better. She was a creature built for flying through the trees and smashing through branches. He was built for the open air.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  10. TheApprentice

"Wooooo!" The students hollered, cheering for the new kid to win. They had all been beaten by this wyvern kid. Cheza was up against an undefeated champion, and seemed to have the upper hand already.

The wykanthrope growled angrily, as blood was streaking down his neck. He hadn't beaten every other student just to get his ass kicked by this new kid. Cheza's swatting hurt, but he was pleased by this as it was a sign that he was hurting her. It wasn't until they smashed into the tree and broke it in half that he was mad. There was minimal pain, but it was so sudden it broke his concentration. He strengthened his bite on her wing. His tail came up from the exposed side of Cheza's head and lashed her. It was stronger than Cheza's wing, and he was driven to win this fight. He lashed her face repeatedly with it.

That was when Mikkish and the girl walked back to the area. Both of them were fixing their clothes, which looked like they were put on in a hurry. Mikkish looked over the scene of the students all cheering on the fight, the broken tree, and the two wykanthropes biting into each other. He could clearly see which was Cheza. When she turned before, she had feathers. The one she was fighting with had only scales.

It seemed like Cheza was winning. From the looks of it, the other one tried to bite off Cheza's wing and beat her when she fell to the ground, but his neck got bitten when he bit her. A good move, because otherwise the other wyvern could rip off Cheza's wing. They were stuck this way, and were hitting each other with their wings and tails. To him it looked like two cats fighting each other, with less cuteness and more blood.

"$15 on the feathered one."
    One student said
    "$20 on the Austin"
    Said another. Austin being the kid Cheza was fighting.

They were handing their money to one student with piercings and a mohawk dyed red and violet. Mikkish walked up.

"Hey man, 15 bucks on Cheza. She's the one with the feathers." He said with a grin.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    mmarage likes this.
  11. Keitsumah

Cheza struggled to breathe, her breaths becoming ragged as they tumbled to the ground. She growled angrilly, both at the fact that his spine hadn't caved when they'd split the tree, and the fact that she hadn't beaten him already. She blinked away at the blood that ran into her eye from his lashing tail. He might be king of this school, but she'd been the top predator in the jungle not far from here -and it had been to survive!

Then she stiffened for an instant, both of them straining against one another. Survival. She was fighting to survive. No -she was just fighting for turf, not life. Not turf not turf.

But she was no longer seeing him -seeing the wyvern. She was in the pit.

"Are you sure she can take much more of this...? What if we kill her?" one voice said, almost worried that they would lose their three-year-old experiment.

"Then we try again. Until she learns to control herself -or at least fight on command, then we have to do this." another voice said coldly.

Cheza trembled in her chains, looking up through the bars of her cage to the other end of the arena. Something large and reeking of death prowled on the other side of the gate. It looked like a wolf -but it was not a wolf. It had scales. It had wings. It was mutilated beyond recognition, and Cheza could only recognize it's origin from those hateful, blazing yellow eyes.

With a near-silent click, her chains dropped and the cage opened.

Instinct finally overwhelmed her completely. It shattered the barrier that had been holding back her kill drive. Cheza's eyes glowed brighter than ever, and she sank her teeth deeper into the wyvern's neck until she felt bone. The back of his skull. But she only saw the monster. Saw it ripping at her wing -saw it's claws tearing at her flesh as she desperately tried to fend it off.

Snorting out a blast of red to clear her throat of his blood and spattering the both of them, she let go with one leg and gripped the earth, sinking her talons deep. The other remained on his back, penetrating deep into scaly flesh. No. Fur. No. Scales.

Growling, Cheza abruptly changed the physical buff from her body to her neck, overpowering him in that instant and driving his face into the dirt along with her wing. The pain only caused her to tighten her jaws even more, though she could feel the bone begin to bend under the strain. But it didn't matter. She had to kill it. Get away, kill it and live. She was going to be eaten. Eaten!

Kill. Kill. KILL! Scrabbling to get onto his back and pinning him to the earth with her greater weight, Cheza shook her head forcefully, aiming to twist his jaws open and free her wing. His tail lashed against her back like a whip now, but she paid it no mind even as it rent her flesh in long, angry red lines. Her feathers stood on end as if she had been electrified, and Cheza mercilessly ground his muzzle harder and harder against the ground, the pain in her wing forgotten. He could tear it off for all she cared -he was the one who would die. Not her. She would win. She would win.

Unbeknownst to her, she had begun muttering the curse that had been cast upon her shortly before her heart transfer:

"Heart of dragon, blood of griffon,
    cursed is she, who thinks to be human,
    you are wyrkae, the destroyer of worlds.
    From the world of the non-caster, you shall become cast!

Heart of dragon, blood of griffon.
    Eye of newt and claw of raven.
    Death shall follow thee, death is your name,
    Cheza Nightwing, you will become mankind's bane."

A rune began to glow on her forehead, depicting an image of a crescent moon and a sword. If any of the students had researched their ancient languages, they would recognize it as one of the oldest runes for war. A symbol used to control entire armies.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  12. mmarage

"Stop this, don't bet on this! What is wrong with all of you!? She's gonna kill him!" I shouted, the glowing grew brighter, my desperation was at its limits, all of the possible endings, all of them very bad if no one stepped in, one, she'd kill him, then, still fueled by her blood lust, would go on to kill the rest of us. The next ending was that the boy would make some recovery and kill Cheza. The final ending would be that some teachers would just come out, see two beasts battling and kill them outright. "ENOUGH!" I shouted at the top of my lungs, the light energy building up in my hands suddenly exploded, surrounding me and blasting the students away from me, it wasn't anything deadly, it was just primal, something that was born out of desperation and instinct from a completely untrained mage that didn't even realize that he had such power, at worst it might have caused some minor burns and made them hit something as they were pushed off of their feet and away from me.

I looked around at the mainly unharmed students. "Did I do that...!?" I wondered completely shocked, I shook my head. "Sorry!" I said, it was the only thing that I could think of saying, I scooped up my bow and arrow and quickly ran away from the students, jumping over their bodies and then aimed my arrow at Cheza. "I said that was enough, Cheza, stop this now, don't make me hurt you, he's lost, he saw how wrong he was, now calm down and stop before you kill him and hurt anyone else!" I shouted.

13. TheApprentice

The students who were knocked back by Joe were ready to get right back up and beat the living shit out of him....until they saw just how much blood was coming out of Austin. The fight was meant to prove who was a better wyvern, not to kill each other. Students who were out of Joes light blast and still standing stopped placing bets, and even the guy holding all the bet money stood there in shock.

The wykanthrope boy was now panicking. None of the fights he had been in as a wyvern or as a human had ever drawn so much blood. As soon as Cheza's fangs bit deep enough to meet his bones, he let out a loud growl in pain, and after Cheza nodded hard enough, his mouth opened and he yelled in agony. His tail continued to lash Cheza on the back as his face was being shoved into the dirst, but only to get her to let go of him. Such fights normally ended when one turned back into a human, but Austin feared turning back would lead to him getting chewed up and ripped apart. Cheza now had all the power in this fight. If she continued biting into Austin, he would pass out from blood loss...maybe even die. If she let go of his neck and stepped off of him, the fight would end, and the hospitals on the island, with the help of magic, could help him and he could recover.

Mikkish's amused expression turned into one of concern. He was standing outside of Joe's blast, but his head snapped over to Joe when he let the blast out. His worry only heightened as Joe approached the vicious and terrifying wyrkae that was Cheza.

"Alright." He said to himself, knowing this had gone too far "Hey Joe! Don't be stupid. She's dangerous. Back away from her." He called to him. Mikkish honestly didn't think Joe was tough. He seemed timid and nervous. In his eyes, letting Joe get close to something so dangerous would be like letting a toddler walk off a cliff.

Then Mikkish made his own attempt at calming Cheza.

"Hey Cheza." He said, not out loud, but telepathically "Calm down. You won." Cheza would undoubtedly hear. Mikkish made sure to send calming vibes through telepathy as well to Cheza, in hopes she would turn back and stop fighting.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
    mmarage likes this.
  14. Keitsumah

"I said that was enough, Cheza, stop this now, don't make me hurt you, he's lost, he saw how wrong he was, now calm down and stop before you kill him and hurt anyone else!" Joe shouted. Cheza wouldn't have heard him, but then Mikkish spoke into her head:

"Hey Cheza." He said, not out loud, but telepathically "Calm down. You won." Cheza would undoubtedly hear. Mikkish made sure to send calming vibes through telepathy as well to Cheza, in hopes she would turn back and stop fighting.

She paused. Just for an instant, she paused. Her spine rippled with aftershocks, her feathers still standing on end. Her eyes roved wildly over the crowd, over their faces. First as enemies, but then confusion tinged her glance. The rune flickered and faded. Her eyes turned back to steel grey, rather than that unholy yellow.

Then she remembered the taste of blood in her mouth and dropped the wyvern's head, backing away in horror. She's didn't see the ragged breaths he drew -didn't realize he was still alive. No! No! Not again! Shaking, she took three steps back, wide eyes focused only on the blood -the body. She had to get away before she lost control again.

She could never be around them. It had been foolish of her to go along with them. Why had she even tried?

Her head turned toward Joe then, noticing the bow and arrow he held in his trembling fists. She stepped toward him. No doubt she would still look like a mad beast, with all the blood staining her face and chest. If he killed her, it would all be over. All the pain, all the suffering for so long. She wouldn't have to deal with it. She wouldn't be haunted by it.

Yet she couldn't take another step. They just stood there, staring at each other.

Kill me. She silently begged.

15. TheApprentice

It looked like Cheza was calming down. She had left the guy alone and shifted her attention to Joe. More than likely, she would probably maul Joe next, or maybe Joe could hold his own. He may not be tough mentally, but from what Mikkish had seen Joe was skilled with magic. That explosion had knocked back several students.

Regardless of what was going on between Cheza and Joe, Mikkish had to focus on the important thing: the wyvern boy.

Austin gave out a cry, sounding more like a roar but with fear and desperation. Only a second afterwards, his tail retracted, his wings disappeared as his arms came back, and his head changed shape. After only a minute, he had returned to his human form. He was covered in blood. His shoulder was broken, his neck gushing. It seemed he could die any moment.

While Cheza was distracted by Joe, Mikkish charged his physical buff through his legs and speed dashed around Cheza to Austin's mutilated, but still breathing, body. In an instant, he was at the spot where the wyvern had been, but was now just a scared, injured student. Mikkish wasted no time, and lifted the boy, carrying him over the shoulder. Then, he speed dashed away, and lay Austin against a wall. Mikkish turned to a nearby student.

"Hey, didn't you see what happened? Get a healing mage! We need healing magic!"

The student quickly ran off, while Mikkish took off his shirt over his undershirt and wrapped it around Austin's neck to stop the bleeding.

mmarage likes this.
  16. mmarage

I watched Cheza and noticed her eyes changed back to her normal colors and stepped away from the boy she had been mauling, I watched her take a step toward me, but I noticed the hesitation... I noticed the pain in her eyes... I could almost tell what she was asking me to do, I took my arrow off of the string and put it back into my quiver. "I-It's alright, y-you weren't yourself." I said, I took a few steps forward tentatively, I had saw Mikkish in the background getting the student help, so I knew that the danger was passing, I had the feeling that Cheza was back in her right mind. I was afraid of the huge beast in front of me, however... I couldn't ignore her pain, it was the only thing that kept me going toward her, I outstretched my hand toward her slowly, doing my best not to quiver as I did, which unfortunately, didn't go very well. "I-I'm not gonna hurt you..." I said quietly, I silently prayed that my calming aura was still working... I prayed that she'd return to normal and that this situation would end without anymore bloodshed.

17. Keitsumah

Cheza closed her eyes and let out a mournful keen. The physical buff and magic resistance faded away as well, and her body visibly shrank and shriveled -revealing the emaciated, wasted creature beneath. Her feathers dulled and went slack, and her scars gained an ugly, pale hue that bespoke of old infection. No. She wasn't all right. She would kill them all, and they knew it. She was just a starved animal, trained to attack anything and everything that went near her. She wasn't human, and didn't deserve to be treated like one.

Yet it felt as if heavy boulders were weighing upon her shoulders, locking her in place. She couldn't run, couldn't turn away from his hand in the moment it brushed her muzzle. She could feel his fluttering pulse -full of fear. She should have attacked him then and there. That was what she had been tormented for, wasn't it? Because she wouldn't?

"I'm a monster..." she rasped. Her body flowed back into that of a human once more, the tail and scars shrinking and retracting. Her fangs no longer visible, her feathers nonexistent. Blood flowed freely down her back and arm where she had been wounded in the battle.

Weak and trembling, Cheza collapsed against him, her gaze unfocused. "Why...? Why did they do this to me... when magic isn't even real...? It's only myth..."

"It's only myth..."

18. TheApprentice

"Looks like I have work to do." Said an old professor, in a kind, wise tone. "Don't worry about him, such wounds are easy to fix with a little know how."

Mikkish was confused, all this fighting, and a boy close to dying, yet this old man seemed so calm. The professor reached into his pocket and fed Austin a small vial of pink liquid. Austin's neck stopped bleeding, and his skin began sealing up rapidly, but he passed out. "So thats it? He's good?" Mikkish asked

"The fights some of you students have usually result in severe injury, but nobody has ever died from them. This is nothing compared to the fight between Reggie and Sebastian in 1996." Said the professor, reminiscing "He will be just fine."

Before walking away, Mikkish took a glance at the professor's nametag. Engraved in metal on the plastic tag read "Jerome."

Mikkish jogged over to where Joe was. He didn't want the kid dying. Especially right after he just got to the school.

Then there was Cheza. They took her here to help her with whatever trauma she was suffering. Then when she gets here she turns into some kind of dragon and almost kills a guy. At least there was some silver lining though: Mikkish won his bet.

When Mikkish returned to the scene, he saw Joe had put his arrow away and Cheza had returned to human form. Cheza was bleeding a lot. Her transformation was likely a product of her trauma. Mikkish regretted placing his bet and encouraging the fight. He was partially to blame for this.

"Hey Joe. She's gonna need to heal. If you know any magic that can help with that..." Mikkish said as he ran up.

mmarage likes this.
  19. mmarage

I held Cheza quietly. "It's okay... it's okay..." I said, rubbing her back soothingly. "You just don't know how to control it, you're not a monster, you're a good person Cheza, you can learn to control it and use it to protect yourself and others, it might've been forced on you, but you're the one that decides what you do with it, no one else." I said reassuringly, my calming aura enveloped her as I myself began calming down.

I looked up at Mikkish as he came running over. "W-Well... I might be able to do something... though I don't know how to control my magic... in fact I didn't even know I could do something like what I had just done... I hope that those other students are alright, I didn't mean to hurt them, I hope that they aren't too angry..." I said quietly, I began to gingerly touch Cheza's wounds, instead of pain from the touch, she felt a soothing feeling, she felt the pain begin to ebb away as they gradually began to stop bleeding, though if she moved, it would likely reopen the wounds and she'd begin bleeding again... "This is all I can do, I'd suggest you go get someone that knows what they're doing..." I said looking over at Mikkish.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  20. TheApprentice

Mikkish watched as Joe touched Cheza's wounds gently. To Mikkish's relief, the lacerations began closing up. The students seemed to have forgotten Joe's light blast when they saw that Austin had almost died. Everything appeared to have calmed down. There was only one problem pertaining to the situation that Mikkish had to attend to. He walked over to the kid who took his money for the bet. The kid seemed to be looking on in shock, but Mikkish got his attention by snapping in his face. Saying nothing, the kid handed Mikkish $30.

Putting the 30 bucks in his wallet, Mikkish walked back over to Joe and Cheza.

"You know, Joe, you're right. This is a magic school. I doubt she can't learn to control it." Mikkish said, looking down as he put his wallet away "There is one small problem though. She might not get accepted after what just happened. Still someone might try stop her from turning back into that...dragon thing, just to keep the city safe."

The crowd of students dissipated. Most walked off elsewhere into the city. Others walked back into the school. A few stood around awkwardly.

"We should go inside. Look for a teacher or....I don't know. We can't just stand out here." Mikkish thought maybe Cheza could get accepted after all. That Jerome professor made it sound like these fights happened all the time.

mmarage likes this.
  21. Keitsumah

Cheza gingerly stepped away from Joe, the movement causing her to wince, but thankfully the wounds didn't re-open. She did, however, make sure to stay close to him as hey followed Mikkish in search of a teacher. She didn't feel so nervous when he was around.

"I'm not so sure if i can learn to control it..." she muttered. "Three years should be enough time, right? More than enough...I don't know anymore..." At Mikkish's mentioning that they may lock the beast up inside her, she instinctively shrank back. She'd tried it too much, and look what had happened. She'd nearly killed someone, and had killed many others before.

"Locking it up won't work. It'll do something worse then when it does get out." she hissed, "Or something else will happen. I don't know what they did to me, but it also made me resistant to those kinds of..." she refused to say the word spells "...things."

22. TheApprentice

"Resistant can only mean so much." Mikkish said, walking towards the front doors "I am sure a smart enough...." What was that word? What should he call himself and everyone else on this island? "Mage." There we go, that was the word. Wizard sounded like an old man with a pointed hat. Warlock sounded like something straight out of DND. Yes! Mage was the proper word. "A powerful enough mage could get past, whatever shielding you're talking about, and put you in control."

The double doors swung wide open as Mikkish walked in. He walked over to the front desk.

"Hey, im here to register with the school." Mikkish said "She is too." Mikkish pointed at Cheza.

"Yes, alright." The desk woman said "Your name is Mikkish Callanhad, right?" She asked with a smirk. This was her telepathy. "And the girl's name is Cheza Nightwing." She said, looking at Cheza.

"Well, yes, my name is Mikkish Callanhad. How did you..." Mikkish knew how she knew their names. This was a magic school "Nevermind." He said, smiling. He couldn't wait to be that good.

"There is also a boy....Joseph Hikari Nobunaga? Lets see..." the woman went on "David Sinclair, Hikaru Sveta Karosawa, Leon-oh. Sorry, I get distracted sometimes. Mikkish, you're already in the system. Cheza, looks like we have to register you. This will take just a minute." She said, raising her hand, and creating a light around Cheza. This wouldn't harm her in any way, and in a second, it was gone.

"Ok, all done. Here are the keys to your dorm rooms." She said, handing them keys with number tags on them. Mikkish' said 248, and Cheza's said 273.

mmarage likes this.
  23. TheApprentice

"And here you are, young man." The woman said, handing a key to Joe, with a tag that read 247.

"So is this the dorm building?" Mikkish asked, looking around as he heard lectures being given.

"The dorm building is right through the door down the hall to my left. You will go outside and walk straight down the sidewalk. The door at the end of the sidewalk is the dorm building." She said kindly "Oh, also, here are your class schedules. Classes start tomorrow."

They each had the same schedules, starting at 7:00am with a one hour break at 11am, and the school day ending at 3pm. Each schedule had classes for conjuration, elemental, healing, physical buff, break, mathematics, soul energy studies, and sparring, in that order.

Mikkish skimmed his schedule, nodded his head, and went on his way to the dorm building. 'Best school ever!" He thought. As soon as the group walked inside there was a whiteboard on the wall right across from the entrance. The sign read:

1st Floor: Mail Boxes
    2nd Floor: Game Room
    Top Floor: Gym

There was also a sign on the wall pointing down the hall to his left which said "Elevator and Staircase."

"Hey Joe." He said with a grin "After we put our stuff in our rooms, want to see if there are any two player games in the game room?"

mmarage likes this.
  24. mmarage

I had made a quick detour to grab my things, then I quickly unstrung my bow, and placed it and the quiver back into its case and went after Mikkish as he went inside the building. I was a bit surprised that the woman had known my name, though of course it must've been telepathy, it was a magic school after all. I took my key and schedule from the woman and bowed politely. "T-Thank you very much, miss." I said quietly, I looked down at my schedule quietly. "Conjuration, elements, healing, physical buff training, a break, math, soul energy studies, and then sparring... this... is... awesome!" I thought.

I walked after Mikkish, still helping Cheza along. I looked at the signs quietly. "At least I'll be able to keep up regular contact with mom..." I thought, after seeing the sign for the Mail Room, I looked over at Mikkish when he asked me if he wanted me to play a game with him. "Is... he being serious?" I wondered, usually people didn't really hang out with me, since I was considered very weird due to my presence and also how wounds seemingly would disappear whenever I touched them, I believe the insults were 'demon', 'alien', or 'freak of nature', though after a while you just tune people out... but of course, he was like me, and I haven't done anything to offend him. "U-Um... sure!" I said smiling.

With that, I went toward the elevator, still helping Cheza, hit the button and went inside and waited for Mikkish to come into the elevator as well before I'd hit the button to the second floor.

----------------------------------------------------------

Leon had watched the fight smirking the whole time, though he frowned as he noticed the group that had been holding back that annoying boy had been blasted away. "Oh goody, he's here to ruin the fight." He thought, he watched as two guys put an end to it, one getting the idiot that had started the whole thing away, and the other calming down the crazy one that nearly killed him... too bad she didn't finish the job, it would have been much more entertaining to see and also one less idiot in the world, he sighed as the group left and went inside. "Come along Jack." He said snapping his fingers, Jeremy, with a lot of effort, lifted up Leon's bags from their resting places. "It's Jeremy..." He mumbled timidly.

They walked inside a few minutes after the other group had left, he pushed past anyone that was standing in line and leaned on the reception desk. "Hey, I'm here to pick up my key and my schedule, hop to it, chop chop." Leon said snapping his fingers twice to get the point through, he didn't want to wait around for some idiot to take an hour to just pull out a schedule and a key.

25. TheApprentice

The woman at the desk blinked with surprise at Leon's impatience.

"Right...You must be Leon Lawrence Levant." She said, picking up a blank sheet of paper. In an instant, the text for his schedule appeared on the sheet and she handed it to him.

"There is your schedule." She said, kindly, despite his attitude.

Then she reached into a small pouch, which was much too small to hold enough keys for the whole building. She then pulled out a key, with a tag on it that read the numbers "247" on it.

"And here is your key." She said with a fake smile, as she waited for him to take the key and schedule and go away.

Meanwhile....

"Hey, thanks." Mikkish said to Joe, as he walked into the elevator "You know, you actually seem like a pretty cool guy, Joe."

Mikkish was being genuine. Joe seemed pretty chill, and not the kind of "chill" that was lazy or stupid. Not only that, but Joe didn't act as weird as the rest of them. The only problem with Joe was how he seemed nervous, and maybe too nice. Mikkish wouldn't complain though. This just meant that Joe needed a little guidance on being more of a badass. More like Mikkish.

The elevator came to the second floor pretty quickly. Across from the elevator was an informative sign, which read "-50 = boys. 51+=ladies."

Mikkish walked off to his dorm to put his stuff away. After jiggling the key in the lock a little, the door creaked open to reveal a spacious, but trashy looking dorm room. The television was big, clunky, and had old antennas so while there was no cable, maybe they could get infomercials. Two bunk beds with rusty metal frames stood on either side of the television. There were two, really old looking desks in the room, and two trunks next to each of them.

Mikkish would have been concerned with the fact that there were no computers in the room for him to look at porn on, but he felt a greater concern, so much he didn't even think about the lack of internet. He couldn't help but feel nervous about the book he came with. Even though he could lock his dorm room, what if someone picked his lock and stole it? A better question, he figured, was why in hell did he feel so nervous about this book? It was like ever since he got it, he had to know it was safe at all of times. He never felt so attached to an object in his life.

Mikkish lifted up the mattress on the bottom bunk of one bunk, and hid the book underneath. With his good memory, he would remember where he hid the book. He then proceeded to put all his clothing away and walk outside into the hallway. After locking up the door, he turned the handle to make sure nobody could get in.

"Hey Joe, hurry up. If there is an Xbox and Halo, im gonna show you how to play video games." Mikkish called with a smile.

mmarage likes this.