1. Chronicle535

Chronicle535 New Member

Vampire Lore

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Chronicle535, Oct 28, 2012.

Good Evening Everyone,

I am currently trying to write my own vampire novel but I am trying to avoid being to cliche. I am also not writing a book about sparkly so called vampires that climb trees. I need to find the dark history and lore about vampires. That being said I have no idea where to look for appropriate history and lore regarding vampires without scouring through hundreds if not thousands of books that will be of no use to me. I want this novel to be as historically accurate as possible while still making it apparent that this novel is a fiction but I want it to be as realistic as possible so when people think of my vampire they aren't just thinking about it but looking over their shoulder to make sure my vampire isn't looking over their shoulder as well. Does anyone have any ideas where to look for books with solid vampire lore and history?

Any help in this subject will be much appreciated thanks,

Chronicle535

2. luna claire

luna claire Member

There's "Vampire: The Complete Guide to the World of the Undead" by Manuela Dunn Mascetti.