1. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems

Vampyre Story!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Erik-the-Enchanter!, Sep 18, 2012.

Vampyre Story[/B}

Welcome to the Nightlife, fledgling Vampyres! Our story begins in a grungy New York-style city at the mid-of-night. The Vampyre Queen, Hecati, has summoned all the vampyres to the hidden underground tunnels called Necropolis. She is waiting in the ancient circular throne room lit torches and flanked by the royal guard, and her vicious pet jaguar named Nen. Her voice whispers through the night, 'Come to me, my lovelies...' And they can not resist. No one can guess her motives, but there have been whispers of rival vampyres pushing in on their territory. And everyone knows Hecati does not take kindly to trespassers...

Game Play/Vampyre Elementology

The story begins with your character being called by the Vampyre Queen at midnight. You can say what your character is doing at the time, and then continue to say how you arrive at the Necropolis throne room. In this story Vampyres have all the traditional vampirish abilities: strength, speed, enhanced senses, fast-growing nails and hair, pale skin and unearthly beauty. Eye color is optional, red, black, whatever your heart desires! Also, some vampyres are Gifted and have a special "affinity" for one of the Five Elements: Air, Wind, Fire, Earth, Spirit. Everyone in this story will begin as a newborne vampyre, or a fledgling, and as such will have only minimal control of their Element. As the story progresses, your character's triumphs will be rewarded with a 'power-up' and you will message me your idea for your characters new Element-based ability, of which I will approve or we will discuss a compromise. After five power-ups your fledgling will graduate to a Full Vampyre, and will receive the honorary title 'Lord' or 'Lady'. Here are the Elements and their traits:

Earth--Ball of life, ultimate feminine element, nurturing and stable, stregnth and endruance

Fire--Purifying, masculine power, strong will, creates and destroys, energetic

Water--Feminine energy, healing and cleansing, passion and emotion

Air--Breath of life, communication, wisdom, intelligence, blows away strife, positive

Spirit(rarest element)--Psychic skills, powers of the mind, soul, sense of self, true sight

Character Templates (please post all Templates in the Discussion thread and I will approve them)

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Brief history:

Element: (Earth,Fire,Water,Air,Spirit)

Beginner ability:

Equipment(optional):

Other:

Hecati's Laws:

Do not reveal yourselves to humans.

Do not Change humans to Vampyres without permission.

And never get caught feeding.

Penalty for breaking any of Hecati's Laws is death by stake.

Game Rules

The usual, do not control other character's dialogue or actions without permission. Work together to solve missions and no godplaying. Other than that you have complete free range, just have fun and bring your character to life! Special nod to Exzalia*, I was inspired by his story idea!

2. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Approved

3. Eclipseangel

Eclipseangel Member

Garan Letarim

"The money" Garan struck his hand out to the sleek-looking man in front of him. "For the bodyguard job"

"Look," he replied, "If you don't want your knees crushed, you should probably get you ass out of here pretty d*** quick"
    The henchmen at his sides, surely 30 centimeter taller that Garan himself, begun to draw their batons.

"Is that a challenge?" Garan asked, liftening his right eyebrow.

"You asked for it, take him!" the man barked. The henchmen walked against Garan.

"This oughta be easy" he mumbled to himself.

As the first hechman tried to hit him, he blocked his arm and punched him right in his lungs. As another came he stood on one leg and kicked him right in the face so his nose was crushed and he fell bacwards.

"That was two"

Now, there were only two more henchmen left, but they just ran away.

"Now, the money," Garan said, threatening.

"Please, take my money, but spare my life!" the sleek man replied in fear, threw out his money and ran away.

Garan picked up the money and went home.

"Come to me, my lovelies..."

He could not resist. He started to walk, almost unconscious, and had no sense of time until he was in front of a great door.
    The door to The Throne Room. He walked in...

4. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Someone's Coming! Daakyr warned me, his feathers bristling as he perched on the thin windowsill in the doorway -keeping watch should a nurse poke around where they were notwelcome at the moment.
    Snatching the bag of blood from the containment unit -type AB, so no one would really miss it as it was the most common blood-type- I ducked behind one of the massive freezers standing like cold chunks of ice in the darkened room. Te patteirgn of footsteps came from just beyond the doorway in the hall, and the raven quickly dove over to me from his perch as a stream of light poured through the opening portal. His dark eyes glittered in the scant lighting, and i smiled slightly as i carefully packed the plastic bag or red liquid away in a small bag tied to my hip.
    There was some murmuring as a man shuffled aobut the room, a few muffled curses as he stubbed hsi toe on one fo the storage compartments, then the soft click of the door finally shutting.
    I sighed in releif -I didn't want to hurt anyone innocent; it was best if i simply kept out of the mortal's hair, but that was impossible. I was a vampyre -i needed to drink blood to survive. That drive would always bring me back to some kind of interaction with the humans.
    Come to me my lovelies . . .
    I resisted the urge to mindlessly go to her -her and her "pet". Both Daakyr and I agreed that that overgrown ball of fur was too proud for his own good. But what was i to do; i couldn't predict anything of his future just yet -if i ever gained that supposed "power" that most Spirit-Vamps were expected to have.
    You don't really have a choice, Tahra. Even now your power wanes as you resist her call. Don't waste your strength -she may have a job for us to do. Daakyr stated simply, his claws diggign itno my hsoulder lightly.
    I sighed in agreement, standing up to open the window to look down at the busy road below me, and the open sewer cap that i had entered the surface from.
    Climbing until i had both feet on the sill, i leaned foreward and plunged thorugh the air. The wind screamed past my ears, and i felt no more as darkness enshrouded my mind -the overwhelming urge to go to my Lady.
    I may not be stronger than her now- but one day i will show everyone that you cannot hold onto me for long. I swore to myself.

5. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    Bree Three-hands

Bree was stalking the rooftops. looking for her next victim. There is a policeman walking patrol. Bree covers herself in air and silently jumps down, the man continues walking and Bree disappears. once again upon the rooftops she checks her loot. She is now 20 bucks, a pair of handcuffs and a flash light richer.
    the man wont realize anything before he needs the items, at that time Bree will be far away.

Come to me, my lovelies... The voice rang in her ears. "oh, how dare she use me like this!" Bree watches in terror as she starts moving against her own will.
    running the rooftops before jumping into the sewer. "the sewer seriously, now i'm certainly gonna kill her!" the empty threat echoing on the walls.

She muttered curses all the way to the throne room. Then her stream was interrupted by a quick "That girl never changes anything! She could at least decorate some more!" Then back to curses being muttered under her breath. When she enters the room the queen is standing high, flanked by her babysitters and pussycat. Two other vampires is already there. She quickly scans the room for anything valuable or any escape routes. With a sigh she noticed that her previous escape route was now completely blocked. Well at least she had escaped without punishment. why would the queen wait until now?

"So what did I do this time?"

6. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Hecati, the Vampyre Queen!

Hecati speaks...

The Vampyre Queen reclined on her silver chair with redvelvet paddings. She looked like a glamorous vintage movie star, like she glowed with moonlight, and she wore a shimmery metallic dress that move dlike liquid. When all of her coven had arrived she gave a small smile and stood like smoke rising, a graceful puppet pulled by strings. Her grace was even more unearthly than most Vampyres. Her jaguar, Nen, sat like a Sphinx by the throne his eyes half-lidded, but attentive. Then Hecati spoke.

"My babies, my dearest fledglings! How arrrre you!", Hecati drawled. "It is customary that you bow to me in my presence--but I will overlook it this once..." The Vampyre Queen started pacing. "It seems, my subjects, that there have been reports of strange Vampyres lurking around MY territory. This is unexceptable. Now, for the reason I summoned you all. I want you to capture me one of the trespassers and interrogate him for information. For this mission I will give you my most prized possession...my daughter, Calypso." A slender girl stepped out of the murky shadows. She wore a black velvet cloak wrapped around herself and a large hood from which only her cherryred mouth and pointy chin was visible. When she folded it back she revealed a slightly bulging forehead and large purple eyes. Her midnight hair was cut in a severe bob.

"She has a strong affinity for the Burning Element", Hecati continued. "She needs to get some fresh air--and I think she will be of some use. Protect her with your lives, and bring me back a prisoner. It would make me very happy if you succeeded..." She looked around and gave them each a brilliant--but threatening--smile that seemed to be composed of light glinting off of sharp knives. "You are dismissed!", she finished. Hecati waved her hand and suddenly the throne room dropped away and all the fledgings were falling...

...and there feet landed on the concrete sidewalk aboveground. Calypso the Vampyre Princess gave them each a suspicious look, and said, "Follow me. Our information says the strange Vampyres have been spotted around the Warehouse District..."

7. Alukard

Alukard New Member

ENTER AVIN
    The streets were lone with a single dim yellow light shining on the dirty sidewalk below. A shady figure appeared out of the dark, creeping across the pavement with lanky strides. The person wore all black and even had midnight black hair down to the waist; extremely thin as if it was starved the body disappeared back into the shadow.

“Come to me, my lovelies...”

Hmph” A ghastly face appeared, tightened grey skin with a long and thin nose, wide lips that were completely parched and glowing lavender eyes. Peering through his parted black tresses, a look of disgust gloomed on his face as he stared at a man and woman flirting in the distance.

“You will have to wait, Hecate, I’m busy”, He lingered through the shadows eyeing the bubbly couple. The couple paced along at a merry speed, both knowing what was in store once they arrived home. “Hey honey” The wife gave the husband a naughty look, “Let’s run home! First one there gets to…” her voice stopped eyes widening and staring at something behind the husband. Before the husband was able to ask a bony hand swung from the side snapping the man’s neck with a deep crunch, his body flew to the side skidding across asphalt.

The woman breathless started shivering, she had no words the only emotion throughout her body betrayed fear; the figure veiled in black stepped forward with eyes closed and a satisfied smirk. The dark gaps opened revealing radiant lavender light, his smile faded and before the woman could budge another muscle a long arm with ivory pointed fingers thrust straight through her throat. His long nails appeared at the back of her neck dripping oozy blood onto the pavement, with the other hand he pushed his faded sleeve past his elbow then lifted the woman’s body with one arm in the air. The crimson liquid from her gaping neck flooded down his forearm and seeped off his elbow, straight into his fanged mouth. His eyes rolled back into his skull as he drunk the juice of life, suddenly his arm swung down letting the body’s legs grasp the floor; both white slits disappearing as the bright lavender rolled back.

His voice slithered with a hiss, “This is sickening”, “How can I depend on such disgusting cockroaches”, his arm whipped with tremendous speed letting the limp body zip towards the nearby wall, with a meaty splat limbs flew off the body and gore stuck to the surface. He cracked his neck to one side and gazed at the somber sky.

He calmly walked inside the corridors, dusty and utterly silent…Beautiful silence, the world should know this place.

It’s 2:20am, nearing the massive throne door he stood still, head bowed and eyes closed. With one lean hand he gripped the bronze metal latch swinging the door open.

8. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Hecati, Agitated

The Vampyre Queen gazed disdainfully at the late arrival. "You are late," Hecati said after a pause. "The others are already on the job. Work with them and atone yourself for your tardiness..." With a wave of her slim, elegant hand she sent Avin spiraling down, down...and he reappeared with the other fledglings.

Princess Calypso gave him a look and said, "You're late." She wasn't as gorgeous as her mother, but she coudl affect the same cold, haughty tone. "We're going to try to capture a trespasser. Follow my lead." She turned away and with a flourish of her velvet cape, continued walking.

9. Alukard

Alukard New Member

Confused on what exactly hit him, Avin dazily looked between the other vampires not being able to tell them apart right away.

"We're going to try to capture a trespasser. Follow my lead" Coming back his expression turned to normal, the cold, arrogant look he always wears.

"Why do we need five to capture one trespasser?", with an extremely displeased tone he stared at Princess Calypso.

10. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Calypso, Shady

Calypso faced the insolent Vampyre who had dared to contradict her. Didn't he know anything about proper manners when speaking to a royal, such as herself? Didn't he know Hecati would severely punish him for even spitting in her direction? Calypso fixed him with a smoldering glare, her purple eyes glinting.

"Because", the Vampyre Princess said smoothly, "we are fledglings, and the intruder could very well be a Full Vampyre. And he, or she, most likely will not be alone. We must rely on each others talents to succeed. Also, we do this together, as a team, because your queen commands it. That alone should be reason enough", she added crispily. "Now, do try to be sociable so this mission will pass by breezily."

"Very good", Calypso said as if Avin had already agreed. She spared him a tight, smug frin before looking away.

11. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    Bree Three-hands

"Because", the Vampyre Princess said smoothly, "we are fledglings, and the intruder could very well be a Full Vampyre. And he, or she, most likely will not be alone. We must rely on each others talents to succeed. Also, we do this together, as a team, because your queen commands it. That alone should be reason enough", she added crispily. "Now, do try to be sociable so this mission will pass by breezily."

"Very good", Calypso said as if Avin had already agreed. She spared him a tight, smug frin before looking away.

The princess and the newcomer was talking. Why would anyone talk to her? She might remember some forgotten punishment of yours. Bree slowed down to walk beside the newcomer so she could whisper in his ear.

"You might wanna stay away from miss better-than-all-others over there. Wouldn't want her to talk you to death."

She flashed him a smile and went back to her own pace. All the while chuckling to herself, she didn't know it was so easy getting away from punishment.

12. Alukard

Alukard New Member

Avin stared forward the entire time the young vampire girl was talking to him, not a hint of emotion betrayed his face, even after he was slapped by the words of Calypso his cold gaze remained. Weak...I despise the weak...all who are weak will fall...and I will not be as such. Anger laid on that bony face, his veins were pulsating...His eyes closed and he continued his confident stride.

13. Keitsumah

I looked back as Avin strode a few feet behind me along the quiet sidewalk, wondering what he was thinking.
    It's been awhile since i last saw him. I mused, disgust creeping into my thoughts -for he reminded me all too much of the vampyre that had turned me, guess he's still the same.
    When Hecati had given us our orders and transported us to a street that I wasn't familliar with, I had halted -not in surprise but in slight discomfort at the breif disorientation. No one else seemed to have felt that effect of her powers being used on them, though; so I had quickly dropped that subject of mind as Daakyr glided smoothly to my shoulder from where he had been flying over the other vampyre's heads to gather information.
    It appears no one else feels that this has more to do with that other coven than they realize. the raven croaked, nibbling the tip of my ear with his serrated beak. His feathers bristled breifly as a chill wind ruffled them, then he flattened them as we made a turn into a dark alleyway.
    I looked back again as the others continued speaking; slightly annoyed at the break in silence. Don't any of them know that we are hunting another Vampyre and that we could be walking into an ambush? They act as if this will be a peice of cake!
    Daakyr suddenly made a low hissing noise and i stopped dead in my tracks. I felt the blood drain from my face as i scented old blood and fear -saw the doorway of a small house hanging ajar with a large hole in the middle of it. Shattered windows whislted mournfuly as the wind blew through them, and the dying screams of my family rang through my mind.
    My home.
    Daakyr screeched and took off as the overwhelming strength of my emotions began to allow him veiw of my thoughts, and i crouched, shaking violently as i struggled to shut out the noise -to keep others from seeing that deep wound that still haunted my every waking moment . . .
    "Tahra! Take your brother and get out of here!" my father yelled as he charged the vampyre that stood in the living room, his eyes glowing as he stared at me with an animalistic hunger in his gaze. My mother screamed as the monster simply looked at him and sent him flying into the wall, and she too ran foreward to stop it . . .
    I screamed aloud as i collapsed, holding my head as Daakyr dove at anyone foolish enough to get too close to me.
    Mom . . .dad . . .
    "Tahra? Who was that man?" Timmothy asked me as we halted in the alleyway a few blocks from the house, gasping for breath.
    "The man I killed. The man i killed for you . . ." I growled out, slamming a lid over my thoguhts before they could continue any further. Sweat trickled down my forehead, and i panted as i stood back up, not daring to look at the others. I knew they would have pity in their eyes; and pity was not what i needed. They would have seen that deepest part of me that i struggled every day to hide -but when i had killed the one who had turned me my chance at controlling my abilities had flown right out the window.

"Leave me here; i just need a moment." I said numbly, scooting away until i was hidden in a shadow with my back pressing against the wall -looking at the destroyed remains of my home.
    I shivered as Daakyr landed on my knee, cawing mournfully as i kept his thoughts from touching mine -keeping my emotions on lock-down would be best for the moment. I closed my eyes and pulled my dagger out of its sheath, looking at the silvery sheen glinting off of the blade in the moonlight. It had been the kitchen knife i had been wielding at the time the vampyre had caught up with us -the knife that I had stabbed it through the heart with after rendering it helpless with my new-found ability. Crimson scream.

14. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Calypso, Healing

"Leave me here; i just need a moment."

Calypso narrowed her eyes suspiciously at the tall girl who was now folded into herself on the ground. Was she faking it so she could escape? No, that would be foolish. Hecati would find her and there would be a reckoning. So if she wasn't faking, then the girl was having some kind of fit. Calypso saw the distressing in her haunting chameleon eyes and heard it in her trembly voice. They couldn't be having people falling apart before they even reached the Warehouse District! Calypso gave an exasperated, world-weary sigh and crouched beside the girl.

"Tahra, is it?", Calypso said quietly. "We have to keep moving. I can see you are having some kind of inner turmoil. If you'd let me, I could heal you with my Fire Touch. It's my beginner power, I can burn or heal with a touch. Shall I?" Without waiting for her consent, Calypso laid a hand on Tahra's knee and focused. Warmth spread from her fingers into Tahra. If Tahra let it, the healing energy would soothe her nightmarish visions momentarily.

15. Keitsumah

Not a good idea. was my first thought.
    Tahra; you should let her. Daakyr commented dryly.
    I gritted my teeth to bite back a retort but managed to keep from shrinking back as Calypso placed a palm on my knee.
    Tahra . . . Daakyr said. I sighed in resignation.

You'll regret it, Calypso -but since you offered It's your burden. I sent the words directly to the Princess's mind before I allowed her power to pour through me -to see what I had seen that terrible night. I might end up getting punished for this; but I had no control over my power whatsoever -so i couldn't exactly be blamed for that.
    Clenching my hand more tightly around the dagger i held, I lengthened my fangs and felt my senses heighten. I would need to move soon -and if anyone wanted to think i was a helpless child I would show them a thing or two.

Never cage a wild animal I thought -and that was just what i was.

16. Eclipseangel

Eclipseangel Member

Garan Letarim

Garan looked at the princess with a white glaze. "As beutiful as her mother," he thought while drawing his gun. He liked his gun. It was a Sig Sauer p226, using caliber 40. He slid the magazine out with a matallic klank.

He turned his gaze to the anorectic vampire some meters beside him. Garan somehow sensed a bloodthirst for him. Garan also sensed that he should be aware of the girl with braids.

He examined the magazine. Full. He then put the magazine inside the gun again and pulled back the slide. Klack. Loaded.

17. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Challenge #1!

Calypso flinched at the flood of dark twisted visions from Tahra. This girl had been through hell. A shadow imprint rested on Calypso's heart after she finished the healing. She concentrated until it was consumed by her inner fire, but it still left her feeling slightly shaken. Having witnessed some of Tahra's darkest memories, Calypso felt inclined to tell her something about her past. She whispered, "Im not Hecati's biological daughter. She made me because she wanted an Heir, to continue her legacy. I was a runaway, my parents thought I was...off. I was always attracted to dark things. Now I am a being of the night. Everything happens for a reason, you can be crippled by your past or strengthened. It's your choice."

Then Calypso stood and led them all deeper into the part of town that had been abandoned after some riots. They made it to the Warehouse District a few hours before dawn. It turne dout they didn't have to find the intruders--they came to them. Three fledglings in punk street clothes and a Full Vampyre with an opera cape. Calypso hissed. The Full Vampyre grinned and said, "The princess--our master will be glad to know we killed you, and four of her fledglings..."

FIGHT TIME!

Fledgling #1 has a pair of nunchaku. He lashes at Tahra! (It is not specified if it hit or missed--that's up to Tahra.)

Fledgling #2 has thowing spikes. He tries to creep behind Garan.

Fledgling #3 is armed with fists. He confronts Avin.

Full Vampyre has an affinity for the Element Water. He summons water from a sewer drain and creates a protective water bubble around himself.

Your turn!

18. Alukard

Alukard New Member

I FAIL! (ignore)

19. Eclipseangel

Eclipseangel Member

Garan Letarim

"The princess--our master will be glad to know we killed you, and four of her fledglings..."

"We're on" Garan thought. One of the fledglings clearly had set his eyes on Garan. He had throwing spikes.

"F***! I can't block those!" he mumbled to himself. He couldn't see the fledgling anymore.

He felt a light itching in his arm, so he looked down the arm and saw a spike protruding out of it. Klank. He lost his gun. He tried to move the arm, but it wouldn't move even an inch. "D***" Garan picked up his gun with his left hand.

There! He saw a glint and ducked. The spike went right over him. Leap of wind! Garan yelled.

He flew through the air against the startled fledgling. Bang! The fledgling sunk to the ground whit a hole in his head.

Garan looked at the spike in his arm. "D***, I'm gonna feel that tomorrow." He said, turning to the other vampires.

20. Keitsumah

Duck!
    the nun-chuck whipped just over my nose as i leaned back like a reed at the waist, my father's voice ringing in my ears. Daakyr screeched and took off, an instinctive order from me sending him diving into the fledgling's face. The boy yelled in alarm and lashed out at the raven, but was too slow as the dark bird took off skyward.
    Bring them to me Daakyr. Bring Heart-Render! i called to him mentally, and i felt his compliance as i focused again on the boy in front of me. He was smiling as he rubbed at the scratches on his face -thinking that he could beat me with his long-reaching weapon whilst i only had a dagger.
    We'll see about that! feeling my eyes begin to darken and glow bright red at the corners, i focused on his mind. he flinched as he felt my rage-filled thoughts graze him, and his eyes widened in terror as he realized what kind of vampyre he had challenged.
    "Crimson scream!" i shreiked, sending a bolt of sound towards his skull resembling the screech of iron over stone.

21. Alukard

Alukard New Member

Avin watches the fledgling approach him, a haughty grin was laying on his face, while Avin stared with the usual stone gaze.

The enemy reached with a flying fist and knocks Avin right in the jaw, it seemed as if he didn't even try and dodge the punch. He lost balance from the blow and almost fell backwards, but he caught himself and raised up still boring his eyes into the enemy, a trickle of blood was sliding down his chin but he showed no sign of pain.

Again the fledgling swung at him, right into the gut, Avin flexed his abs taking a good chunk of the blow but the wind was still knocked out of him, and before he could react, the enemy was already sending a kick towards his legs.

He fell onto the floor and saw a foot straight at his face, bashing his nose in and making blood leak everywhere, but Avin still showed no emotion. He took every blow as if it didn't exist.

The enemy fledgling stared in horror, completely confused as to why this guy wasn't fighting back. Suddenly Avin stood up from the ground, the fledgling facing him about five feet away. Without a second to think he dashed and was thrusting his clawed fingers at the puzzled enemy's shoulder.

22. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Street rumble!

Garan shoots a bullet. Fledgling #2 takes a headshot and keels over. SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Tahra uses Crimson Scream. Fledgling #1 takes 50% damage. He is blinded and deaf, but still wildly lashes his nunchaku. Finish him? or Show mercy?

Avin tries to scratch. Fledgling #3 takes 70% damage, his arm is ripped off. He trips in his own blood. Finish him? or Show mercy?

Princess Calypso confronts Full Vampyre. Water tendrils lash out from his water bubble and try to drag her inside. "Help! Break the water tendrils!", Calypso cries out.

23. Keitsumah

Tahra; Heart-Render Arrives

Tahra! Daakyr's screech of alarm shot through me as i bolted for Calypso, grabbing her hand and yanking at her arm to stop the vampyre form pulling her in, Heart-Render is here!

I gasped as talons hooked into the back of my shirt and pulled me upwards, the massive wings of an osprey pumping maddly in an attempt to snap the water tendril coiled around Calypso. Looks like i made it just in time. his deep voice rattled through me, the hooked tip of his beak clacking almost threateningly close to my ear.
    The thundering and screeching of thousands of birds was not far behind. Heart-render had made it in time!
    Capture the other one! i yelled at a group of young eagles circling in the sky, and they immediately dove for the thrashing figure of the other fledgling to restrain him.
    "Calypso -I won't let you go!" i growled lowly; remembering how my family had died. I would not lose her!
    Looking up into the Full Vamp's eyes, i felt a burning anger rise within me, my eyes began to glow and my fangs lengthened even more -my nails growing into razor claws as i gripped the Princess with greater strength than i had before as the massive osprey behind me pulled -straining against the tendrils' might as more began to converge upon us.
    I felt a grin touch my lips as something snapped within me -maybe my sanity, for i did not know what- but i threw my head back and released a scream powerful enough to shatter the glass windows in the buildings surrounding us, the shock wave travelling in the blink of an eye to the orb of pale blue liquid that was a shield to the enemy.
    Silly Vampyre; water amplifies sound. I giggled to myself as i drew my dagger and slashed at the tendril binding us; the oil i had painted like a protective sheen over the blade parting the water as if it was butter.
    The moment he lets go, hold on tight to me, Calypso! I told her as the wave of sound met the wall of water. Heart-Render Pumped with his wings even more strongly, screeching a battle cry as he raised his head to the shadowy heavens filled with black wings and flashing talons.

24. Alukard

Alukard New Member

Avin's claws met the fleshy shoulder, tearing through the bone and ripping the arm towards the floor in seconds. Blood spewed forth and the enemy fell to the floor, one arm left holding himself. He stared at Avin with shivering eyes.

"Mercy is not something I participate in"
    Avin's cold voice echoed as he kicked the fledglings jaw snapping its neck backwards and the body dashing towards the earth. He noticed one of his allies letting loose a shrill screech, then he saw the full vampire encased in water with tentacles spewing outwards, one wrapped around Calypso.

Avin dashes at a blinding speed towards the full vampire, arm hanging out readying for a pin pointed thrust.

25. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Fight time, k.o.!

Tahra severes Calypso from the water tendrils. She fires Crimson Scream. SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Full Vampyre takes 75% damage. Avin rushes him and strikes out. Direct hit!

All those involved in the fight are rewarded a Power-Up! (Message me your Power-Up suggestions and I will approve. Once approved, please announce your Power-Up in your next post!) For her Cleverness, Tahra is rewarded a Prize: a box engraved, 'In Case of Vampyres' with a sleek wood stake inside. The stake can be used once to automatically defeat an enemy, unless it is mentioned that the enemy is Unstakeable. Tahra will find this Prize waiting for her in the Necropolis throne room!

Vampyre Princess Calypso's new power is Brain Burn, she can heal or erase experiences from a person's memory.

Back to the story...

The Full Vampyre collapsed on the ground, ears bleeding profusely and several cracked ribs from Avin's attack. Calypso approaches him and places a hand on his head and uses Fire Touch. Her palm heats up to a painful temperature; Full Vampyre howls in agony. "I will burn away all your memories and then your actual brain", Calypso said in a low threatening voice, "if you don't spill the beans, you jerk. You will still die, of course, but it will be quick and easy..."

Full Vampyre gulped and spilled the beans. He and his fledglings were working for 'the Master', a mysterious Vampyre who created a small army for the sole purpose of dethroning Hecati and taking her secret weapon. Calypso asked what he knew about Hecati's secret weapon, but all he knew was that the Master wanted it desperately. Calypso tightened her grip and asked if there was anything else. The Full Vampyre spouted that the Master had a partner who called herself a Tsi Sgili (SEE-Jilly). But he didn't know what that was and he didn't have any more information. He didn't even remember where the Vampyre army was located, whenever he tried he got a massive headache and his face screwed up with pain.

Calypso let him go, obviously he was a low-level underling for this Master person. "You know what--Im a little thirsty", Calypso said. Her catlike fangs snapped out and in a flash she was biting the guy's neck. In only a few moments he was drained and Calypso was satisfied. She turns to her companions and says, "Let us make haste, the sun will be rising soon. I'm not in the mood for being burned alive."

"And no, I don't know what my mother's "secret weapon" is", Calypso said in a testy tone. Apparently she was upset that Queen Hecati could keep a secret from her. "But we're about to find out...", she added darkly.