Virus: Biohazard

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Raven, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bick

Bick New Member

"And it just so happens I have something you're looking for too."

My heart raced, and I looked at him, almost suspiciously. What could he have that I was looking for?

"What exactly are you talking about Kale?" I asked, my voice steady but my heart racing.

2. Iulia

Iulia New Member

"You're looking for carriers, right?"

3. Bick

Bick New Member

"You're looking for carriers, right?"

I looked at him, my breathing momentarily stopped.

"You're a carrier of the cure? One in a thousand?" I asked, my voice shaky.

4. Iulia

Iulia New Member

I took a deep breath. She seemed tense, and the last thing I wanted to do was let her down.
    "All I know," I began, "is that seven years ago I was bitten by an infected. And nothing happened."

5. Bick

Bick New Member

I looked at Kale, I wanted to hug him. Was he the answer to this madness? I calmed myself, and pulled out a smile.

"Kale." I finally said. I looked at his daughter, and then at him.

"You have to come with us." I said looking at Roku.

6. Iulia

Iulia New Member

I nodded, took Cathleen's hand and led her along, following Roku and Kim.

7. Bick

Bick New Member

We stopped in front of Kale's home.

"I'll call for the copter to get us." I said, "I don't have much energy left in me. Been quite a while since I've gotten any sleep, and today's been a long day."

I took my phone out, and put it to my ear. I held down one, but it almost instantly went back to it's screen. No signal? I looked at the bars, zero. What the hell was going on?

"I can't get a signal." I said looking at Kale and Roku.

8. thelastblueberry

thelastblueberry New Member

In my imagination. Not always a good thing...
    Charlie stood up and stretched, wondering what was taking the others so long. Aina had fallen asleep again and lay sprawled across the helicopter seats. Charlie looked at her sleeping form, her eyes suddenly dark and serious. After a few minutes she turned away and resumed her usual strange self. She began walking around the helicopter, inspecting it as if she knew what she was doing, then stopped when she heard noise coming from the escape ladder.

"It's aout time you guys came- wow, you're ugly!" She stepped forward to greet eevryone, only to find the gaping mouth of an infected snap a her. She jumped back, reaching for her pistols and pullng them out simultaneously. Aina stirred slightly in her sleep and Charlie moved to stand between her and the monsters.

"I know what you're thinking and it's not gonna happen beasty!" She shot the infected being in the head and watched it fall backwards. She walked forward and looked down the ladder to find two more infected climbing up. She shot both of them and placed her hands triumphanty on her hips. "Come and get me if you can!!" she yelled.

9. Kratos

Kratos New Member

"I can't get a signal."

"No signal?" I yelled. "How the hell are we supposed to get out without a chopper?"

No one answered. They just stared down at the ground.

Why aren't our cells working?

Suddenly I heard a scream from behind me. Infected were pouring through the alleyway behind us -- not exactly a strange occurence here. But these were different. They were screaming...French. They were still sane.

10. Iulia

Iulia New Member

I didn't speak much French, but I sure understood it. What I thought were infected were coming at us quickly, but their ability to speak anything fluently lead me to believe otherwise.
    "What the - " I remembered the child still holding my hand and didn't finish that sentence. Instead I saved my breath and began to shoot.

11. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

I opened my eyes slowly. The world seemed to be spinning. My chest felt as if it had a heavy load on it. My breath was coming in short rasps. I grew frantic. Not now, I wanted to scream, remembering of my Mother's death, I'm not ready to die-not after surviving so long. I opned my mouth to call out for Chalie, but a pain suddenly caught hold of my heart. I screamed, and then blanked out.

(I won't be able to come online till the 20th now, so I'm in coma now, to last that town. You can do whatever you please with my body. one more trouble to add to your list.)

12. thelastblueberry

Charlie looked around and pouted when she saw no more infected beasties within the vicinity. She folded her arms across her chest and began tapping her foot. "Well this is boring." Gun shots rang in the distance and she turned towards the sound, but it was too far away for her to see anything. Then there was silence. Charlie grew impatient and began checking the ammo in her pistols when suddenly Aina began screaming. Charlie jumped around and ran towards her, but she had collapsed back into unconsciousness.

"Aina! Aina do you hear me?" She shook her as gently as she could, but Aina remained silent. "Charlie asked you a question!" she yelled pointlessly. Aina's limp body began sliding off the helicopter seats. Charlie caught her and, with surprising ease, lifted her up and readjusted her on the seats. She quickly did the basics, checked her breathing, pulse rate, etc. Everything seemed normal. There was definitely something wrong. Charlie didn't see any medical facilities nearby and she couldn't risk leaving the safety of the roof while carrying an unconscious woman. She had no choice but to wait for the others to return. She settled herself on the floor of the helicopter by Aina's head. The tune of the strange lullaby floated from Charlie's lips as she began stroking the girl's hair.

13. Iulia

Iulia New Member

(fine, I'll post)
    I kind of felt bad that I was killing people in front of my six year old daughter. Still, it had to be done, if we wanted to live to get back to the helicopter. I really wasn't paying any attention to where we were before, and was just following Kim and Roku back to the building. Cathleen ran as fast as she could to keep up with our fast walking, and I picked her up, still shooting infected. Kim looked disgusted at the smell of death, and I didn't blame her at all. In fact, the entire expirience was pretty wretched.

14. Bick

Bick New Member

I loaded my crossbow, shooting at one that came my way. I quickly reloaded, shooting another. I looked at the mass of them, I had no choice I would have to use my handgun. I hung the crossbow on my belt, it was heavy and awkward but I couldn’t leave it behind as we ran and shot. They were all over. I kept close to Kale, my thoughts on the child. I shot one in the head as it jumped my way, my face showed my distaste as the strong smell of death came. I fell over it’s body as something knocked me over from behind. I screamed and rolled to my side as bared teeth came my way. I shot at the beast in it’s chest three times.

My heart raced as I quickly dashed up. ****. They were everywhere.

“We need to get the hell out of here!” I screamed, as I ran at full speed, many of them on my tail.

15. Iulia

Iulia New Member

She was right. But what were we to do? We were already trying to get out, but the situation was becoming more and more urgent as the infected multiplied. I felt the collar of my shirt tighten as Cathleen clenched her fists. I patted her back and simply ran, now not even making much effort to finish infected off, but simply batting the ones trying to kill me away with my free arm.

16. Bick

Bick New Member

My heart raced as I looked back at the child, I could see the fear in her eyes. I was ahead of everyone else by meters, my energy and quickness coming back to me momentarily. I looked at the building in front of me. No windows just a door. That could save us. I looked at the motorbike next to it, the car on it's side.

I ran to the door at full speed, thrusting the door open. One that came out not in. Good.

"Get inside!" I screamed as Roku and Kale made their way towards me.

They rushed in, "Go as far back as you possibly can." I screamed, worry on my face.

"Hide behind something." They ran back, the beasts seconds from us. I quickly closed the door, the best it could. I heaved the motorbike in front of the door, it had to weigh at least a ton. I kicked it over in front the door as one of the infected jumped on me. I yelled and shook it off shooting it in the head and running around the car as they jumped on it. I shot and ran trying to get to the cars other side. I watched as most of them clawed at the door, and a handful of the others growled my way.

I took my handgun, quickly reloaded my gun. I gulped as they came my way.

I backed off, my back hitting a wall. You better have gas I thought just before I took the shots at the gas tank. I quickly lunged myself behind a mailbox as I heard a loud explosion and the screaming of the beasts. I screamed with them as the mailbox flew back, hitting me. Everything went black.

17. Kratos

Kratos New Member

All hell was breaking lose. Kim collasped on the floor, while me and Kale were trying to hold off the approaching Infected. It just seemed like they kept coming and would never stop. How many of them could there be?

Suddenlt, I pulled my trigger, and nothing happened.

"Damn!" I cursed. I had run out of ammo. I pulled out my bloody katana and tried to cut back the tide of creatures, but I wasn't getting anywhere.

18. Iulia

Iulia New Member

Two for each we killed - they seemed to be multiplying and doing it fast. Kim was unconcious - I felt I had to get to her, or Roku did, to help her, but I didn't know how. Someone would have to watch Cathleen and it'd be hard enough to get to Kim alive. I felt awful when I heard her yelp but I pushed Cathleen into a small corner that was guarded by Roku and dove for Kim. She wasn't heavy, and I asumed a good bit of her weight was her crossbow. Roku still fought diligantly, although it seemed hopeless, and I hoped I didn't throw him off in passing Kim to him. I picked up my daughter and yelled:
    "run!"

19. Kratos

Kratos New Member

"Screw it," I muttered, running as fast as I could, carrying Kim and following Kale. We went out to the deck and climbed up the ladder, the constant screaming of the infected below us. I noticed the chopper above us and I waved my hands and screamed for them to come down. Hopefully they'd get here before the Infected did.

20. thelastblueberry

Charlie was resting her head on the seat by Aina's head when she heard the distant cries of infected. And they were growing louder. Charlie crawled out of the helicopter and walked over to the escape ladder to find herself staring at about a hundred infected chasing the people she had come with earlier. One of them, the asian guy, seemed to be signaling her to come down.

"I'm not coming down there! Are you crazy?" she plled out her pistols from their holsters and spun them around once before pointing both of them straight towards the monsters. "You guys come up here! Charlie will hold them away from the ladder!"

She grinned and began shooting wildly towards the infected. They were just barely within her range, but she could still aim with deadly accuracy. The front row of infected crumpled to the ground, blood flowing from wounds in their head and chest. Some of the infected from behind trpped over their fallen fellows, causing a domino effect. As they struggled to get up, Charlie gave a manic war cry and then continued shooting before the infected could fully recover.

"Hurry up and get your asses up this ladder!" Charlie yelled.

21. Iulia

Iulia New Member

I waited for Roku to get up the first two steps, and then climbed on myself. I didn't know how Roku was even climbing, with Kim still unconsious, I was just glad he was.

22. thelastblueberry

Charlie stopped shooting for a moment to help the asian man with the unconscious woman's body. Charlie pulled her up onto the roof and then quickly reloaded her weapons by dropping the old cartridges and slamming in new ones that were hanging on her belt. She pointed the guns towards the recovered and advancing group of infected and began shooting again.

The helicopter came to life behind her. It seemed the German man who had been sleeping this whole time had woken up and started the engine. Charlie began backing away while still shooting. The infected were almost at the ladder.

23. Iulia

Iulia New Member

The girl with the interesting hair helped Roku up, and the helicopter started. I finished climbing the ladder and breathed a sigh of relief as I looked around to see everyone was safely in. One girl was unconcious besides Kim, however, and looking around, I saw none of us were in excellent shape. I started to laugh.

24. thelastblueberry

Charlie was still shooting at infected when one of the guys started laughing. For some reason the sound made her extremely angry. She turned her head and scowled at him.

"Why are you laughing, dumbass? Does this look funny to you?"

The infected had reached the ladder and were now fighting each other to climb up. Charlie finished off her ammo and then hopped into the helicopter.

"Let's go go gooo!!!!" she yelled while waving her arm and pointing up.

25. Iulia

Iulia New Member

The girl cursed at me and it shocked me, but it didn't kill the relief I felt.
    "Don't you see?" I said, "we're fine! Everything's going to be okay." Really, I felt sorry for her, things could've been bad in the helicopter while we were gone, but I couldn't help feeling completely joyful. She was also tense, I realized - she still thought she was looking for carriers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.