Virus: Biohazard

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Raven, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bick

Bick New Member

They seemed to come around the corner slowly. Slower then they should have been. Their behavior was odd. I quickly grabbed Brock's gun and raised it with mine, read to shoot. They waved their hands at us, as if telling us no. They looked like the infected. They're disgusting odor yelled it, yet they weren't acting the part.

"What in hell?" I asked.

2. Iulia

Iulia New Member

I remained silent and didn't shoot. Something was different - something wasn't right, or it was right, and if it was that had to be wrong.

3. Bick

Bick New Member

Their movements were sudden. Their eyes became like the normal infected. They snarled and ran at us. There was at least 20 of them. I looked at them in shock, and shot. I took a shot from each gun, hitting two in the head. They fell with a thud, and the others just screamed in anger.

"Can they relapse?" I asked through all the noise.

4. Iulia

Iulia New Member

I shook my head.
    "I have no idea," I said. I was hesitant to kill them - they had just acted civil, but now they threatened us with snarling and violence.

5. Bick

Bick New Member

They were feet from us when I started firing again. They snarled angrily and Brock fled back. I shot them in the heads instinctively. They fell down with loud thuds. I tried to move quick, but my body was weak. I could feel it slowly taking over.

Over half where dead by the time the others fled.

"Let's get out of here." I said. We quickened our pace as we headed for the base.

6. Iulia

Iulia New Member

We were in a hurry, but I could tell Roku was tired, and Aina was dizzy. I had never wished I could die more than that very moment, because I had failed. If I died, though, it meant no cure, and that only made things worse for my friends. (If I could call them my friends - I cared for them dearly, but I got the feeling they didn't think so, and only cared about me because I was, after all, the cure.) Anyway, I felt pretty lousy but we kept going anyway. I wondered why the infected were acting that way . . . what their problem could be. The only answers I could come up with were because Roku had been bitten or because I was bleeding so much. It didn't seem to matter then, though, so I put away those thoughts and focused on getting to the base.

7. Bick

Bick New Member

I fell in and out of slumber, my breathing was weak and my body even weaker. Brock gently pet my hair, keeping in the back. He knew I didn't want to be seen this way. I looked at him with my dull eyes. The life in me was being sucked away with every sneeze, cough and breath.

Everyone suddenly stopped. They gasped. I looked behind and knew what the problem was. We quickly hid behind the building, happy none of them had seen us. We were less then a mile from the base, but the large group of infected surrounded the general area. There had to be hundreds. We didn't have the fight in us, nor the ammunition.

I looked at them, and motioned for Brock to put me down. My body screamed as I tried to hold myself up. I swatted away the helping hands, and leaned against the building.

"Aaron, we'll need some more of your explosives." I said. He nodded and handed me the remainder of his explosives. I smiled, enough to blow the entire block.

I looked at the little girl, "Do you happen to have any more of that dynamite?"

8. Iulia

Iulia New Member

Cathleen looked hesitant. I knew there were two sticks in the safe, and she took the other from her second pocket. She handed it to Kim willingly. Then she brushed the hair from Kim's forhead and kissed her.
    "I love you, Kim." She said softly, "please be okay." I watched the dynamite fizz and Aaron's explosives erupt. Something in me said nothing was worth what we were doing, but as always, I didn't say a word.

9. Bick

Bick New Member

I smiled and patted the little girl on the head. I took the dynamite, and taped it to the C4. I quickly lit the dynamite, and tossed it into the group of the infected. I gasped for air as the push of the explosion fatigued my body. I could feel my weakened heart give out. I fell to the ground, gasping for air. I closed my eyes and concentrated on breathing. I could feel Brock pick me up, and I heard the mutter of voices. I could hear what was being said.

10. Iulia

Iulia New Member

Cathleen took my trembling hand and I stopped shaking when I realized I was.
    "It'll be okay, daddy." She whispered. I wasn't so sure. Aina was speaking a language I didn't even recognize, and Roku cursed under his breath. Aaron remained silent, and I followed his example.

11. Bick

Bick New Member

"It'll be okay, daddy." I heard the voice of an angel say. I laughed weakly.

"You've got a cute kid there Kale, you take care of her." my voice faded and I coughed. More blood came out, and I yelled out in pain. I looked up at Brock. It had to end. I motioned for him to take me to help me look over at the infected. My eyes filled with sorrow as I noticed there were still at least a hundred left.

I motioned for him to bring me back and I looked at them all.

"Kale, this wasn't your fault." I said, my voice was giving out on me. Everything I said came at barely a whisper. My chest heaved with every breath, death was near, "This was fate, god... if you believe in him. He didn't want you to find her so I would know this was my time. My time to sacrifice. If I didn't do what I'm about to do, you might die out there fighting them to the base. Man needs you." I coughed heavily and stopped talking instantly. I looked at the little girl. I took her hand, and mouthed "I love you too." to her. I gently patted her hand.

12. Iulia

Iulia New Member

-deleted- will repost once Bick is done dying.

13. Bick

Bick New Member

((HAHA, that's funny.))

I waved at them and told them to stand back. I took out the C4, and held it tight to my chest. My every step seemed to echo in my head. My weak body seemed to float from the strain but I continued forward.

The infected began to create a circle around me, and I took out my lighter and waited until they were only feet from me. A few of them lunged at me, scratching me with their hands and sinking their teeth into my flesh. I couldn't feel it as my body gave out. I fell with them all over me. I looked one last time at the blue sky with a smile, and turned my lighter on. I didn't even feel the explosion.

14. Iulia

Iulia New Member

Epilouge

My dad never stopped blaming himself for Kim's death, and I never stopped loving her and remembering her fondly. The rest of us got to the base, and many infected were cured after countless tests. Roku, even though he'd never get over losing his arm and his friend, eventually got over the annitial shock and went on with his life. Aina was restored to health, and took it on as her life goal to find Charlie. Brock was devastated, but he excepted the facts and returned to Germany. Aaron, the last I heard, stayed at the base researching, and as for dad and I, we finally went back to Wester Ross, which was all he ever wanted, really. What keeps a person for going insane is not that nothing bad can happen to them, it's that something bad can, will, and does happen, and they learn to have peace anyway.
    -Cathleen Motgomery, May 14, 2023

End

15. Kratos

Kratos New Member

Alright, well that was pretty fun. I'm not sure, but I might be making an RPG soon, after I work some stuff out.

Goodbye Roku, you were cool to write for. *sniffs*

16. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

Great story guys. :) Nicely done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.