1. Daydream

Daydream Contributor Contributor

Vivid dreams.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Daydream, Jun 28, 2011.

Anyone have vivid dreams regularly? For some reason I've been having them more than usual. Really weird, sometimes unsettling yet fantastic dreams.

Last night I dreamt about walking on water. In the background there lay a dark futuristic city with a blood red and purple sunset behind it. Suddenly others appeared around me who could also walk on water. They all turned around and stared straight at me with icey blue eyes, which as soon as the sun set, changed to a deep purple. Unanimously they all extended their arms out to me and called to me to join them. I pretty much woke as I looked one of them straight into its purple eyes...

Kinda cool dream but slightly disturbing lol!

So anyway wanted to make a thread where we could discuss our strange dreams :D So whats been your strangest dream lately?!

2. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

Interesting.

I always have weird dreams, and they're almost always very long (seemingly) and far more detailed than I would like. Most recently trying to escape balls of fire falling from the sky with my dogs and two kids while they hit houses and my neighbors. People screaming and running, watching them come down through the clouds (it was night time). Trying to predict where they were going to land. Watching a HUGE one land in the lake across the street and all the water instantly boiling and flying out everywhere like molten rain. When it was all over most of us had made it. There were a lot of injuries, but surprisingly few deaths. Mine and two of my neighbors houses survived and we were starting to try to put the fires out in the others when I woke up. I suppose that would be a meteor shower or something? And, I swear, I hadn't watched any apocalypse stuff. I NEVER watch that stuff.

3. cruciFICTION

cruciFICTION Contributor Contributor

This morning, actually.
    It was Christmas. I was on Facebook. I was reading posts by my friend Cesar (from Colombia) about him being in different places around the world. They were, like, check-in posts (as in, "Cesar *LAST NAME!* is at <place>").
    Then I was talking to my Dad in the kitchen, and he was pretty much accusing me of having a bad year, like, "You never have any friends over. blah blah blah" and then I was yelling at him, I called him *C-BOMB!*, and ran at him and head butted him.

I felt really bad when I woke up, so I laid in bed until I wasn't really thinking about it, just in case Dad could sense that I'd been thinking/dreaming about head butting him.

I have really vivid dreams every now and then. I had a similar dream a couple of days in a row, where I was in a car, on the highway (someone else was driving), and we looked out the front windscreen to just, you know, see this car floating along. It seemed really normal. What wasn't normal was that it kind of just floated into the trees near the highway, and we were like, "Where is the person who was driving that car?"

4. arron89

arron89 Banned

I have really vivid but extremely mundane dreams. This morning, I dreamt that I had a packet of Toffee Pops (biscuits) in bed. I was confused, they were delicious. Then I woke up. Another time, I dreamt I was at work, just serving customers at a till. All. Night. Long.

Needless to say, I'm very jealous of people with awesome, crazy dreams.

5. Daydream

Doesn't beat when I dreamt of rocks for an entire night...Always when I'm ill I have really screwed up and repetitive dreams. I actually felt suicidal after that dream lol. Pretty sure I snapped at everyone that day.

6. CottonCandi

CottonCandi Active Member

Funny you should ask this, I had a very vivid dream last night. I was murdered. It was on a beach somewhere. It was so weird because I could hear and see everything the police did right down to the helicopter news team flying overhead. When they removed my body they found a message I had written in the sand. It said, white male-26.

Talk about spooky. lol

7. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I'll trade you. I have vivid nightmares almost every night. It effing sucks.

And when I'm not having nightmares, I totally have the vivid mundane dreams. Usually I'm at practice. Skating in a circle. Over and over. I always fall asleep (in the dream) and don't finish the drill, then get in trouble and have to do it again.

8. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

Recently I had a really weird dream. It was rather vivid in some parts too.

I was visiting these people in some country. They looked sorta asian only I think this place was more of a fantasy setting. I dunno. Anyways they were poor and would collect dead bodies from battle fields or bodies left behind by raiders and stuff. Anyways they would take these dead bodies and do something and use what they could and make what is known as the best chocolate cake ever.

What I remember most was me deciding whether or not it be Ok for me to eat some of that cake. I mean I knew it had human in it and yet I wanted to so badly taste this legendary cake. That feeling as to whether or not I could live with myself was just so damn vivid. :(

In the end I didn't get any cake because I woke up. But even after I woke up I still was deciding as to whether or not I wanted some. :(

Oh I can still easily remember one dream I had about my ex girlfriend... and sad to say it wasn't one of those dreams.

I had discovered that there was this portal in my back yard. I went through it and... well I think I sidetracked into this tower thing and talked to some of my teachers or something.

Anyways this Portal allowed me to go from my own house to my Girlfriends. Which she lived a few states away. Anyways my best friend had also moved to this place(in the dream anyways. But that was more or less how I met my first GF) and we convinced his parents that it be alright if I stayed their and went to school.

Now I was living with my best friend, was living impossibly close to my GF and would be going to school with her and everything was just perfect.

First day of School my GF gives me the cold shoulder. She barely talked to me aside from a few words. It was devestating. I remember I was sitting behind her and I started to rub her neck or something and she just turned around and told me to stop. I couldn't believe it.

When she later came to have me sign up for something I just crumpled the sign up list and chucked it into the garbage. I got some laughs but I wasn't doing it to be funny. I was just pissed and upset.

She later told me that she was dating this asshole of a boyfriend... another boyfriend I guess. He wanted an open relationship of sorts I guess. Only the boyfriend would have it out for anyone who dated her. She wanted to break up but she feared him. Basicly it turned out that he just wanted to be with her and any other chick at the same time.

Afterwards I felt better... well atleast about knowing she wants to be with me but can't.

Oh and later in the dream I discovered that this Boyfriend of hers was running for class president and for some reason this was a bad idea. Never found out why as I woke up soon after that.

But that is probably my most vivid dream I can remember and I think I had that one over a year ago so that's saying something. lol

Well I got a few more but they are mostly just brief images and or 'video clips' as I call them.

9. art

art Contributor Contributor

The only consistently recurring dream I've had through my life: of having some academic exam ahead of me and of having done absolutely no work let alone revision for it. Mildly terrifying in its own way but delightful to wake up and realise you don't have to sit a maths exam in a few hours.

10. EdFromNY

EdFromNY Hope to improve with age Supporter Contributor

The most vivid and terrifying dream I ever had was about 35 years ago. I dreamed that someone came up to me, shoved a pistol into my stomach and pulled the trigger. I woke up just as the gun went off.

Even after I stopped sweating and my heartbeat returned to normal, I couldn't get back to sleep.

11. Daydream

Dreams where you get shot are really strange lol. You get a really warm feeling in the area you got shot in, which after you die and wake up still stay warm for a while lol!

And no I didnt piss myself :p

I had a strange dream last night again. I had super powers. I was pretty much a superhuman. I couldn't do anything special just everything that a normal human could do I could do better. The entire dream I was on the run from everyone lol. These soldiers in black uniforms and masks kept trying to capture me! Was actually really cool ^^

12. mail3diplo

mail3diplo New Member

Anyone interested in dreams should look up Lucid Dreaming. Good stuff.

13. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I don't dream every night, but on the rare nights I do, it's really vivid and weird. I had a dream where me and my friends killed a ghost with jellybean guns. :confused:

14. mail3diplo

mail3diplo New Member

This, is a common misconception. EVERYBODY, dreams every night. You just don't remember them. We aren't wired to remember them but it is possible with practice. Trust me, you dream every night. On the rare occassion you remember, it is probably because it is vivid like you stated or it is because you woke right after the dream ended.

15. Sundae

Sundae New Member

I've had all kinds of dream. Vivid dreams, lucid dreams, paralyzing dreams, ones I can't remember, recurring ones.

Funnily enough, I don't dream when I write. I guess all my imagination etc., is put into my writing that I either don't dream or dream and don't remember that I dreamed. But if I go two days without writing, I have some of the most vivid dreams.

I've had the apocalypse dreams where are among the most vivid ones I've ever had. Cracked asphalt, bright orange lava, volcanoes, ashes - it was so vivid, I actually wrote the entire dream down once I woke up.

I've had the flying dreams, the falling dreams. Most of those were when I was younger... but as I've grown older, they've changed. Like the falling dream - when I was younger... I'd always wake up right before I hit the surface of whatever, but now, I actually don't wake up but instead am diving in the ocean and swimming or am actually flying. The swimming dream so far has been the most thrilling and freeing dream I've ever had.

I've had the fighting dreams where I'm seem to have superpowers... so I was jumping from rooftop to rooftop effortlessly, had super fighting skills.

I've had a few recurring dreams. Ones that I had when I was younger, I no longer get. But I have two that just recently started in the past three years or so... one is dealing with school and I pretty much know why I get that one. And another I still don't fully understand, but it's a bit unsettling.

And then, there are a few that are down right disturbing that just creep me out.

My dreams are very susceptible too. I notice that I'm heavily influenced by things before bed now. I think one of the most disturbing dream I've ever had came after reading American Psycho before bed. It was pretty bad.

Lucid dreams are weird, where you're mind is conscious that you're dreaming and therefor have the ability to influence the dreams - make decision, pick if you want to go left or right etc.

The only types of dreams I've never had are nightmares. I mean, I've had scary, disturbing dreams... but I wouldn't classify them as nightmares.

16. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

The part where you're influenced by things that happen before you go to bed? That's my favorite thing :D I learned that a long time ago and discovered I can MAKE myself dream certain things if I want. Just lay in bed, kinda meditate- like focus on your breathing, relax your muscles, and get an image in your head, like waterfalls with a unicorn in them... pretty soon you'll be able to dictate where you are in your dreams when you feel like it. Can't predict what will happen, but can make some things happen. SO COOL and SO FUN :D (and I know yall think I'm crazy, but try it, you'll see. Been doing it since I was 14. Whenever I needed a break from nightmares I couldn't control)

17. Gigi_GNR

Yeah, you're right. I should've said, the nights I remember dreaming.

18. Daydream

Eww nightmares :( My worst nightmare is probably the one where I'm being chased by a cloaked evil cackling old women down an endless flight of stairs. Joy....

19. Marranda

Marranda New Member

I had a dream that recurred 3 times from between ages 4 and 15 and it was of me (when I was 4- and each time I had the dream I was always 4), walking my dog Gigi on a pink collar through a deserted circus looking for my Uncle.
    He was my favorite person next to my Dad and I was terrified because I couldn't find him and he should have been there waiting for me. I came upon a round circus tent- tri-colored and filthy looking- that had those little Quarter rides in front of it.
    You know the ones where they usually are for small children and once you feed the base twentyfive cents it gyrates for about 30 seconds? Well there were two of them, and one had a Donald Duck on it.
    I was tired of walking my dog and thought to tie her to the Donald Duck machine when the clown from "It" walked out from the shadows behind the machines and told me to give my dog to him. I would shout "NO!" in my highest most shrill scream possible, and turn to run away.
    Every time I had the dream the ending was different. That first time, I just kept running until I woke up, never finding my uncle. When my uncle died (when I was 7), I had the dream again except before I could scream at the clown, my dog would appear next to It's side with her leash in his hand, still never finding my Uncle. The third time I had the dream was sometime in high school, and it ended with me punching the clown in the gut and slamming my elbow as hard as possible into his face.

I rarely have nightmares, but when I do, they are doozies. Otherwise, I usually dream I'm a Hero of sorts trying to find someone or prevent some devestating event from happening. My husband says it's my brains way of having absolute control because my life is normally so chaotic.

20. Ubrechor

Ubrechor Active Member

Only a week or so ago, I had a dream that involved (among other things) having to come into school because my I.T. teacher had extra work for me to do. It was a nice feeling when I woke up; it was the start of the summer holidays and no I.T. teachers were coming to get me. I drifted slowly back off....

And was woken up an hour later by Mum saying that she had just got off the phone with my I.T. teacher who had been talking about extra work I need to do. >.< I hate it when stuff like that happens.

21. Gigi_GNR

I only remember my dreams when they're really weird or strange. :confused:

22. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

Same. And I usually dream about work because it's where I spend most of my time and where most of my friends are because I moved to Brighton (where I live now) about three years ago and didn't know anyone except my dad and step-mum so all my friends are from work. I digress.

So most vivid dream I can remember is that I was in the office but it was really futuristic with big glass monitors and things and for some reason I went out to buy a coat on my break from a friend who worked in a shop on a steep hill. I was in there for ages trying on coats until she told me that because it was now snowing I wasn't allowed to buy one. I walked back to the office grumbling about it and stole a scarf from a passer by to wear instead. When I got back into the office Niall and Laura were sat in the reception, which didn't look like our actual office reception, drinking tea on two big red sofas. I went over to talk to them but was distracted because of an angry mob outside. I asked them what was happening and they said they didn't know and didn't look like they cared. Then the mob smashed through the reception on a tank and said they were going to destroy the company because they found out we were offering replacement appliances that were second hand and not brand new (it's a warranty/insurance company for domestic appliances like washing machines). I freaked out as they tried to break into the next part of the building but Niall and Laura kept drinking tea. Laura observed some of the mob were quite handsome and Niall wondered if any would take their shirts off. When I asked why they were still drinking tea they said they were on a break and then I woke up.

Oh, and the other night for some reason I dreamt my old neighbourhood and house where I grew up were on fire and my older brother was trapped in the house but for some reason I couldn't get past the garage block and then I woke up and was really upset but I just curled up and told myself it wasn't real.

23. Gigi_GNR

I dreamt I was in this combination Catholic school/wedding dress store/airport shopping for a wedding dress after school and flying to California to meet my husband-to-be. :confused:

24. Daydream

Woah Nightshade! Long time no see :p

Last night I dreamt that I was trapped in an underground shopping centre full of random things including weapons. I was trapped with a bunch of friends and some random military dudes to fight of an endless wave of gun wielding gorillas! Clearly motivated by me reading Hell Island by Mathew Reilly... xD

25. Vespers

Vespers New Member

Every single dream I have, which is every night, is ALWAYS something relating to medieval times or sci-fi, always involving massive grotesquely realistic fighting and war. I often gouge eyes out, sever heads, stab people through the neck, use large fire-arms, etc. Perhaps it has to do with my being a Ninjutsu instructor.