War on Kalicas Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by naturemage, Mar 20, 2012.

1. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

I used Stan for some character development, but he's still an NPC, so don't be afraid to borrow him as much as you like. As for Amira, she's being very antisocial right now. If anyone goes inside the trasporter, you'll find her sitting at a workbench dismantling the railgun and probably murmuring mathematical equations and computer code to herself (cuz she's weird like that).

The transporter is basically a big garage-on-wheels. The back door opens like a ramp for robos or vehicles to drive inside. (Think of a moving van or semi truck, only MUCH bigger.) There would be workbenches and tools in there, as well as spare parts and extra ammunition for Lilith's gun. There's room at the back to park a large robo, but since Lilith is outside at the moment, that frees up room for everyone to get inside, out of the rain. The front part of the truck is split into two levels. A few stairs lead up to the driver area, or down to a sleeper cabin where there's a small bunk and a washroom. Stan might suggest bringing Tyri down there and lay him on the bed.

2. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

I hope my last post is okay with you anony just send give me a shout if its not.

3. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

I don't have anything for Melody to say at the moment.

4. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

i dont think theres much going on tbh, just waiting for tyri to wake realy

5. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Well, LtW had a transition planned. Seeing as everyone has pretty much taken care of things, go ahead LtW. I'll catch the other group up, and I'm just going to grab Question and Cyberdark's characters temporarily and bring them with Risa and Davis. Both players have told me they are still interested in the game, so I won't take their characters as NPCs yet.

6. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Okay, I finished up the Koros group (Shamus, Davis, and Risa). I know Damien was in the town, but seeing as he disappeared, I didn't want to take control of him and just make him pop up.

LtW can do the transition, and I am thinking the two groups meet up at the border in the morning. There could be some combat involved, which would make things really interesting. So, we'll wait on LtW (her transition is really good), and then we'll start fresh with the next morning.

7. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

LtW, when you transition to the morning can you leave Jaxx outside in the camp rather than the truck? If you have already written that in then dont worry - it's just he doesn't trust the group yet, and still sees everyone as a threat.

8. AnonyMouse

Also, Amira would probably be working through most of the night. She does science-y stuff to take her mind off of things, and is implementing the plans Darrius gave her. (Hint: it won't be a laser sword.) When/if she does go to sleep it'd probably be in a strange place, most likely in her robo or at a workbench (since Tyri's sleeping in her bunk anyway).

9. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

Just tell me what ya will be building an i could edit my post if ya like, lazer sword was the first thing that came to mind :p.

10. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

@ naturemage: Was the forced control of our characters intended (to move the plot)? If not, Davis wouldn't simply hop aboard a Zin vessel.

11. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

@ naturemage Wouldnt combat be pretty much impossible for us to write too, at the moment we have 3 bots on either side,

the exosuit, the zin, and the armadillo on one side and a long range bot(amiras), a panther gnarl, and a self build medieval on the other.

the only way to do it would be to pair the bots off and then the two people who are fighting use pms to write the posts together, sort of like what me and celestial did for our fight.

even if we did that though we would be sort of out classed on Tyri's side as you have a zin bot and a hevily armored bot both of which my gnarl and melody's medieval couldn't fight easily as we are both melee. Amiras cannon would be of good use against them but its so strong that we couldn't write a direct hit as it would cause too much damage to the robos. As for the exo suit we cant really damage the suit without damaging the pilot.

if your set on a fight it may be best to pair Amiras bot with The Armadillo as their size matches up well and both have a good chance to damage each other.

Melody's bot with the exo suit, if melody can close distance fast it would be an even fight.

My bot with the Zin. As both are Gnarl bots should match up fairly evenly. In the char post the zin gave no extra movement speed or strengh but more capabilities, matched up with shadow and a few of Darrius's black ops tricks should work out even.

with those pairings we should be able to write the combat scenes without going out of character to make it work, just an idea.

12. AnonyMouse

I don't think he meant we'd be fighting each other. Amira and Melody are neutral. Darrius has severed all ties with the Kylian military. And Jaxx doesn't have a robo. Terra is Kylian, so she has no reason to fire on Koros bots. And most of the Koros guys are rogue (Risa and Davis), have abandoned their post (Samus), or are just civilians caught up in the whirlwind (Damien).

I can't think of a reason for us to fight one another other than self defense or a very bad misundersanding.

BTW, in response to your previous question, there's no need to edit. Amira's using Darrius's blueprints, but it's not going to be a laser sword. The concept is the same, but she's implementing his designs in a slightly different way... ;)

13. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

Yh i was just confused is all as there arnt many reasons for anyone else to fight the group as the kylas military know about us and arnt worried any more, and we would have soldiers from both sides in the group so they would be unlikely to attack us either. No worries about the blueprints :p ive got something il have been working on through the night once people post a couple more times il post my night/morning post.

14. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Okay everyone, let's try to get this game back and running. I know we have been a bit slow lately (actually, most of the RPGs have been), but lets get this going again! We can turn this into a great RPG.

15. CheddarCheese

CheddarCheese New Member

Yeah. There's just one problem for Davis: his main incentive is gone now. With Cyberdark completely (and probably permanently) AWOL, both Braggas whom Davis had been in dispute with are gone.

Any ideas?

16. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Hm... well, Cyberdark hadn't really developed the elder Bragga much. I could work with him. As for Damien, you had gotten a bit of info out of him, and he sort of disappeared. Rina made it pretty clear that the Black Knights were after her, so that could be incentive for Davis to go with her.

17. SpitFyre

SpitFyre Member

i want to continue with this rpg i just dont have a clue what to say at the moment.

18. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

don't worry, I'm sure some of the other players will get involved.

19. AnonyMouse

I'm working on one now. I was waiting on naturemage to post. He posted yesterday evening, so I told myself "I'll get one up in the morning." When I woke up, my internet was out. :(

But I'm back now. Should have a post up within the hour.

20. Fan7asticMrFox

Nice posts guys, looking forward to posting my reaction. Just added a piece to the orb of pyritus game and it's a bit late here in the UK now, so I will post Jaxx's next move tomorrow evening!

21. Fan7asticMrFox

Apologies, I did say I would post and I know some of you would like to carry the camp site scene on, but my exam prep has gone into overdrive at the moment. Luckily my last one is on thursday so I will get something up then.

Fox

22. Fan7asticMrFox

Posted. Whoever posts first get's to be the one to strike Jaxx in the head! If that's what you want to do :D

Sorry for the triple post!

23. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

It's cool. The games have slowed a bit lately due to finals and such. I'm sure once school is out, everything will pick back up. Until then, just keep posting when you can everybody!

24. AnonyMouse

Nice post, Fox.

Someone else will have to rise to the challenge. Amira isn't fond of smacking kids... even kids with guns, LOL. (I'm just saying this in case anyone's waiting on me. She probably won't be the one to take him down.) But it seems right up Darrius's alley. Has anyone seen SpitFyre around? Or Celestial?

25. naturemage

naturemage Active Member

Hard to say... It seems all of the RPGs have slowed down lately. I'm sure everyone is busy. I myself haven't had too much time, and those of us with time are waiting on the "vanishers."