1. the_evil_ted

the_evil_ted New Member

Wassup

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by the_evil_ted, Dec 7, 2014.

Hello fellow scribes.

I have wandered into this forum as my cup has run dry, for the past six months I have only been able to scribble notes on three different projects. None of them being the second draft manuscript that I promised my self to self publish earlier this year.

I am the proverbial rudderless boat, somewhere off the coast of Skull Island. Looking for like minded folks who understand that writing is [expletive] awesome. Failing that, I'd settle someone who doesn't look at me like I've just admitted to watching children's television wearing nothing but a yoghurt stained bib and a Native American headdress.

All a bit sour? Maybe, but writing two aimless paragraphs already has be grinning like a mad man. A mad man sat in front of his computer wearing nothing but a yoghurt stained bib and a Native American headdress....

So how is everyone around here? For me it's 21.27 on a Sunday evening and I'm not looking forward to hitting the sack and getting up for my nerve grating day job.

Ted

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Ted upon Swansea, good day to you! :)

In my slice of the world it's 17:33 hours. I'm the Caribbean, with all the fecund lushness this implies. My windows give on to a view of nature, ever pregnant, ever giving birth, ever suckling her verdant young.

Glad you found us, hope you stick around and find some useful chat. Here's a copy of out New Member Quick Start to get you started. ;)

Wrey

3. the_evil_ted

the_evil_ted New Member

Not to blow smoke up your posteriors but that's probably the only forum rules I've [mildly] enjoyed reading.

Thanks for the welcome Wrey, seems that your view trumps mine. I have a fenced off heap of earth laden with stacked scaffold, palettes of bricks, ever tempting the local thieves and children inside; while providing onlookers such as myself - aspiring Jeff Jefferies you - with much entertainment.

I see by your avatar your a fan of scrivener? I've bought it twice, having a pc and a macbook... it's quite, quite awesome. I use that and the 1200 by 800 white board in my study to plot my ever increasing piles of unfinished work.

Anyway, I digress. I look forward to reading and critiquing over the coming weeks, as well as meeting those who wish to be met and not feeling hurt by those who avoid me like the plague.

Ted

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Yes, I'm quite the Scrivener zealot. :) The logo's conversion into a Ganesh was curtesy of another member, @Jack Asher. He knew of my love for both and was the one to see the hidden elephant heads that were possible in the original logo.

5. the_evil_ted

the_evil_ted New Member

That is incredibly clever. Kudos to both you and @Jack Asher.

6. Shamgar81

Shamgar81 Member

Welcome to the forum Ted:)

7. the_evil_ted

the_evil_ted New Member

Thank you kindly sir

8. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.

9. the_evil_ted

the_evil_ted New Member

:)