1. sub rosa

sub rosa New Member

Waving Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sub rosa, Nov 1, 2013.

Dear fellow writers,

It's very nice to be here and I look forward to learning and sharing with others. This seems like a polite and knowledgeable bunch of people.

As for myself, I have been writing since I was a child. My previous writings have primarily been poetry and historical documentation. For the past year, I have been specifically focused on studying the style and structural intricacies of novel writing. I have not yet produced a finished novel, but am purposefully taking my time with the process as I know I am not yet ready for the actual writing of it - and I enjoy being wrapped-up in the labyrinth that is history, research, structuring and savoring all the brain goodies that are by-products of such mental meanderings. My writing life seems to be a constant balancing act between expanding and reining in!

Writing has always been a necessary and cathartic act for me. Due to the nature of my personal history, writing is the one safe place in my life which holds up a sort of "mirror" so that I know I am here and heard (if only by myself). It also brings many surprises. My daily life revolves around writing, reading, and education on the art form.

I am not sure if this was a decent introduction, or not. I don't usually join forums, am a recluse and terribly shy/socially awkward. But I do look forward to "meeting" you all and thank you for having me here.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

It's a very nice introduction, actually. Welcome to the forum.

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :)

Please have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start.

Have fun! :D

Wrey

4. sub rosa

sub rosa New Member

Thank you GingerCoffee and Wreybies for the kind welcome.