1. badgirl-250

badgirl-250 New Member

Weapon

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by badgirl-250, Sep 9, 2007.

I'm working on a novel, and so far my plot has been off. My story begins with a regular school girl who learns that she's part of this war, and she's the ultimate weapon. However, I don't have a clue why there is a war or ect. That's my major plot so hopefully you guys will be able to help! If you guys have any questions or ideas, pleez message me! :)

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Eeek, that's a big question. Okay, I'm afraid you're going to be more specific. What do you know about the story? For example, what genre? Fantasy, I'm guessing? And who is the war between? What kind of a weapon is she?

3. niko1234

niko1234 New Member

Is it set on earth or in a fantasy world? If its set on earth then maybe she has some kind of biological weapon laying dormant inside her? And the war could be against the middle east, thats a hot topic at the moment that hasn't been touched upon very much recently. If its in a fantasy world then you can do what the hell you want :)

4. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Ok...
    For something like this you need to do some research.
    I would recommend anime, cartoons and comics. The Japanese and fans have thousands of works where a young person is either weapon, the chosen one, the reincarnation of the greatest warrior ever, or for some reason the ultimate weapon just likes her.
    Sailor Moon (get the Japanese version and possibly the movies, the Westernized stuff is really watered down) , Escaflowne (anyone of the three versions manga (book), series, or movie), X, to a lesser extent Neon Genesis Evangelion, and a lot of others I can't recall off the top of my head.
    They all deal with war, young people thrown into it, and ultimate weapons/warriors.

5. badgirl-250

badgirl-250 New Member

First off, thanks for the help, I appreciate it, and two I was trying to head for a Fantasy/Romance/Adventure story like most anime/manga. The story sets off with a regular school girl. She was created to help fight in a war by scientists. To protect her, 12 others were created. Each person was assigned an area they have to guard, along with a unique power. The girl's job is to go to the 7 guarded places (i know there's 12 people in all, but they work in this court thingy, and help her along/watch over her), and mark them (I'm working on how she marks them too). When all 7 places are marked, together they will create a shield to protect the humans, while the girl destroys the bad guys. The problem is: why is there a war in the first place, and what do the humans have to do with it. If any of you are really interested in my story, I could e-mail you a copy of my beginning, and you guys are more than welcomed to offer me any possible ideas! Thanx

6. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Humans aren't important in the war. We just happen to be in the way.
    The warring sides have to cross human lands to reach each other. So they fight the majority of battles amongst human cities and areas. Humans don't like this. But whenever they try to stop these invasions the warring sides turn on them.

As for why they're fighting, no one really knows. Whenever they capture a live one, it just blathers on about ancient blood wars, prophecies and Gods.

How does that sound?

7. badgirl-250

badgirl-250 New Member

Not too shabby! lol! I really like your thought pattern, and I think I might use parts of it, but I need something a bit more specific. Something that will help the girl fight for you know? But thanks for the advice! I will definitely use your advice in some part of the book! Thanx!

8. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

The girl fights because she has seen the fiery ruins, heard the screams for help, and pulled horribly burned children out of the remains of the capital city, after the warring sides decided to fight a pitch battle in the skies (or sea) around it. When the humans tried to defend their capital, they had sophisticated Hell Bombs used against them. The enemies didn't even seem to care what they hit, as long as it was human, so the entire city burned.

I'm glad you like my ideas. Feel free to use as much or as little as you like.