1. Max Redford

Max Redford New Member

Well, aight, let's get this over with

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Max Redford, Apr 3, 2018.

I was torn between opening with a lame joke or a witty quote. I decided to go with both.

A duck and a chicken walk into a bar with a flying nun* under one wing and a ribeye under another . . . wait, wait, think I messed somethin' up.

Ah! Screw it.

"I'm in a hostile environment. I'm totally unprepared. And I'm surrounded by a bunch of guys who probably want to kick my ass... it's like being back in high school!"

Brownie points to whoever can tell me who said that without Googling it. And I WILL KNOW IF YOU GOOGLED IT!

What can you do with the brownie points? Absolutely nothing. Or maybe anything you want to considering they are an imaginary form of currency. But it's fun to watch people scramble about to earn imaginary things.

How 'my doin here? Is my time up? Can I go sit down now?

*No offense to any nuns who are part of this community, flying or non-flying.

P.S. I only pretend to be a writer on the internet. In real life my charm alone gets me money and chicks.

2. Night Herald

Night Herald The Fool Contributor

Hello there, and welcome. You're a funny guy. Don't go all Goodfellas on me for saying so.

I have no idea where that quote is from, though it is familiar.

ETA: Had to satisfy my curiosity, and ah, of course. That thing. Damn, but it's been a while.

Andrew Alvarez likes this.
  3. Max Redford

Max Redford New Member

[QUOTE="ETA: Had to satisfy my curiosity, and ah, of course. That thing. Damn, but it's been a while."[/QUOTE]

1/2 Brownie Point (BP) for ETA Googling.

That quote is always so fitting for when I join a new community.

4. GiveMeBackMyMagic

GiveMeBackMyMagic Member

SEND ME YOUR DAMN MS LIKE NOW PLZ... I am going to laugh reading your books and I really need a laugh.

Max Redford likes this.
  5. Max Redford

Max Redford New Member

Okay-okay-okay-okay

In the name of all that is full disclosure, I must confess that my humor is merely an illusion, a self-defense mechanism which hides the really, realy, I mean really warped stuff rollin round in my head at any given moment and thus my novels are a therapeutic process. I am on step 8 of a 32 step program that upon completion they will restore my yard time back to three hours a week but only a probational period so as to determine how well my writing has aided in my capacity to play well with others.

With that said, I'm the author of a book, two books actually. One is free. Check the website link in my profile. I'm not comfortable enough nor have I bribed the guards enough for me to safely and openly plug my work, what with this only being my 4th interaction.

On a more serious note . . .
    . . .
    err
    . . .
    Mehaha. Nope. Can't do it.

Thank you all for your patience with this special patient for your patience is appreciated.

6. GiveMeBackMyMagic

GiveMeBackMyMagic Member

Maynneee... I checked out the Look Insides, as you do. I LOVE the voice. From what I can see, I love the crazy genre mashing, the sprawling nature of it. I digs dat. ALAS. I cannot read the full thing because gory horror will not let me sleep at night. And I like sleep.

7. Max Redford

Max Redford New Member

Ah. Yes, the gory horror parts, a guilty pleasure that often worms its way into anything I write. But I do appreciate the time and effort of taking a look.
    Having understood that, here's an interesting fact: I co-author a romantic suspense series with my wife. I eventually got a gruesome murder slipped into that series as well.

It's how I work through my err . . . issues?

8. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    One hell of an intro, and it seems like we may write in a similar space, which makes us competitors, or would if I'd completed my book.

I guess what I'm saying is welcome aboard, and <scary font> I'm coming after you and your readers too.

Seriously though, I'll check the books out, sounds like my kind of thing.

9. Max Redford

Max Redford New Member

Nonsense on the competitors, how bout co-conspirators?

I'd be interested in reading your work. You saying it's similar piques my interest and I don't pique too easily.

Iain Aschendale likes this.
  10. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Once I've got something to show, I'll let you know. Basically, I'm shooting for a noir voice that would sit comfortably next to Christopher Moore, a ways down the shelf from Dirk Gently.

11. Max Redford

Max Redford New Member

@Iain
    Heh. Interesting indeed. Just a few weeks back I began writing a rough sketch featuring one of my secondary character's origins and how he went from a deadbeat wino to an occult detective and then became who he is in my main series. It'll actually be the first noir-style story I've ever written, though I like to think my style naturally leans toward pulpy narratives.

Iain Aschendale likes this.