1. Aire

Aire Banned Sock-Puppet

Well thanks a bunch you.... Vent

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Aire, Oct 16, 2015.

Well I just got fired from my job for being "rude" and "abrasive".

My work is twofold. I was hired by Company A, however, most of my work was done inside the associated offices of Company B.

Now for the amount of time I spend amongst the staff of Company A it probably accounts to 5 hours - TOPS - out of a 44 hour week. So 11% of my time maybe spent amongst staff of Company A.

The people who complained about my "rude" and "abrasive" nature are people of Company A. The thing is, is all reality I am not rude or abrasive - I am direct [comes from my upbringing - very direct / rule driven household - think military-like]. The thing, and which should have been a red sign to me, was that I have little to no tolerance for incompetence.

Unfortunately, 98% of the staff of Company A are incompetent. They literally run around like headless chickens at the last moment trying to get organized for the day before or even on the day that they are supposed to be supplying services to customers. As a friend of my parents said - who has been in the same business for 24 years and VERY successful in it - if Company A didn't take over from the prior company forced to shut down due to fraud claims [the owner of this fraud company is ironically a friend of the owner of Company A] and ended up "sucking up" the clients of fraud company... Company A probably would have crashed & burned in 3 months.

See the number of complaints I get from customers about the other staff - or the poor service - is staggering. Daily. Because I am the "front face" if you would of Company A being as most of our clients are also clients of Company B.

So 89% of my time is done in Company B's offices - with their clients. I can get anywhere from 50 to 200 people a day, can be very hectic, and oftentimes due to the incompetence of my colleagues in Company A I am oftentimes dragged into running around like a headless chicken trying to gather proper client information together.

I mean four times now, in one week, I have had not a single stitch of paperwork on clients that are scheduled for an appointment / meeting ... meaning that I look like a fool picking up the slack of Company A's workers and causing the client undue stress thinking they came down [some drive HOURS - one drove 10 hours, had a hotel even] for absolutely nothing.

I on the other hand, in dealing with customers, am about as "rude" and "abrasive" as a piece of fluff. I go out of my way, I am respectful - I deal with angry customers calmly and with very good manners. In all essences the embodiment of good [exceptional] customer service - and which I have being complimented on many times while working here [including by a bank manager of 32 years, if anyone should have an idea of customer service it'd have been that lady].

Given as I was literally thrown into this role - with garbage training - I think I have done pretty good. Now keep in mind I've only worked this location for 6 weeks - in Company B's offices.

I mean if I was "rude" and "abrasive" why would one of the colleagues I work closely with for a short period who is hired by Company B break down in tears about the other unfairness of my being fired. And another colleague of Company B - Company B's receptionist and whose desk is directly in front of mine [separated by 10 feet] so if anyone would hear me being rude it would be her - basically said fk this, I can't deal with such un-justice and left for home 1/2 hrs. early.

In all truth I think it has nothing to do with my being "rude" and "abrasive" but more than I basically called the Company A's so called IT [the woman is an idiot, barely computer literate - and haughty for having no real credentials] person out for being incompetent [and a liar] the week before. One of Company B's staff actually heard Company A's IT's response to me and she couldn't believe how rude the IT person was.

As it is, my role requires a particular system which is unfortunately connected not with the computer itself but the desktop profile - IT "genius" told me to use my own desktop profile which doesn't have this system connected.

When she tried that on Monday of last week - I did get annoyed [only because we were expecting 134 clients & this is a super fast day, no time to "screw around"] basically saying to the person whose desktop profile I had been using if you didn't give me the new password I was walking out the door. As there was absolutely no way I could handle / help the customers. Particularly as the last time we had to get this program installed on a new hire's desktop profile - we had to contact the software's IT department and it took more than 5 hours to correct.

And the funny thing is, is I learnt from one of my friends in Company B on my way home that Company A is hiring the absolute "last resort" to take over my role... and my role is hectic as anything. It is extreme - there were days when I didn't even have time to take a sip of water, forget lunch.... because this to-be hired person has either so little experience or such bad experience Company A refused to interview them not once but TWICE.

I was laughing all the way home. Particularly as I was thinking of quitting soon - what Company A didn't know is I had a much better job lined up [they are waiting for me to basically give in my notice].

But still, I just needed to vent cause ... well it's annoying. I adored Company B's staff, I loved the clients, and now cause Company A is a sh*t company I get no reference for my work either outside of ROE/pay stubs and I'm not crazy enough to give anyone in the future [the company that hired me didn't need references from them thank god] the name of Company A.

2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Bummer.

3. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

That sucks. :( Suppose there's nothing you can do at this point except move on? Maybe get hammered, you know, kind of like purge all that annoyance out, and then start from a clean slate. Good luck!

Aire likes this.
  4. Aire

Aire Banned Sock-Puppet

Sort of what I did, outside of getting hammered. I don't drink [the smell is actually sort of weird to my nose for some reason]. Went out and went hiking down the back trails of my parents farm - found a spot - and just let it all out. Scared a few birds off.

I knew this was going to happen - a sort of prickling in the back of the mind - after telling the IT person off [whom one of the doctor's staff had, again, overheard and was shocked how rude she was to me] because Company A is really the pits of the pits.

None of the staff are really professional - though Company AA [the fraud company] was forced to shut down... most of the staff for Company A are just move overs from Company AA. So it's not as if much changed between fraud company & new company. Think of when some of the roofing / lawn care places claim "bankruptcy" and then suddenly pop up again with a new name. Similar deal just because of the regulations in owning a business in this field the same owner literally can not own Company A after owning Company AA [they were banned from legally practicing].

However, despite knowing - or at least looking hard for a better job - I'd have preferred to have had the chance to say Fk you to Company A and left them in a lurch... the woman I replaced [working for Company A in Company B's offices] was so maltreated by them she gave them one day's notice and walked out the door. And they wondered 'why' she did that.