Werewolves In Fiction

Discussion in 'Fantasy' started by CSwolery, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I thought that was the vampires...

2. maidahl

maidahl Banned

You guys are so cute.

There are no werewolves in Twilight. Jacob is a werewolf for the entire series of books, but in book four, Breaking Dawn, we find out that he is really a shape-shifter, not a werewolf. He Becomes A Werewolf In New Moon so he was a werewolf the whole time for all the books save the last. But people who say "No He Is NOT A Werewolf In Twilight" are just plain wrong. In Breaking Dawn, We Find Out He Is A Shape Shifter.
    So there used to be werewolves.... in the good old days until book 4 came out and my heart broke because the next book she wrote sucks and now she's writing weird artsy adult shit or something.

That is that about the group of werewolves. Later in Breaking Dawn, Aro mentions, after someone says they are werewolves, that they are really shape-shifters. Their ancestors used to be able to change into a variety of animals, but in time it was made so it was only wolves.

There are no werewolves in Twilight "anymore".

3. Annalise_Azevedo

Annalise_Azevedo Member

I'm not really a fan of Twilight but the werewolves or shifters or whatever they ended up being, I didn't mind. Like if they were a bit stronger and apparently they had less control of themselves then they would be closer to weres. Then they ran a few degrees hotter - which is a common thing for werewolves and shape shifters.

Also they are very fluffy... :D

But my favourite was The Vampire Diaries (series since I didn't read TVD books) based werewolves. They had to chain themselves so that they wouldn't hurt anyone. Then would be forced to turn on a full moon, and the transformation was truly agonising - their bones snapped into place as they took more of a canine shape. After the transformation, they would try to break out of chains and attack vampires. If a werewolf bit a vampire then the vampire would be poisoned and have fevers with hallucinations before dying a painful death unless they have a cure which happens to be the original hybrid's blood then that's a different story altogether.

But then again there's still other good examples like Underworld and Van Hellsing - but I watched those movies as a kid and I pretty much got excited the second blood and gore went off.
    I have a feeling that I was a sadistic little kid...

4. Kekec

Kekec Member

Werewolves shouldn't be oversized wolves, but a kind of symbiotic relationship between wolf and man, most commonly and upright monster that can go on all fours. The werewolf in Van Helsing and William in Underworld are the best versions I've seen.

The thing with Twilight is that they they are just another version of A Game of Thrones direwolves. Also, they transform, clearly ripping up their clothing, and when they revert back, they have bottoms on. The biped werewolf can get rid of that problem, and is much more menacing.

The thing about vampires in Twilight and other modern representations is that they move so fast that it is absolutely ridiculous. Vampires are still physical beings, therefore they can't defy the laws of physics even though they're supernatural beings and don't exist. Vampire hunters are also great additions to this lore, and it is funny when a human, who can't even track their bullet-movement, stakes them in the heart.

5. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

Werewolves and vampires is over do ne. The werewolves should have their own stories without vampires.

6. AlannaHart

AlannaHart Senior Member

LOL