1. CookieCutter

CookieCutter New Member

What Are Some Neat Natural Mutations?

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by CookieCutter, Feb 25, 2019.

I am currently developing a setting where a few of the characters have bodily mutations. I'm not talking about super power mutations (like teleportation, psychokinesis, take your pick), but mutations like claws, scaled skin, cat-like eyes for dark/low light vision, and generally the more natural side of things that just give the person one or more natural advantages. I'm just generally wondering if anyone has any ideas for something like that?

2. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Some forms of color-blindness (not, unfortunately, the type I have) enable people to "see through" camouflage. When their eyes aren't fooled by the greens and browns, the pattern becomes obviously not natural.

Ditto some people are believed to be tetrachromats, which enables them to see colors that aren't there for most people (who are trichromats). They have access to an additional primary color, basically. Some blind people have taught themselves echolocation like bats and dolphins use.

3. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
  4. Kalisto

Kalisto Senior Member

Well, there's cutaneous horn which literally is a person growing a horn. There's a hyper photographic memory. There are some people who are resistant to breaking bones.

Iain Aschendale likes this.
  5. Iain Sparrow

Iain Sparrow Banned Contributor

What about a mutation that would allow a person to retard their metabolism to the point they could hibernate for months?