What Are You Doing?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Carly Berg, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shenanigator

Shenanigator Has the Vocabulary of a Well-Educated Sailor. Contributor

Two of the Forum Daily Five items in one post! Sex and booze. Nice...Although, it's slightly disturbing that your dog provided one of them. At least you didn't get him a hooker...o_O (I can't believe nobody's gone for a Pound Puppy pun.)

Hold up, I see in another one of your posts you racked up another one. So you, on your own, have covered three items of the Forum Daily Five. There should be some kind of medal for that.

2. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

Battling a new friend I've made recently: Mother fucking low blood sugar. Woke up in the middle of a wonderful dream of blondes, bacon and fireworks (Very American dream, I should add), with my heart rate jumping through the roof. Felt weak, dizzy. Like I was still dreaming whilst walking to the kitchen.

I will now eat a piece of chocolate I've been saving for my new buddy to normalize the blood glucose levels.

Also, though it may seem like a bad thing, this is actually good. My doctor will now have to lower the meds I'm on as my body gets better. Woot!

3. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Researching building electrical codes and bathtub electrocution. My guy needs a reversible suicide, and the reversible bit rules out anything that does too much violence to the body. Two added features are that his first death was by electrocution, so he's gonna be really uncomfortable with going through that again, and I want him to be able to make it plausibly an accident, at least to a sympathetic cop/medic investigating things later on.

Damn GCFI edit: GFCI legislation... Could make it an older house, but the laws seem to go back to the early 70s, and the prospect of keeping a building out of code for forty years seems a little dicey.

4. Moon

Got to lunch a tad early, so I'm using said free time to type this out while trying to pronounce some Danish words, as my date has challenged me. So far, the battle of "rødgrød med fløde" seems to be failing. With luck I'll manage to say it correctly before 12 comes around...

Kinzvlle and Cave Troll like this.
  5. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

Me and my dad did a complete rewire of my grandfather's house in around 2005 to upgrade it from the 40 amp service that was installed when the house was built when my dad was a kid. The most disturbing thing was that we found the walls stuffed with old newspapers and Watchtower magazines for insulation and paper wrapped electrical wiring that was apparently salvaged from the old homestead they were replacing. Being a farm in an unorganized county, there was no fire service and no one bothered to check the house for insurance purposes, so it can happen.

6. Iain Aschendale

Telemachus Sneezed
    Yeah, I'm thinking about a dilapidated trailer house. Need to be near-ish to the big city (Los Angeles, tentatively), but the MC is pretty strapped for cash. Don't think trailers tend to have tubs though.

7. Xander17

Xander17 Hermit Archetype Supporter Contributor

Cool story Hansel !

Similar story regarding hunting cats.

I met a tiny recently born malnourished wild kitten at the local tip many months ago, we bonded within minutes and I simply couldn't leave her there over the weekend, but knew there's a huge possiblity I couldn't keep her as the Contessa rules the cottage and she'll constantly interfere in how I take care of future named Spitfire - due to the adorable single spit sound she'd make with her body in defence\attack mode when we rough-housed.

True enough, several weeks later, she just couldn't take it any more due to her conviction it's wrong to have a single cat, you need at least two, so she comes home with a larger cat with eyes that just seemed like there's something askew on the inside. I later learned this look was 'stalking prey mode'.

Not only was it a prolific hunter, bringing home trophies every morning, to the Contessa's overexaggerated dismay, it would also stalk me sometimes and though it would sometimes play with Spitfire as they got to know each other, it also stalked her big time one day and wouldn't relent, intervening just before any physical damage occurred, and thus easily imagining seeing a dead Spitfire on the Contessa's doorstep one morning.

The Contessa gave the cat back to the original owner, and left me and Spitfire alone for a several more weeks. She then bought home Hunter and Longshanks, and I decided it was time for Spitfire to have a new home.

But the crazy stalking cat, finding out that I knew the original owner, a farmer on the outskirts of the village, I visited and learned of the cats heritage. It's mother was a pure wild cat that just arrived one day and made the farm her home. Took a long time before the cat would trust the family. It stayed in the storage barn and killed all the rodents and whatever else wanted to eat the produce. Farmer said the eventual offspring were all prolific hunters. Too bad he never mentioned this to the Contessa in the first place.

That cat sounds exactly the same as the one you described, and more suited to a working farm environment.

8. Xander17

Yesterday's ride was in the arvie. Strong wind, not a fun ride, 55mins, but gla.,,,,,,,,,,,d <---Hunter just came in and as usual, went straight for the keyboard.
    ...but glad I did it; keep to the routine, all exercise on one day, full rest the other.

I recently found a sweet spot for my mobile fone, as that's the only internet connection I can have at home. Fone goes in a zip-lock bag and is placed in the gutter adjacent to my window. I now have enough reception I can actually watch YT vids.

I've tried various positions in and around the corregated iron roof, but the fone has to be close to the vertical wall of the gutter, but if it rains the uneven gutter fills with water, thus not wise to put fone in there, but far better reception in rainy weather.

So today imma try to build a plastic caddy out of an icecream container and glue that to the outside edge of the gutter.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Kinzvlle and Shenanigator like this.
  9. Shenanigator

Shenanigator Has the Vocabulary of a Well-Educated Sailor. Contributor

Not really. My apartment in L.A. was built in the 40's and doesn't have GFCIs, and the only three=prong outlets are the two in the livingroom that were replaced last year. My place is inspected regularly, and passes code inspection because the code is that older buildings only have to change them when they need repair. So it wouldn't be at all uncommon for your MC to live in an older building without GFCIs.

ETA: I should add that, having a healthy respect for electricity, I blowdry my hair at the vanity table in my bedroom. Your MC could easily do himself in because bathrooms are typically so small in L.A..

10. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Not looking forward to driving for about 6 hours...
    Also I don't know what the road is going to be like. :(
    Well at least I won't be alone on the way back. :)

11. Iain Aschendale

Telemachus Sneezed
    Go get 'er, Cave Troll!

12. Moon

Relaxing earlier than usual. Today was mainly a day of phone calls. Lunch date went well and with V day tomorrow I've invited the future girlfriend to dinner.

Gonna think of some kind of dinner after zoning out for a few minutes.

Kinzvlle and Mark Burton like this.
  13. Kinzvlle

Kinzvlle At the bottom of a pit Contributor

I mean if he`s strapped for cash to a large degree living in LA, could be a slum lord situation. I know there`s a few good slum lords in Pittsburgh who keep there property`s far out of code so I imagine LA would have some if not more. The straving artist chasing there dreams with nothing in there pocket would be great prey. City`s do there best to crack down and it is dicy and illegal but especially in bigger citys can`t get to them all and the young and the desperate get stuck. A buddy of mine from the comedy scene rented his first apartment down in Pittsburgh that was practically unliveable when he moved in. Got condemned...after being investigated for discrimination. Apparently he sprayed Chinese apartment shoppers with roach spray. The landlord. If it`s due to poor living conditions and neglect on the landlords part could be even more sympathetic.

Keeping on the cat story theme heard a cat screaming blood murder walking home tonight, and couldn`t find it despite looking. Poor thing, hope`s it`s ok...hate to think what...gah. All of my furbabies were in though so silver lining.

May you and all others with suiters enjoy tomorrow. Just don`t lose your head. ;)

Getting ready to lay down early in bed and watch youtube. Shoveled the bloody snow for hours (ice it was more layers of ice and snow like a lasagna) had to cancel the job coaching meeting but worked on other things was still a productive day. Had a nice visit came home, cleaned, fed the mongrels, and made my own food. Feeling content but very worn out.

Gonna be a long weekend going into a long week then back into a long weekend coming up. Better rest now.

14. Lemie

Lemie Contributor Contributor

I'm recording a Valentine's Day gift for Lost.

I was going to leave it at that - but I wouldn't want anyone to misunderstand what sort of Valentine's gifts are exchanged so I'll add - it's a song.

No, I'm not just giving him ear-torture. He'll get some chocolate when I get there!

Edit 1: Let's go with trying on the above, shall we?
    Edit 2: Giving the fuck up. I guess chocolate on Saturday will have to be enough...

Kinzvlle and Bobby Burrows like this.
  15. Bobby Burrows

Bobby Burrows Banned Contributor

• Planning my next video...

• Involves learning a song
    &
    • Charging my phone/making sure it has enough space (Used iPhones never let me have their cloud access for some reason, so I don't have that).

• Having a shower/change of clothes.

• A deadline of midnight.
    It's valentine's day.

Why?

I wanted to learn this song.
    This song... Unlike Come As You Are, was a song that I hadn't heard throughout the ages, this song upon learning it, beginning last night and getting my head around playing it and singing it, when I finally saw the lyrics, made me need to do it as it hit home pretty fast, so, I'm doing that because it's Valentine's Day.

Kinzvlle likes this.
  16. S A Lee

S A Lee Contributor Contributor

Juggling a mixture of packing for a trip to the bf's family in Devon with dinner and of course some grind time on Monster Hunter. I need to reach 50 to do the sections half of the Collab I want to partake in.

17. Xander17

Well, it's valentine's day (or soon or just past), so I'd put my money on some cat is royally pissed off at some cat's unwanted and aggressive sexual advances.

Speaking of which, before the Contessa started locking down the cats for the night, they'd come into my room to chill out then head back out again.

I only awake if they meow loudly, shove their faces in mine or they rough house. The other night it was rough housing at the end of the bed. I turn on the lamp and am amused to see Longshanks straddling Hunter with his neck fur firmly clasped in his jaws.

Longshanks, I think, has lately been spending far too much time cleaning his genitals...what's left of them as both had their nuts removed months ago.

Kinzvlle likes this.
  18. Moon

Played this U.S. geography game: https://www.sporcle.com/games/Matt/find_the_states Because I'm a true American, I only got sixteen right. Any other Americans wanna give it a go? (I bet non-Americans score higher than me)

As of now, because my older brother has been lacking in the ass kicked range (I'm going to punch him when I get him alone), he decided to go all the way upstate for some girl he's been internet-flirting with. Now my nephews school calls me to go pick him up because he's being held until a "parental figure" takes him, thanks to him beating some other teenagers ass today. So that's fun.

flawed personality and Kinzvlle like this.
  19. Xander17

Speaking of valentine's day.

I've chosen the celibate path since my ex left me...˜counts on fingers˜...24 years ago...and not catholic priest celibacy either...proper or effective celibacy.
    Catholic priests suppress their sexual urges, I've turned mine completely off.
    The former doesn't work, as evidenced in the news.

After much soul searching and increased understanding, I found the switch for my sex drive, which I now have complete control over and can turn sexual desire on and off with ease....literally, with the flick of a switch. Took me about a decade to reach that level of self mastery.

I still think females are the most beautiful things on this earth, physical and soul wise, and it remains a profound experience to encounter females I'm attracted to and my heart goes boom boom when I spent time with them, but there's zero sexual activity going in with me.

Anyways, small towns have a vibrant gossip life, and I do like to give them things to discuss. They already know I'm celibate, but the day before valentine's day, I rock up to Woolies and purchase a six pack of red bull and a pack of condoms.

I make sure that's all I buy so it can't go unnoticed by the nosey eyes of many folks in the village. I then throw these unhealthy and useless things in the bin at home and return to my usual mode of travelling through life.

Please vote for my valentine's day story to be the most romantic.

PS. Valentine's day was yesterday...missed it this year. Haven't aligned myself to traditional holidays for nearly 2 decades. Don't watch tv or read newspapers etc. Only know about them when interacting with others, and I've recently reduced my village visits.

Kinzvlle, matwoolf and Alan Aspie like this.
  20. Xander17

Did my WO @ 4am
    It's now 7...will go for a ride around 9-10.
    Monthy visit to Laundromat today, pay rent, grab some groceries and coffee in village.
    Will try to install new gearing on bike this weekend.

Kinzvlle likes this.
  21. Alan Aspie

Alan Aspie Banned Contributor

1. Put some hot potatoes to your mouth.

2. Speak Swedish.

Night Herald, Mark Burton and Moon like this.
  22. Lemie

Lemie Contributor Contributor

Can confirm!

Need to bring some hot potatoes to Copenhagen on Saturday in case there's any issues with the flight.

23. Bobby Burrows

Bobby Burrows Banned Contributor

mission accomplished

24. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

My son says the fastest way to reach 50 is to look in the events section of the quest board for quests which say in their summary "reward bonus HR points". Even with this it still takes a while. 30 quests gets you from Rank 30 to Rank 50.

Kinzvlle likes this.
  25. S A Lee

S A Lee Contributor Contributor

I'm HR 28, but since next week is half term we should be good to grind once we set up. I could do 30 quests in a day with the boys helping me (15 minutes is long for a quest with the three of us working).

Some Guy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.