What Are You Doing?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Carly Berg, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dogberry's Watch

Dogberry's Watch Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2023

My dad's met all of the cast for DS9, TNG (except Wil Wheaton), Shatner, Nimoy... He shares a birthday with the guy who played Harry Kim, and he's met some of the other Voyager crew. He got me Rom's autograph at one of the conventions he went to because Rom made me laugh so much. There's an episode where Quark is attacked and Rom just starts screaming. I choked on my water, haha.

Edit: He's also met several of the cast of Discovery.

LucatheRat and Homer Potvin like this.
  2. LucatheRat

LucatheRat Active Member

Sounds perfect. I'd own a fabric store on that station. :rolleyes:

Dogberry's Watch likes this.
  3. Malisky

Malisky Malkatorean Contributor

Sitting all dirty in front of the screen and typing. I was at my back yard you see, piling up pine needles and putting them in bags and once I was done, I went to have a warm shower to clean myself from all the dirt, plus relieve my aching body, but no. I stood under the shower head for a good while like an idiot in disbelief that after a few drops of water it was over. The water supply was cut off. My hair didn't even get soaked. Turns out that there's been a plumbing work accident in the neighborhood and they had to switch it off. They said until the evening... :nosleep: Damn! I have many things to take care of today and most of them require the use of water, plus I look like a hobo. Just my luck! Anyhow, at least it got cut off before I shampooed myself. I might head to a friend to finish this off, but god, I have a long walk ahead of me and I'm beat. I could take the car, but I'm really not in the mood. Ouffff...

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  4. Historical Science

Historical Science Contributor Contributor

Christmas Eve at the DMV is not a tradition I would like to uphold.

5. Friedrich Kugelschreiber

Friedrich Kugelschreiber marshmallow Contributor

Our DMV isn't even open due to Covid so you have that going for you at least.

6. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

The RI DMV has a food court to ease its infamous wait times. I get my best reading done at the DMV!

7. jim onion

jim onion New Member

Getting drunk on Suntory Whisky "Toki", listening to music. Might watch anime in a bit here, not sure. Either way this was a tasty Christmas present.

Cave Troll and Malum like this.
  8. Malum

Malum Offline

Watch The End of Evangelion, please. I'm messing around trying to make my virtual machine optimal just for the sake of Microsoft Office. Annoying.

9. Kinzvlle

Kinzvlle At the bottom of a pit Contributor

Just chilling through this weird last week of 2020.

Cave Troll and love to read like this.
  10. J.T. Woody

J.T. Woody Book Witch Contributor

Started watching another comedy/drama on Viki called "Instead of Tipsy Why not Get Drunk"

Me: -watching the trailer- aww! this seems so cute! i'll watch it
    Me after first episode: :bigconfused:

writer 1: hmmmm.... how do we make this meeting romantic?
    Writer 2: lets make them kiss!
    Writer 1: but they dont know each other. how are we going to make them have their first kiss?
    Writer 2: lets make her fall on his face.
    Writer 1: ..... but thats not how kissing works
    Writer 2: oh, and we're going to make him almost hit her with his car!
    Writer 1: thats mean....
    Writer 2: and we're going to make her magically some how avoid being hit by his car too, and he speeds off.
    Writer 1: but how are we going to get her to fall on his face with HER face if he speeds off?
    Writer 2: easy, we make her run down the car. no big deal. its just a car.
    Writer 1: .....ok, lets say thats possible.... how does she get the car to stop?
    Writer 2: easy. she throws her phone at the car from a very far distance and somehow it breaks his side mirror!
    Writer 1: .......
    Writer 2: and then they are arguing about the broken mirror, and she steps into the street AGAIN and almost gets hit by another car, but its fine because he yanks her out of the street and they and they are literally falling, and their lips touch and yeah... she falls on his face. BOOM... first kiss.
    Writer 1: lets make them fall in slow motion. lets also exaggerate the fall, too. like both of their feet leave the ground and they are completely horizontal and then freeze it so its like they are floating in mid-air.
    Writer 2: #romance
    Writer 1: #wetotallydidthat
    Writer 2: #totallybelievable

11. EFMingo

EFMingo A Modern Dinosaur Supporter Contributor

It's like Serendipity all over again...

Kinzvlle likes this.
  12. Homer Potvin

Melting slowly into the couch after a very long shift. Godfather 2 is on AMC. Caught it just when Robert Duvall was screaming, "This committee owes us an apology, Senator!" Might be the greatest moment of feigned righteous indignence in cinematic history. Closely followed by Al Pacino thinking he can talk Diane Keaton out of leaving him. Great fucking movie!

Kinzvlle and EFMingo like this.
  13. Homer Potvin

You know, I've probably seen this two dozen times, but this is the first time I noticed that Mama Corleone's wake was held at Michael's compound in Lake Tahoe? Who in the devil has a funeral in their own crib? Besides Hollywood mob bosses, of course.

Kinzvlle likes this.
  14. Kinzvlle

Kinzvlle At the bottom of a pit Contributor

Getting started on enjoying New Year's Eve I guess since this headache refuses to let me sleep.

s.j likes this.
  15. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

[​IMG]

16. Stormdrake

Stormdrake New Member

I'm currently working on the first draft of short story #1. Later, I'll work on the outline for short story #2, then brainstorm for short story #3. I have quite a bit work ahead, but I'm thankful I have a free weekend. I'm also tempted to start a progress journal. There's no better motivation than the public gaze :superthink:

17. B.E. Nugent

B.E. Nugent Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

Finally looking at 2020 in the rearview mirror and welcoming 2021, the year that really won't have to try too hard.

love to read and Cave Troll like this.
  18. Dogberry's Watch

Dogberry's Watch Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2023

Watching Star Trek and taking down Christmas decorations.

Cave Troll likes this.
  19. Malisky

The good news:

1) I checked the screenwriters-union-of-Greece page and the 8th national screenplay contest has been announced. This time I'll be ready, baby! ;)

2) My screenplay is moving strong, is moving fast. I'm in love with it!

The bad news:

1) I'm afraid about the length of my script. The contest rules indicate that the script shouldn't surpass 100 pages. So far I've written 50... this isn't the middle of the story... at all. Although I'm a virgin at screenplay writing, I'm keeping it as economical as I can. I'm afraid I'll have to chop it down after I'm done. Damn. And I love every single scene of it. :( Perhaps, if my screenplay makes it and I get backed from production companies and make my connections etc, I'll be able to kiiiiinda slip with a sleight of hand the original, long version in... Who knows? Let's get there first and then see.

2) I read about the new amendments upon the greek film/cinema industry that concern the funding system and more importantly the cash rebate and I despaired a little bit more. It sounds horribly ominous although I need to speak with a veteran producer to explain things to me more clearly, because I only know some basics upon film financing. I'm still inexperienced. Whatsoever, hopefully what I think I understood is incorrect, although I doubt it. Filmmakers have already started dancing to the music by sending a signed letter in protest to these amendments. I need to stay updated. The game might have already changed. I don't know.

The whatever news:

I need a haircut and way more money.

ruskaya, love to read and Xoic like this.
  20. Homer Potvin

How long is your movie? You, know that whole page per minute thing, which you no doubt already know.

Malisky likes this.
  21. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

I’m wondering which wall in my flat will collapse first. An apartment block is being built, not 50 feet from my front door, and they’re at the foundations stage which means pile-driving a huge iron support 20 feet into the ground every 5 yards or so. The whole of my flat shudders with every thwump of the driver like I’m in the middle of an earthquake measuring 10 on the Richter scale.

I went out to tell the guy doing the monitoring and he had the unit placed right near my outside wall. He said they were well within the limits with a reading of 3. When I asked what the max was I was horrified to hear him say 11. It’s no exaggeration to say I genuinely think this building - which was built in 1878 - would collapse if they hit their max.

22. Malisky

I still don't know. I need to put it all on paper first. I suck at guessing time related things. I hate time related things. I hate time. Not my strongest point. Overall, I'll make it fit in 100 pages whether it likes it or not. And yes, of course I know the 1 page - 1 minute relation.

Cave Troll and Xoic like this.
  23. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    That sounds like a fairly average length flick.
    Hope you didn't skip arm day. :p
    [​IMG]

Xoic and Malisky like this.
  24. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

^^ Overcrank the hell out of that camera! You'll make your movie shorter. :D

25. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Being envious of the characters in a short.
    Why do they get to eat awesome food,
    while I can't cook at all. :p
    #NeverWriteHungry :D

Malisky and love to read like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.