What Are You Reading Now.

Discussion in 'Book Discussion' started by Writing Forums Staff, Feb 22, 2008.

1. matwoolf

matwoolf Contributor Contributor

Guillotine Seche in French when it arrives and when I find my little blue dictionary from 1985, it must be somewhere. Going French.

CerebralEcstasy likes this.
  2. Arannir

Arannir Active Member

Maybe not now, but I've purchased my summer reading for my three month stint in the United States.

-Altered Carbon by Richard Morgan (not seen the netflix show but like the concept on the surface)
    -Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
    -The Secret Barrister (NF, but I kinda fell in love with British legal system after failing law)
    and, what I'm most excited for
    -a Lovecraft collection

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Reading Asimov's Foundation series in story chronological order. Currently wrapping up Forward the Foundation.

4. paperbackwriter

paperbackwriter Banned Contributor

Ive just finished the Book of Exodus. Now Im reading the Book of Numbers. Will the Israelites ever wake up ? Stay tuned.

Alan Aspie likes this.
  5. Stormsong07

Stormsong07 Living in my own little world Contributor

Currently re-reading Brandon Mull's Fablehaven series, in preparation for his follow-up series, Dragonwatch. I forgot how good they are, even though they are YA. I recommend them if you like fantasy and mythological creatures.

6. AussieNick

AussieNick Member

Currently reading David Mack's Star Trek: Destiny series. A bit dry at times but still my favourite star trek books so far.

7. MusingWordsmith

MusingWordsmith Lively Fred

Currently reading Xenotech Rising by Dave Schroeder. I picked it up at a con and it's fairly interesting so far! The MC does tech support for alien technology, and it's a fun, goofy read. IMO the plot has taken a bit to kick in, it's about halfway through and has built pretty slowly, but I'm entertained enough by the voice and humor to keep reading anyway. First in a series, might be picking up the other ones too!

Iain Aschendale likes this.
  8. MarcT

MarcT Active Member

I enjoy real life adventure stories, mainly about sailing. I've read The Strange Last Voyage of Donald Crowhurst a few times, which perfectly illustrates the meaning of between a rock and a hard place.
    I'll probably read it again, because every time I find something new in the book.
    Anyway, at the moment I'm reading The Romantic Challenge by Francis Chichester, where he sails Gypsy Moth V across the Atlantic 4000 miles, trying to achieve an average of 200 miles per day, back in 1970.
    He makes 60 knots of wind sound like a light breeze.

9. Aerek_Of_Augustine

Aerek_Of_Augustine New Member

I just got done reading WeHave Always Lived In The Castle and if I’m being honest, it was a good book, but Mary Katherine was kind of antagonist to me? She in her own way was kind of selfish and stunted.