1. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

What are you working on right now?

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by 123456789, Nov 6, 2014.

Just curious. Don't answer, if secretive. Try to describe it in a line or two. For example,

Genre: Paranormal romance.
    Synopsis: A human girl named Kate must give birth to the chosen one, who will lead the vampires to world domination. (this is a made up example)

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Just a piece of gay erotica, at the moment.

I'm also working on a novella about two teenage boys on a far-off planet that has unique weather conditions, and how their relationship changes due to their different reactions to those weather conditions.

3. aeustin

aeustin New Member

Genre: SciFi
    Synopsis: In a post apocalyptic world where man has reverted back to the stone age, a war erupts between two brother chiefs in the Great Plains.

4. Ashrynn

Ashrynn Active Member

Genre: Teenage Angst and Drama and Such
    Synopsis: Aftermath of a tragedy and someone who thinks they are unaffected by it

I wrote a bit of the start already and posted it. First time trying to do a full story in 1st person(I think).

Genre: Romance and Drama and Such
    Synopsis: 1st Person narrative about someone evaluating their relationship and deciding how to move forward

Really... really want to do 1st Person stuff

Genre: Comedy and Aliens and Such
    Synopsis: Following up on a short story I wrote awhile ago

Genre: Appoco-Whaaaa??
    Synopsis: It's hard to describe, but I've had the idea in my head for sometime. Basically, the Moon is gone and has been for centuries. The story starts out with a chance encounter as the two characters are thrust into trying to set the world right. There would be a few fantasy elements in it; I keep closing my eyes and picturing artistic landscapes and skies, pretty surreal dreams about the world without a Moon is what caused me to want to write this. More serious in nature than most of the stuff I'm used to.

5. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

A few poems and a novel based on the idea of modernizing the Oresteia.

6. marshipan

marshipan Contributor Contributor

Genre: Paranormal Mystery? thriller? etc? Not sure yet.
    Synopsis: A woman finds out she has dreams of the future and can read minds, while a murderer is searching for her.

7. Njal

Njal New Member

Genre: *short & twisty* Mystery
    Synopsis: two men are drawn to a desolate field, each with a score to settle with a third man, who is trying to write his will before the other men find him.

Genre: *down-to-earth* Paranormal Romance
    Synopsis: a man drunkenly injures his friend & neighbour, but is given a chance to redeem himself by an angelic ghost (or ghostly angel).

8. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

Still working on Not Pink and a couple of projects are top secret - especially my novel, but I'll describe a couple of my shorts for Nanowrite
    Genre: Dystopian meets a literary Frog and Toad by way of Kotzwinkle
    Synopsis: Watts a five foot cockroach ( Blattaria - post apocalyptic tribe ) attempts with his war-wounded friend, and fellow Blatt, Harmon to heal the Woozar and perhaps take on the fortress of Or. That is if they can find their way there, as Harmon has devoured their only map as a snack.

Genre: Horror
    Synopsis: Despite having the appearance of humans Thaddeus and Sharber are ageless creatures that live in tunnels in the woods and only come out at night. As Sharber, stuck at age ten for over two centuries, tries to discover what they are, an accident progresses his age into a man, the same age as Thaddeus. And he soon learns why Thaddeus kept him a child. The woods are no longer big enough for two of them.

9. Lancie

Lancie Senior Member

Since I've completely abandoned my nano-novel, I've gone back to an old one.
    I suppose it's a paranormal...friendship....thing?
    Young man comes out of hospital, been treated for various psychological problems his whole life as he sees and hears things, moves to rural Wales, meets the ghost of a girl murdered about 130 odd years ago and realises he doesn't have a medical problem. Or something like that.

10. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Genre: Paranormal Romance. (Yes, I am one of those writers), Napoleonic Era

Synopsis: War is consuming the Continent, but it isn't only the empires of men under seige, but also those of the Lores. Among them, a Halfling born dragon shifter, fighting to save her vale, even as its protective glamours begin to fail.

11. JMHthe3rd

JMHthe3rd New Member

Genre: Low Fantasy in an Age of Muskets.
    Synopsis: The world is changing. The Empire is dying. Two queens, once childhood friends, wage war on each other. Meanwhile, a greater threat stirs to the east.

Genre: Science Fiction, Fantasy (Terminator fan fiction/Original Fiction).
    Synopsis: Instead of arriving in 1984, Kyle Reese finds himself in a distant, savage future populated by medieval catlike people. He thinks he's left the war behind, but the world is littered with Skynet's old toys. And cats are very curious . . .

12. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Contributor

Sounds like an amazing indie film.

I'm personally working on my novel still.
    Genre: Modern Post-Apocalyptic Light Fantasy (Or something)

In the back of my mind I'm considering a small book of short stories of original modern fairy tales.

13. Renee J

Renee J Senior Member

I'm working on the second draft of a novel I've been writing for about a year and a half.

Genre: Romance/Love story
    Plot: woman loses her husband when he dies saving the life of a little girl. The father of the girl feels terrible about it and vows to help out the widow. Plus, some side plots involving her daughters and mother and his family.

peachalulu likes this.
  14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Contributor Contributor

This started out as NaNo... but I'm so far behind on word-count...

Genre: Low fantasy (Age of Thrones without the dwarves)
    Synopsis: Two brothers with sibling rivalry, one destined for greatness...

15. 123456789

Is there romance between the father of the girl and the widow?

16. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Rewriting the second book in a romance series to make it fit the tone of the series better.

I hate rewriting. Aargh.

17. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Genre: nonfiction
    Synopsis: an essay about the legal issues of sustainable energy, particularly issues related to agriculture.

I want to say that the essay reads like a novel, but let's keep it real: it's as boring as it sounds.

Bjørnar Munkerud and 123456789 like this.
  18. Renee J

Renee J Senior Member

Yes. I don't know if this qualifies as a romance novel since the first half of the book deals with her grieving her husband. Then, she feels guilty for falling for another man.

19. 123456789

That man should feel guilty, seriously! I would be so angry reading this (your story sounds evocative that's a good thing)

20. daemon

daemon Contributor Contributor

Genre(s): young adult? new adult? Spirituality and magic realism play pretty significant roles. A lot of time is spent solving a mystery.

Synopsis: One day, all memory and evidence of the existence of a young woman is erased. No one can form new memories of her. She can talk to people for a short time, but they soon forget that they had the conversation. She investigates the mystery of why this happened to her. Her efforts lead her to affect the lives of those around her in ways she never imagined.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
    Bjørnar Munkerud likes this.
  21. Aled James Taylor

Aled James Taylor Contributor Contributor

Genre: Science Fiction
    Synopsis: A man wakes up and is surprised to discover that he has an artificial body and it's been over 200 years since his date of birth. The world has changed and not for the better. Quest for identity.

Genre: Science Fiction
    Synopsis: Sequel to the first novel, set in a virtual universe. Resolving dysfunctional social and economic systems. Adventure.

22. Matt E

Matt E Ruler of the planet Omicron Persei 8 Contributor

I'm working on a SciFi project about the drama surrounding humanity's first attempt to colonize space (specifically, setting up moon bases). A private company is building their own space program in secret, while the government does their best to undermine the program, up to and including sabotage, because they are afraid of such a radical change to society.

23. James Random

James Random Member

I'm working on two: A reboot of War of the Worlds and a non-fiction young adults book called Things that are True (from a Certain Point of View).

The second is basically a humorous collection of things I wish I'd known when I was a young teenager, and wish that my parents and teacher had been brave enough to tell me. IE: "Cooking and sex are interchangeable skills."

24. MeWriter

MeWriter New Member

Genre: Young-Adult Fiction

Synopsis: Some guy (21-years old) lives peaceful live with his girlfriend (they don`t live together, though) and he is doing well in college. Then one day he met another girl in cafehouse and she turned his life "on head". Story full of guiltiness, inner fights and other problems.

25. archerfenris

archerfenris Active Member

Genre: High Fantasy
    Synopsis: A young, physically disabled teenage girl is killed in a horrible accident only to wake up from her death in a body different from her own, completely cured of her disabilities, in a land with 8 moons. As she struggles to identify who she was and who she is now, she finds herself the center figure in an ancient and mysterious event which threatens to rip her new world apart.

My first novel. It sucks, but I'm almost done with it.

Bjørnar Munkerud and Okon like this.