What are you working on right now?

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by 123456789, Nov 6, 2014.

1. ddavidv

ddavidv Senior Member

Genre: paranormal romance
    Plot: a man investigates the possibility that 'heaven' exists. He finds a woman who claims she knows it does. They dance around their mutual attraction as they battle internal demons and ultimately take a journey to see the proof that heaven exists via a doorway from this world into another. I'm currently editing it; otherwise it's finished.

Genre: semi-erotic thriller
    Plot: book two for my female protagonist who saves a 'white slave' Russian girl only to have her murdered by the mob. My gal goes out for revenge while getting involved with a police detective and dodging a mysterious man who runs a security agency.

Genre: not yet sure what it is
    Plot: a hit man who has retired (a rare thing) finds himself living a secretive and dull existence. He decides to get a hobby: offing the bad guys who slip through the cracks. Similar in some ways to 'Dexter' but he's not a sociopathic serial killer. I plan on making him a dry-witted dark comic that will hopefully make the reader laugh while he's doing his ill deeds.

2. Okon

Okon Contributor Contributor

Genre: Young adult/paranormal mystery/love story.

Synopsis: A young deli-worker, obsessed with the art of building any and all kinds of sandwiches, is convinced by his dead father to get a girl's number because it is their destiny to be together. He quickly discovers that his father lied to mask a deeper motive. The girl's family had the same fate as his own: death in a restaurant gas explosion, and his father's ghost thinks the she has evidence that will save both their lives from a murderer who is burdened with a century-old grudge. Our hero, sceptical of his father's theory, has to choose between exhuming his and the girl's painful memories to possibly find justice and peace, or revelling in the passion of a new love while burying his head between the slices of his old one.

3. Gawler

Gawler Senior Member

Australia via Hawaii via Australia via England
    Several projects but at this moment a comedy/fantasy. A parody of the super heroes films using stereo typed dumb blondes as the heroes.

4. NinaW

NinaW New Member

Genre: Horror

Synopsis: After a serious brain injury, a serial killer begins to feel empathy and guilt. She runs from her old life, taking a new name and trying to forget what she did. Years later, while she's getting closer to her next door neighbour who is so perfectly and painfully her type, the ghosts of her victims come back to haunt her.

Cheesy I know, but that was intention. I like a ghost story every now and again. Thankfully I'm nearly finished, only a few chapters left and then I can get on with editing. Oh joy.

5. cutecat22

cutecat22 The Strange One Contributor

Genre: Erotic/Romantic Fiction

Synopsis: This is a follow up to my first fiction. This story deals with the lives of the MC's when their world is ripped apart in a way that stretches them to the limit. A couple of other characters from book one take more of a driving seat and a couple of new characters are introduced into the mix.

There are moments of laugh out loud humour as well as moments that will make you cry.

Hopefully, another rollercoaster ride that takes you on twists and turns whilst also indulging in a smidgen of hot sex!

6. Feral Inferno

Feral Inferno Member

Genre: High Fantasy/Post-Apocolypse
    (Note that this is not fan-fiction)
    Synopsis: A Pegasus super-soldier, placed in stasis within enemy territory, is awakened during an attack. She sets out to discover who she is and what happened to the world when she was asleep.
    I couldn't help but start on the sequel to what I have a progress journal on:​

Genre: High Fantasy
    Synopsis: After escaping arrest by a xenophobic authority, a young Horse journeys to find a secret society believed to be trying to unite the three younger races.
    (This book will actually be "episode 1 & 2" of a 26 novella series I will be writing.)​

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    Christopher Snape. and daemon like this.
  7. SD92

SD92 New Member

Genre: Comedy

Synopsis: Zeus and Hercules use Marty McFly's time machine to visit modern day USA, causing chaos. Batman, Superman, Spiderman and Catwoman are on hand to save the day.

8. Walker Rowe

Walker Rowe New Member

Writing a travel memoir of living here in rural Chile. I keep changing the title. Now its called "Dust and Dirt in Rural Chile" if you want to Google it. I want some feedback. Give me a critique of some small portion by commenting there and I will do the same for what you are working on.

9. Karwedsky

Karwedsky Member

Genre: Science Fiction / Time Travel
    Synopsis: A young woman is recruited by a time-traveler to help stop an invasion of technologically advanced cyborgs from another time-line that are hell bent on destroying the earth as revenge for their own creation.

The story alternates between the two time-lines with some of the characters represented in both.

10. Yelnoc

Yelnoc New Member

Genre: Unsure, what do you think?

An adolescent is woken in the middle of the night by two men with handcuffs, transporters, hired by his parents to take him to a pray-away-the-gay camp in Montana for LGBT children. He loses his captors at the airport and is picked up by a taxi-driver who is working through his own problems. They spend a weird night in the city, picking up odd passengers, running into the aforementioned transporters, and ultimately learning a lot from each other.

Bjørnar Munkerud likes this.
  11. theoriginalmonsterman

theoriginalmonsterman Pickle Contributor

Epic 'nuff said

12. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Depends how you write it - certainly COULD be YA, could be gay lit, could be general fiction...

13. Wynter

Wynter Active Member

Genre: Adventure/Suspense

Synopsis: After having his life saved a young man joins his savior on a journey to The Abyss, the link between God and Earth, along the way he continually gets confronted with choices which challenge his own ideas and beliefs, asking the question of whether the Destination is the only goal one should ever have in mind, or is the path there just as important.

14. Stuffthing13

Stuffthing13 New Member

Genre: Action/Mystery/Horror?
    Synopsis: Xemond is a working class Vampire, doing odd jobs for the rich in his world's Industrial Revolution. His latest task goes perfectly. Or it would have if not for the Princess witnessing him commit murder.

Genre: Action/Political?/Paranormal
    Synopsis: A punk from the northeast is chosen as the next Satan (from the old term meaning "accuser"). Now he tries to reform Hell while navigating it's bureaucracy.

Genre: Action/Adventure/Sci-Fi
    Synopsis: Byross is framed for an assassination he didn't commit. He must leave his home while his friends handle an impending civil war.

Genre: Action/Adventure/Fantasy
    Synopsis: Alys Colt lives in world where those with magic rule over those who don't, her family being fairly prominent in the subjugation of the masses. Her life crumbles around her as she is punished for violating her countries laws and subsequently kidnapped by pirates.

15. Bjørnar Munkerud

Bjørnar Munkerud Senior Member

Genre: (science) fantasy

Synopsis: A spoilt, yet troubled Texan boy grows up in the 24th century with the secret that he has superhuman cognitive abilities and can teleport. Not having known of any others with supernatural abilities, at age 20 he gets contacted by a mysterious woman and later by a group of "Recruiters" who convince him to travel with them to another planet where he will be an important piece in saving that planet's humans, who have magical powers, from a seemingly never-ending stream of evil demons and clones. Along the way he has to find a way to adapt to life on this new planet, cope with the loss of several of his newfound friends and colleagues, handle his insecurities about whether or not he's worthy of the love of his girlfriend and of his responsibilities and convince himself that there is hope and that not everything he holds dear will inevitably turn to ash.

16. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Genre: sci-fi.
    Synopsis: Humans have finally occupied the last frontier: outer space, yet after decades of unsuccessful politics and the questionable distribution of wealth and resources, life in space is in jeopardy. Young Lise Armfelt wants to do her part in keeping things peaceful in her new job as the outer space equivalent to a cop, but ends up pissing off every likely and unlikely enemy there is in her quest to protect the innocent.

Christopher Snape. likes this.
  17. Franz Hansen

Franz Hansen Member

Editing:

Genre: Science Fiction
    Synopsis: Two close friends, a Human and a dragon, must restore the alliance between their kinds while fending off alien invaders.

New Project:

Genre: Science Fiction
    Synopsis: While on her maiden voyage, Earth's first starship disappears into an anomaly and gets tossed back and forth through time.

18. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

I'm just working on building ideas,plot,characters ect... for a bunch of short stories...

19. Hwaigon

Hwaigon Senior Member

Second to the right, and straight on till morning.
    I'm working on a fantasy piece about demons and monks and their primordial strife.
    At the moment, I'm gleaning/inventing facts and mythology. I've realized the story should cover
    a very broad range of topics and themes, so I'm making a factual base for it.

20. DennisWillis12

DennisWillis12 New Member

Paranormal romance is a sub genre of both romantic fiction and speculative fiction. This genre is basically focus on romantic love and includes elements of feelings.