1. webc5

webc5 New Member

What do they mean by this?

Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by webc5, Sep 15, 2014.

"The company will reciprocate these "auditor days" within 180 days, or pay the rate of $600 per day, equal to the number of "auditor days" expended for their peer audit."

It's for an audit what do they mean by this?

2. stevesh

stevesh Banned Contributor

What's being audited, and by whom?

3. webc5

webc5 New Member

My dad has a very very small painting company he is a painter by trade.

It's an audit to measure our health and safety program. I'm confused about certain parts of the language. (I have it in pdf, but I can't upload it). Basically I'm auditing the company. Though I can't make much sense of this part. I know how to read lol, but this lawyer language is confusing.

Anyone want to help me and explain what they mean in this part?

Thank you.

Peer Auditor Remuneration, Reciprocity and Selection
    a) A company audited by a peer auditor will reciprocate the peer audit equal in number of “auditor days” used to
    complete their peer audit.
    b) The company will reciprocate these “auditor days” within 180 days, or pay the ACSA the rate of $600 per day,
    equal to the number of “auditor days” expended for their peer audit.
    c) Any travel costs* associated with the audit must be discussed and agreed upon by the auditor and auditee company
    before the start of the audit. The auditee company will then be responsible for these costs. When selecting
    auditors for the peer audit, the ACSA will attempt to match industry classifications.
    d) A company may choose to opt out of the Peer Process, and is therefore not obligated to conduct external peer
    audits for the ACSA.

4. Robert_S

Robert_S Senior Member

It sounds like your father has to peer audit another company in this contract within 180 days for the same span of time or he has to pay $600/day.

5. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Yup, I'm with Robert. If someone spends five days auditing your company, then within 180 days someone from your company has to spend five days auditing THEIR company. Or else pay $3 000 to them.