1. HellOnEarth

HellOnEarth Banned

What do you love most about writing?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by HellOnEarth, Apr 11, 2007.

Care to share?

2. Sayso

Sayso New Member

Seeing the characters develop and the story move on.

It's really nice when you sit back for a minute and go through what you've written and you get to a point when you say 'Did I just write that? That's good!' It doesn't happen very often but it's a high when it does!

3. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

getting good feed back. it doesn't happen often and makes me smile when i do :):)
    Heather

4. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

Looking back after one of those brief but strong spurts of creativity, and thinking "Holy crap. I just covered x pages. Niiiice."

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

all of it!

6. onyxprop

onyxprop New Member

What do you love most about writing
    The fact that i can make a story to sink into. I can make one where there are no movies (or not enough) in existance and I want more! So i just write about it. It also helps when you have a crush on someone- that person could become your next top character in some interesting plot. One way to spend time with a person without them ever knowing...heh heh heh...:cool:

7. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Ack! :eek: Creepy! jk. :p

What I love most about writing? I love the way that I can sink into my own world. That I can become the characters when I cannot do it in real life. I live and breath in my world and I mainly write because there are names, places, senarios and ideas floating around in my head. I write for pleasure and do hope to have something published in the future, but even if it doesn't happen, I'm bloody happy! I relax when I write. I am in a place where I decide the rules. So gimme a computer (writing by hand results in too much wasted paper!) and I'm happy. :D

8. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

The thing I love most about writing is being able to express myself and share my words with others.
    The written word is such a wonderful thing as it allows us to use our own imagination to dive into a world full of excitement and passion and fear.
    In a way writing is one of the most personal things ever to share with another human for it comes from a part of us that otherwise we can't share with anyone.
    It is excilerating when you sit down and read the wrods of another writer and experience part of their imagination through their creation.

ok well yeah i am going to stop now cause yeah that sounds hmmmm goodbye now lol :D:D:D:D

9. WhiteRider

WhiteRider New Member

Love the way I feel when writing, you almost seem to go into the world you're making. I just love writing.

10. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

here's a piece i wrote quite a while back, that about says it all:

11. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

I think i'd have to say the biggest buzz for me when writing is probably sort of slipping into the story that i'm writing... when my imagination is at its peak and writer's block leaves me alone for a few hours lol...

I like being able to have my characters do what I want them to do without being judged or anything too :)

Other than that then probably the feedback I get for my writing because the feeling that my writing absorbs people as much as i've been absorbed by other stories is fantastic.

12. daisydaisy

daisydaisy New Member

I love how it makes me feel. In the real world, I'm quite a shy, quiet person, who finds it difficult to express my feelings face to face. When I write, I have no inhibitions, I can tell the world exactly how I feel, and release all my emotions onto the page. That's the thing I love most.

13. Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland New Member

The freedom and control over your own little bit of the/a world. =P

14. Jaclyn

Jaclyn Active Member

Escapism! and writing causes me to always remain searching for what moves or fascinates me - I aboslutely love that.

15. sweetlilac

sweetlilac New Member

what i love about writing is that.. youre free.. you can go wherever you want.. you can explore yourself as well as the unknown boundaries of life.. its really fun and exciting.. as well as challenging.. mostly when you feel like quitting..then that spark of inspiration comes by.. its really unpredictable but fulfilling..:)
    _______
    "dont make me lie to you" -michael scofield
    prison break fan..:)

16. Evelyn

Evelyn New Member

I like spending time with my characters and in my settings (except sometimes when when I write about unpleasant people or places). I just really get to like these people (oh, god, does that mean they're my imaginary friends? :).

That, and I get story ideas, or bits of dialogue or wording occur to me, and then they won't stop rolling around in my head until I write them down.

- Evelyn

17. Inquire

Inquire New Member

Character development is number one for me. I get so involved with these people that I create and it's rather odd and very interesting to see them change and grow (either for the better or....the worse.) Plus I enjoy the control I have over that destiny and, to some degree, the control that I don't have. I like to explore and be open-minded and draw from others, etc.