What do you think about my main character?

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by TheDarkWriter, Jul 2, 2013.

1. neuropsychopharm

neuropsychopharm Active Member

Exactly what I was thinking, Peach.

2. Magical Writer

Magical Writer Member

I can only really see this working if your female character actually has some hidden impulses herself. Maybe she suffered horrific events during childhood which have been suppressed (Until now). Then your male could somehow get close enough (Maybe by kidnapping) to convince her to actually commit a crime with him (Or forced to watch one) that fully ignites impulses she never knew she had. Resulting in her actually wanting to take part and eventually falling in love as the story progresses.

Or maybe your female character doesn't actually know that the man she is falling for is actually the same man stalking her. Until later on in the story of course.

3. swordsandpens

swordsandpens New Member

Seems like you're describing a flavor of Stockholm Syndrome, which is a real thing, so I say it COULD be realistic, but not as a love story. More of a psychological thriller. The only problem I foresee with that is you might get accused of ripping of Beauty and the Beast. :p