1. Afterburner

Afterburner Active Member

What do you want to read?

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Afterburner, Mar 3, 2010.

So, we all have books we're currently reading, but I want to know what books you want to read. Do you have a list of books to read or do you just kind of randomly choose?

Personally, I've got a pretty big list of books I want to get to:

The Bourne Supremacy by Robert Ludlum (FINISHED)
    The Bourne Ultimatum by Robert Ludlum (IN PROGRESS)
    The Children of Men by P.D. James
    Dune #1-6 by Frank Herbert
    Ringworld #1-4 by Larry Niven
    Percy Jackson #1-5 by Rick Riordan

Yeah... it's gonna take a while lol.

2. arron89

arron89 Banned

I've always meant to read more Russian Lit....never seem to get around to it though. On the up side, many of the plays I've been wanting to read are part of the Contemporary Drama paper I'm taking at uni, so I'll finally get to read and (maybe, I hope) see things like Saved! and Blasted (along with more Beckett :D).

3. Marcelo

Marcelo Member

I've been wanting to read The Hunger Games, and the Night Watch series by some Russian author whose name I keep forgetting. :D

4. dspiritz

dspiritz New Member

I really want to read Brett weeks "night angel" trilogy, "The Gathering Storm" by Brandon Sanderson are up on the top of my list.

There are a couple more but I cant think of them. Next time I go to a book shop they will probably all jump out at me. :D

5. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Sergei Lukyanenko :p

And I do intend to read the last two books in that series, eventually.

6. Green Tea

Green Tea Banned

When I was about 9 or 10 years old, my family and I were doing some last minute Christmas wasting of money. I went to the book shop and was taken by a thick paperback with a picture of a half naked warrior woman on the front cover. Think or a female Conan on horesback. Now, I do not remember the title, or even what the story was about. But for years I wanted that book just because the sexy warrior woman turned me on! :)

So, I wish I could read that book, just because.

7. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

I have a list of books that I want to read, but most of them I can't remember which is annoying. I know there are some books about the world wars focusing on the women that I want to read, and books from various authors though.

8. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

You're ahead of my sister; I bought her the first in the series for Christmas in 2008, and she hasn't even opened it yet. Last time I was home I actually checked her bookcase and as I ran a finger across the tops of books it came away with a covering of dust. And she wants to study English Lit at uni...

Anyway, on topic, I made myself a reading list last year in about October time. It's about 90 books long, and I have, this far, read 21 of them. My theory behind it was that it would get me reading what I wouldn't normally read, and thus far it's worked. Books from the list I particularly want to read are Utopia by Sir Thomas More and The Iliad and The Odyssey. I also quite fancy Beowulf for some reason.

9. MCWhite

MCWhite New Member

I've heard a lot about author Ayn Rand lately. First, from season 1 of Mad Men, and lately, on this site. So that's next on my list, after Cities of the Plain, the last book in McCarthy's border trilogy.

10. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

I'd like to read some of (though i think there is only 3) Joe Hill Books (One of Stephen King's sons) I have heard he is actually quiet talented....but i'm not sure if the ability to write crap is genetic or not.

11. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Joe Hill is much better than his dad. Heart-Shaped Box is probably the best horror book I've read in the last five years. He's concise, entertaining, and very talented. He's gonna be something very big (and I'm meeting him on Saturday :D).

12. Green Tea

Green Tea Banned

For what purpose? ;) Blind date?

13. Writt

Writt New Member

I have a stack of books at home that I want to read, next one on the list Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. But I also have a stack of books that I have to read for Uni, Arrian, Plutarch and Diodorus.. So frustrating, I never have time to read anything I want to.

14. FUWArock

FUWArock New Member

Well, I'm trying to start on the book Your Heart Belong to Me by Dean Koontz and also A Long Fatal Love Chase by Jane Austen (I think that's the right author although the book is stored on my bookshelves). However, I'm still in the process of finishing Pride and Prejudice. I'm in love with historical romance. But, for some reasons, I'm starting to read more and more of the darker stories which I find it a little scary.

15. menace-uk-

menace-uk- New Member

I have wanted to read for a while now.

Do androids dream of electric sheep? by Philip .K. Dick

I also want to read the Stephen king Dark Tower series but i am not too fond of reading books belonging to a series.

16. Prometheus

Prometheus Banned

I want to read War and Peace, and someday actually finish Catch 22.