What do you want your writing to do for your audience?

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by J.T. Woody, Oct 3, 2019.

1. T_L_K

T_L_K Senior Member

I'd like my writing to make people think. Think deeper. That's pretty much the goal for me.

EFMingo likes this.
  2. Laurin Kelly

Laurin Kelly Contributor Contributor

I want to take them on and emotional, roller coaster journey of two people falling in love - the good bits, the bad bits, and everything in between. I want them cheering on my couple the whole time to make it to the finish line together, and then I give them the well-deserved happy ending that makes the whole trip worth it.

3. EFMingo

EFMingo A Modern Dinosaur Supporter Contributor

It depends, really. But mostly, I want to elicit a clear image(s), build an emotional response from them (exact response subject to change with the type of writing and genre), and give them desire to read more.

4. Joshua Wheelon

Joshua Wheelon New Member

My goal is to educate readers about the incoming Rapture, but also to entertain with a great story that peaks their interest in the subject.

5. naturalhumandisaster

naturalhumandisaster New Member

I write romance, so I want them to feel the way they felt with their first love. I want their heart to race, I want them to swoon because that's what I want when I read books. I want it to feel like the first time you ever held someone else's hand or the first real kiss when it was good. I want my readers to lie awake at night, wondering if there are really people like my character's who exist and who really are that in love.