1. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

What do your characters from your book look like?

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by honey hatter, Jun 9, 2018.

Please add character details let us all know how the character relates to the picture.

I'm going to say posts any characters from your books. What do they look like? Is it possible to change the tread title?"Tada!"

This is Zavra. She actually has long blonde hair in the story but this picture fit her look perfectly. She's over 4,000 years old. She was turned by a vampire whose age predates Mayan culture.

IMG_0217.JPG
    Zavra

Zavra is a romantic at heart, she likes long walks on the beach at night. That's usually how she finds her food.

Zavra has always been looking for somone who she could share her long life with. Why didn't I say eternity? Because both Zavra and I know that for vampires there is no such thing as forever, only an extended stay of execution.

This is what Zavra will look like after feeding, the hair color is about the same too bad there isn't a full face shot.

IMG_0224.JPG

This is Angelique the Ballerina, born in 1922 Moscow Russia. she attended the Imperial Russian Ballet. (needs to do lots of research there to see if it had any name changes.) Angelique was turned at the age of 23 in 1945. After she was turned she became quite mad, much like her writer. This is Angelique.

747a1af351173d999a5cd50fc652c2b3 (1).jpg

Angelique has two different colored eyes.
    a53d3b0e643c5cd096f71879599b3fe8.jpg
    This is Angelique's form as a Ballerina.
    952af9f86bb15571637e382ac4c001f7.jpg
    this is Angelique before and after she's fed
    658e6a20f2ce17c9d31bda04503552b6.jpg
    This is Trixie after her girlfriend was murdered in front of her, i havent found a good cheerleader picture yet. But i will soon.
    dcd0ed4c9975a57af5b3cc460a5f5d35.jpg

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  2. Iain Sparrow

Iain Sparrow Banned Contributor

My WIP has three protagonists, each twelve years old... Rosemarie, Mabel, and Adeline.
    This is Adeline, having a good cry at the edge of a meandering stream. She's having a miserable day, and it's about to get worse...
    [​IMG]

honey hatter likes this.
  3. GuardianWynn

GuardianWynn Contributor Contributor

I have many main characters but probably the one you asking about with a thread title like this is the first main one. Valorie!

Attached Files:

honey hatter likes this.
  4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Writing a delish little fanfiction at the moment in the lands of Westeros and the Summer Isle where two of the main characters are drawn from the world of fencing, of all places. Podrick Payne's love interest is a pretty little redhead dude named Timmor Buckler, physically based on Race Imboden (this is the ship around which the story orbits), and there's a fierce af waterdancer he meets in the Summer Isles who comes to be his mentor, based on Nzinga Prescod, both of whom are pictured below.

[​IMG]

honey hatter likes this.
  5. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Who is she, why is it about to get wore? Beautiful picture btw.

6. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Who is she? Is she studying for school or is she a reader like me? What motivates her? Does she like long walks on the beach?

7. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Very cool Wreybies one of my favorite characters on that show is Cerio Forrel' I'm probably spelling the name wrong.
    He survived! I know it! I love his character, Arya had the best teacher in him.

8. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

She looks very innocent and Disneyesque in that image. The image that really drove me to want to base a character on her was this one:

[​IMG]

Some Guy and honey hatter like this.
  9. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Very cool Wreybies your giving me chills.

10. GuardianWynn

Technically Valerie but she spells it Valorie(As a kid she understood that it sounded like Valor was in her name so she spelled it that way to be cute. The habit stuck). She is a normal girl for the most part, or she wants to be. Yep she is in college, She wants to become a politician following in foot steps of her foster parents. But little does she currently know that life is going to push her to walk the steps of her biological father whom she has never met.

She is reading a book titled "Before The Order: The Rise of Tarvoss" a historical book in her world about the struggles of a woman and her husband during world war 3. (A book I intend to write one day) She is reading it for a history class. But she loves it.

She is motivated by her respect for her foster parents and her internal desire to make them proud. She isn't so fond of the beach or not especially so. She is more of a friday night football kind of girl. With nachos!

honey hatter likes this.
  11. BlitzGirl

BlitzGirl Contributor Contributor

My brand-new avatar here is the main character of my current fantasy story! Felt good to finally sit down and draw her! Her name is Kaina.

I have drawn characters from my other stories as well, but I don't have URL links of my other drawings. Actually, many are posted on deviantART, but I might have my account set to only have my drawings visible to other members of dA. :/

I love drawing (even though I am not as prolific as I once was), and always had vivid images in my head of my characters' appearances, so it's awesome for me to be able to bring my imaginations to life. :)

Some Guy and honey hatter like this.
  12. CoyoteKing

CoyoteKing Good Boi Contributor

This is Yoshi, the sleazy comedian from my current story.

He's trash.

upload_2018-6-9_23-28-36.png

upload_2018-6-9_23-33-29.png

Mink, Dragon Turtle and honey hatter like this.
  13. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Exquisite.
    looking for a predator for Jayna (she calls herself the Black Lioness) she devours my MC. yeow.

honey hatter likes this.
  14. Iain Sparrow

Iain Sparrow Banned Contributor

An acquisitive black and white magpie will pay Adeline a visit and divest her of the ring she'd just carelessly taken off. And she'll cry all the harder. But it was just a ring, nothing really; and what use is there in crying over nothing? Having decorated its nest with the shiny object, the magpie returns to Adeline. It holds a grape in its beak, and politely drops it in Adeline's lap. The young lady doesn't know it now, but she's going on an adventure.;)

honey hatter likes this.
  15. izzybot

izzybot (unspecified) Contributor

Back when I used to rp I used Ben Barnes as a faceclaim for my boy Angel.

[​IMG]

He's not exactly as I picture him (Angel has longer, more auburn hair, for one), but the combination of the somewhat soft features Ben Barnes has -- not so much apparent in this picture, to be fair; more so when he was younger -- and the really dark, piercing eyes are a pretty good summation of Angel.

A key feature of Angel's life (and a longstanding joke back when I used him for rp) has been that most people either find him very charming and compelling, or immediately dislike him, and it usually comes down to whether they think he's attractive or the subtle weird wrongness of his eyes hits them first. He himself is kind of oblivious to the effect he has, takes it very personally when people don't like him, and often tries to forcefully endear himself to people who take a dislike to him ... which usually makes them dislike him even more. As a result he tends to surround himself with people who think he's cute. He's quite vain, my boy.

16. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Smoldering good looks on that one. Where was he born, what was his accent like? What genre of rp did you play him in? Is your character still alive?

A long time ago I played a Japanese vampire assasin named Ryoko Shimazawa. Role played in a world inspired by Creature Core. In the end she was thrown of a skyscraper and impaled on a church spire.

IMG_0220.JPG

17. izzybot

izzybot (unspecified) Contributor

Angel's American -- born in Iowa but raised all over, so a rather muddled accent. I didn't even know Ben Barnes was British when I picked him out, hahah. I played versions of Angel in a few different genres, but mostly horror-themed ones. He was a murderer with a rich daddy who got him off easy at one point, a half-demon who fed off of people's suffering at another, a brain-damaged feral zombie-killer at a third, and a ghost that didn't realize he was dead on this one board. But still alive (and just a regular human) in his original story. I can't make myself kill him -- he's just too darn pretty. I prefer to make him suffer.

A very fittingly goth The Crow ending! :D

CoyoteKing and honey hatter like this.
  18. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Angel has been through a lot. I never played a antagonist in any of my years of pencil and paper. Unless you count the masquerade. All vampires are antagonists at one point in there unlife. Vampires gotta feed, sorry human your neck is just too tasty. I miss my old gaming group. We had some epic campaigns.

izzybot likes this.
  19. Some Guy

did you draign them all?

honey hatter likes this.
  20. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

You drew that picture? Your very talented. Something to be said for getting your ideas from out of your imagination and onto paper. Whether as art or story.

I like to consider everything art. Jackie Chan said everything is kung fu. Kung fu can mean "acquired skill." Everything we do is an acquired skill.

BlitzGirl likes this.
  21. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Not many people survived me, my avatar says there fate. I played some humans too, I never survived more than one session. A lot or rerolling characters.

Some Guy likes this.
  22. GuardianWynn

Mindy 1.jpg

Here is one I have a feeling you may like @honey hatter

Mindy, a psychologically damaged girl(she isn't showing much skin for a reason) that is highly intelligent as has a very unique form of magic. She can program water like a computer, commanding it to do her bidding outside of her focus or awareness. She uses it to create a cave underwater that she uses to hide from the world.

23. Some Guy

cool

honey hatter likes this.
  24. Odile_Blud

Odile_Blud Active Member

upload_2018-6-11_19-29-43.png

I posted him before. This is Snake. He isn't the main character but he's the only drawing of any of my characters that I have on my computer right now. I have more drawings that I may upload later.

He's a snake that was turned into a human by a pirate mage, and he can't be a snake again until they find the treasure.

25. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

She's crazy and smart she has a lot in common with Angelique. I have been thinking about adding some form of magic to the Ballerinas world, in a way the Summerlands are magic.

Does mindy have a computer made from water in her cave? Cause if she does I could use her help. My old computer turned my room from 85 degrees in an air conditioned room to what felt like 105 degrees. An actual water cooled computer made out of water? Now that's magical.