What is noticed about you?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pierce, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Sylous

Sylous New Member

Usually the first thing people notice about me are the body guards. I wronged a ninja once (long story but it involves a tuna fish and a kite) and he's been plotting my demise ever since. I guess the next thing is my strong Baltimore accent. When I go to the west coast they always think i'm from philly or jersey for some reason.

2. Yarnillah

Yarnillah New Member

Interesting. I'm sure the body guards would draw quite a lot of attention lol

3. TheHedgehog

TheHedgehog Contributor Contributor

I'm really pale, and people notice that I have blue eyes, I sorta tall and thin, and I don't say much. And that I'm really smart, with some other thing here and there (people at my school are amazed to learn that studying results in good grades! :eek:)

4. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

People either first notice my height (since I'm a couple of inches off being 6 foot) or that I have very large boobs - infact, when I first met my cousin's girlfriend the first two things she said to me were, 'gosh, you're tall!' and, 'wow, you've got huge boobs!'

hilarious.

5. DragonGrim

DragonGrim New Member

People always laugh at me because I have a strange and sometimes disgraceful sense of humor that I deliver in a plain, baritone voice.

Physically I don’t know, the last thing someone said to me was a girl in my group that laughed when I said I might become a teacher. She said I looked too normal -- normal = not me!

6. Yarnillah

Yarnillah New Member

Can anyone tell me what normal is?? I haven't managed to figure that out yet. I would like to be a teacher too. Haha. So I must be abnormal too.

7. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Normal - perpendicular to a surface.

8. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

The way I speak. Apparently, my speech is unusual because I use full sentences. Since I was a child I've always been labelled the smart kid. I've yet to figure out why.

9. Yarnillah

Yarnillah New Member

Makes sense. that makes pretty much everyone normal. Even teachers. Haha

10. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

This can get frustrating at times. I think the worst was when I was fifteen, some people I was serving as a waitress asked if I went to med school with them. (Inner dialogue: Why would I be waiting tables if I went to med school with you? To boot, you are about ten years off! :eek:
    Another one was when the lady at the drive through asked if I went to high school with her. She was at least thirty.

Most normal people think that when I say "I'm a senior" that I mean in university. And people ask me why I worry about premature aging. :p

xx

People also notice that I have a very unusual laugh; it's a distinguishing feature apparently. I'm easily amused and laugh often, and when I am truly amused, I laugh like a freaking hyena --I throw my head back and cackle, and I often need to latch on to the nearest stable object (usually a person) for standing support. :D

11. Yarnillah

Yarnillah New Member

Lol. when I find something really amusing, i tend to laugh quietly. I do this little he he..hehe...hehehe thing. It's soooo annoying. lol. Another thing people notice about me is my tendency to completely ignore them without realising it. it's not always my faulth though. they tend to choose to talk to me when I'm in the middle of a reverie or when I'm reading. those are the only times I'm completely deaf to the world. Hence, there's no point talking to me.

12. DragonGrim

DragonGrim New Member

The world would be a boring place without people who cackle or go he he he. Me, I never laugh! Unless that’s what you call those involuntary spasms of the lungs when something funny happens.

13. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

All this talk of different laughs reminds me of the Mary Poppins number. I always loved the Giggle Skit in that film. :D

14. Yarnillah

Yarnillah New Member

Haha. Yeah!! where they're all floating on the tables and chair and that. Funny.
    @ dragon: i feel much better about my laugh now. thank you lol

15. Cosmos

Cosmos New Member

Most people notice that I'm short, like really really short. xD

16. lavendershy

lavendershy New Member

Well, most people say I'm happifying. Rarely with that word, but yeah. They usually commented on my hair before I got 8 inches chopped off. Sometimes they still comment on how long it is. :) And I've been told I look super mature, and I've been told I have an aura of homeschooling-ness. Yes, the lady actually explained what she meant after she said that. :) So basically: cheerful (around other people), long hair, mature looking/talking, nice and respectful to adults, good with little kids. And exceptionally observant people comment on my funny socks. I generally wear odd socks. Like bright red with penguins. Or fuzzy purple stripes. Not a bad list, I guess.

17. Nervous1st

Nervous1st New Member

I'm 8 months pregnant...

"I see you've had a good Christmas!" That's a good one!

"Are you sure there's not two in there?" Yes, I'm sure.

"You're going to have your hands full." You think?

"Oh God, how much longer?" Too long

"Gee, you're big." Yeah? and what's your excuss?

And the best for last:

"It's a boy, for sure. I can tell by the way you're carrying."

"It's a girl, for sure. I can tell by the way you're carrying."

18. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

I have sea-green eyes which were never commented on until I settled in a country where 'coloured' eyes are more rare--less flattering than it sounds, as peasants make signs to ward off the evil eye.

In England I used to have people tell me I was 'posh'--in a very accusing way. But now on my infrequent visits to the UK I'm only asked where I'm from (since from my clothes I look European and my English has become so precise, every syllable and 'r' sounded, it's a joke). That's if they can be bothered to talk at all--English people are incredibly incurious about others (or maybe I've got too used to Turks asking questions about everything--'Are you married?/How many children?/How much do you earn? etc).

19. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

that is one of the first things people notice about me and my son together, Mase that is, that we have extremely long eyelashes. Girls would kill for my sons lashes!!!!

20. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

It generally goes in this order:

Clothes: I'm a big fan of retro and goth, seem to get a lot of comments about the kind of clothes I wear. (Aprons are a fashion accessory!)

Shoes: I like weird boots, people seem to notice.

Eyes: Green, and it's the physical attribute most people notice first and compliment me on.

Quietness and/or my listening skills: I am occasionally noisy and silly, but for the most part I prefer to listen.

I also receive many comments about my memory - I can pretty much remember everything, often word for word, that people have said to me, even years later. It goes hand in hand with the listening. ;)

21. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

hahaha...Oh, this is rich.

I guess the first thing people notice about me is my legs as I am tall and I have these long stick legs...seriously, no shape at all. hahaha
    Also, my long curly hair, smile, and personality. That is what I most often am told, though some people notice my clothing first...I wear a lot of hats and men's style clothing to work. I am very comfortable in a fedora, suspenders, and tie. ;)

22. Nonnie

Nonnie New Member

Farmville, VA. Yep, it's not just your least favor
    Most people think I'm early twenties, though they've been thinking that since I was about 12. Lets me get away with alot of stuff :rolleyes:

I'm actually not all that tall, but the people I'm usually around are pretty short, so they think I am and yes- the boob thing, I get that too.

23. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I know, I know.

It was just a lot to deal with.

24. Lydia

Lydia Contributor Contributor

Let's see... pff... the things people have mentioned to me... um, my hair, because I've got quite a lot of it, my small ears, my pale skin, my smile and the fact that I can talk A LOT. :rolleyes:

25. x_raichelle_x

x_raichelle_x New Member

Lol people used to say to me 'Did you find out what it is?' & I was like 'Urm, a baby I hope!'. They meant did I find out the sex, but it was just funny the way they phrased it.

About me, I don't know what they notice. I get 'Wow, you look like your mam / dad / sister' so much, I don't really get comments on me as an individual lol.

I'm know I'm known at work for my greediness:weight ratio haha. I used to have a Mcdonalds/Burger King/parmo/kebab/fish & chips for my dinner every day at work, & get comments like 'You could eat Big Mac & lose a stone!'. Made me wonder what they'd say if I was overweight & ate a salad every day? 'You could eat a carrot and put on a stone!' Hope not lol.

x