what made you chose your AVATAR picture and name?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cacian, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Cacian

Cacian Banned

haha...in year 9?? that's pretty young and gifted.
    so Banzai is made up.:)

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

I found the avatar amusing.

The name Steerpike comes from a character in Mervyn Peake's brilliant Gormenghast novels.

3. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Banzai is a Japanese word with a number of meanings. For example.

4. Cacian

Cacian Banned

I don't know this one ...I will look it up.
    these that keeps popping up like PUNK linked to shakespear who would have thought?!!in a figuartive speech of course..

back ot moniker I still do not understand how I can actually use it in a sentence..
    refering to the TRAMP I don't understand what they mean by mark do you?

5. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

'I have the internet moniker Lemex' there's a sentence.
    And a mark in the sense of the homeless tramp: to mark that he has been there. Some criminals still do it. It's mentioned in Home Alone when one of the criminals says they should leave the taps on in all the houses they visit to show they have been there.

6. topeka sal

topeka sal New Member

name: It was the first thing that popped into my head, I can't tell you why. I've never lived in Kansas and my name isn't Sal. Just liked the sound of it.

avatar: Gromit! What more can I say?

7. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

My user name was a character I enjoyed writing about a few years ago - and one who's probably going to get resurrected at some point in the near future.

The avatar comes from a website I frequent which does cartoon match reports of HTFC matches. The worm is one of the avatars Danny G designed for forums, and I've always liked it. I keep hoping he'll design some new avatars - a depressed HTFC-World worm would be nearer the mark for me at the moment. The site itself is class - he put up a report of the Walsall match from the other week. It's the only match report in the history of planet Earth to feature Pingu and a couple bonking in the South Stand.

8. Cacian

Cacian Banned

thank you being patient with me.
    I still don't understand the sentence.
    'I have the internet moniker Lemex' :redface:
    well I am all knew to marks lol...must look for these things more and as to taps being left on that is totally new to me too..I don't watch home alone.
    thank you for the information you have given me...it is a real eye opener:)

9. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

My avatar is just a random cute picture of an elephant. I love elephants and like to change it to a different elephant every now and again. As much as I love Elmer (my usual avatar), I have to give other elephants the spotlight sometimes.

My username is a word I like. It means beautiful thinking and is the shortest English word containing all five vowels.

10. Cacian

Cacian Banned

so topeka sal is an invented name..that is pretty cool and so is gromit:p

I love the name Dante Dases...very original.
    itis quite a clever avatar picture..lots of skills there..as I always say I wish I could draw.:p

11. Cacian

Cacian Banned

I did notice the avatar..you have to thanks the genius behind the idea...so weird but in jurky way...LOL
    Mervyn Peake's never come across before...gormenghast is quite a word indeed.

it cute the story of the elephants..and I never knew about the shortest words in English containing all five vowels..how amasing.
    by the look of it it just does not strike me as English because of the way it is spelt.:)

12. spklvr

spklvr Contributor Contributor

Username: It's spikelover without vowels. It used to be my email address (I'm a Buffy fan), and some site suggested it should be my username and I just went, meh, and it has since been my username everywhere, and it was seven years ago. If you see a spklvr or spklvr12, it's most likely me.

Avatar: It's Dean Winchester! Why NOT have him as my avatar? And I love that expression on his face.

13. Lindale

Lindale New Member

My name was given to me by a friend years ago. He had rather a knack for coming up with strange and unusual names for those around him, but yet, in a strange way, they all made sense.

As for my avatar, those who know well me would expect nothing short of Star Wars.

14. Lost_in_Thought

Lost_in_Thought New Member

I use to live in a Igloo, but it melted :)
    My Username: It fits me like a glove, I'm known to zone out and starting tinking about random ideas for stories. For Example: today I had a science test, half way through it I suddenly start looking at the wall beside me. Then I notice most of the people were done their test already so I started back to work (kinda It was hard to get this idea off my mind) I was the last one done as always. And do you know what made me mad? This guy afterwards was like, 'Did you have trouble on the test, you must of failed it I'm guessing' (uber-rude, I know) I was like ready to slap him in the face, "just because it took me forever doesn't mean I **** failed' i told him. I' so going to show him show him up next monday when I get my test back.

Now the Picture: Idk I just like it, It's nerdy and cute, its cerdy, or nutey, or whatever you want to call it. And If I was anime I would want to look like that

15. Quezacotl

Quezacotl New Member

Avatar: I simply had to use it. A top hat and monocle on Fluttershy is just beyond adorable.

Username: I usually go by Que, I added on the zacotl to make it harder to involve in rhyme. I'm generally a quirky person who is more than willing to crack a joke, often at the worst of times. Thus, a good Trekkie friend of mine insisted on calling me Q. I added on the 'ue' for the usual three-character limit.

16. FoxPaw

FoxPaw New Member

This whole time I thought you got it from a Final Fantasy 8 (game) summon! My favorite game!

[​IMG]

Picture from Final Fantasy wiki.

... My inner gamer geek is showing, isn't it? -tries to hide it- >_<

17. Cacian

Cacian Banned

interesting ideas you have there Lost_in_Thought.
    hope you do get a good grade in science.:)
    it is quite an interesting avatar I have to admit. I did notice it.
    in terms of avatar name I am the opposite I like my name to float better!

18. Lavender Soda

Lavender Soda New Member

Yes, it's a fizzy drink. It tastes nasty when it's warm, but it's a lot better when it's cold...much like any drink.
    Plus, it's a pretty lavender color and smells like lavender, too!
    It also kind of tastes a touch flowery.

19. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

my avatar: wishful thinking!

my name: my state of being, as i'm a 'mamma' of 7 [-going on thousands, if you count mentees] and my name is 'maia'...

20. Quezacotl

Quezacotl New Member

doublepost.

21. Quezacotl

Quezacotl New Member

To be fair, that was my Avatar for the longest time xD.
    Don't worry, let you inner gamer geek strut his stuff.

22. Protar

Protar Active Member

@Cacian.
    WoT stands for Wheel Of Time. It's a series of epic fantasy books. Not the best in the world I'll be honest but passable and the pic was just too epic to pass up.

23. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

My avatar (as of right now): An image of chibi Helen Chert (my sci-fi protag) sleeping on a bed. I chose it because I was bored and decided to draw her sleeping on MS paint. Plus, I like to think she's sleeping b/c she's tired of waiting around for me to write about her. :p Something of a subtle self-mockery on my part.

My name: I love the Zelda games.

24. Blackwood

Blackwood New Member

Name...because it's my surname and I can't think of something more creative.

Picture...It's a screen-grab from a Super 8 film I made. I do Urbex as a hobby (Exploring abandoned and derelict places for those who don't know) and I made this small documentary about this abandoned mine.

Really good thread idea by the way :)

25. Cacian

Cacian Banned

Oh I see. it sounds familiar. Great pic indeed!!

chibi Helen Chert is that a creation name of yours and did you draw the picture yourself?

hey what what a brilliant thing to do filming derelict mines...it must be a real minefield of a hobby ..the no entry pic is very powerfull.
    glad you like the thread:p