What Scares You The Most?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by HellOnEarth, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike R

Mike R New Member

I havn't got any irrational fears. Nothing that keeps me from doing things or occupies my thoughts. Obviously I'd rather not drown or fall off a cliff. Maybe being unable to save a loved one, I sometimes have dreams about that sort of thing.

Using your fears in stories is a good thing. Who better to describe an encounter with ________ than someone who fears it.

Mike

2. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

I fear repeating myself when I get to old age.

Hint Mike ;)

3. Mike R

Mike R New Member

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I tried to edit and ment stupid. I tried to edit and went stupid. I tried to edit and went stupid.

Mike, Mike, Mike

4. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    No major irrational fears. Not a fan of heights, closed in places, deep deep water, etc, but I still enjoy climbing, boating, and would like to explore a cave.

What really terrifies me is the thought of losing my mind. Not psychologically, but suffering some brain trauma that leaves me mentally retarded. I rely on my mind so much, that the thought of not being able to read a book, or recall some useless fact I learned years ago, is the most frightening thing I can think of.

Well that and the thought of any future children, or wife I might have getting a long drawn out fatal illness. But this fear is a lot more distant, and not a concern for me as of yet.

5. Sapphire

Sapphire New Member

Wow, there are three things that scare me the most. One of them is self-explanatory, but I will tell you why I fear these things.

1) Spiders: I fear spiders due to the fact that my dad used to try and scare me with them when I was a kid. And there was another instance where I was in the bathroom and I didn't notice it until I, for some reason, looked over into the corner of the bathroom. A big, huge ass wolf spider was on the wall. I mean...maybe a little bigger than a baseball. It scared the shit out of me, so since then, no matter how big the spider, I will never touch or kill one.

2) Being alone: Being alone in the future has always been a great fear of mine. I look at my friends and people around me, seeing them having someone by their side, holding their hand, being able to talk to them about whatever. I haven't had that since eighth grade, and I fear that it will never happen. My parents keep saying 'wait until college', but I think I'm not going to find one even there, but only time will tell, and time plays an important role for this fear.

3) What lies after death: There is all of these religions around the world saying that there are certain ways to heaven like...how Christian's say God, Buddhists say Buddha, Hindu's say all of these random Gods, and so on. How can we be sure that any of these great beings are real, and if there is really a Heaven or Hell? I am a true believer in Christ and in Heaven, but I fear that my beliefs may be futile after death. I fear that when I die, my whole world will just shut off, and I'll rest in a coffin for all eternity in total darkness.

Those are my three top fears. Hope they are understandable.

6. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

I think you're actually agreeing with Crazy Ivan here although you're npt seeing it.

Ivan meant more to do with culture that changes with each generation:
    Influential music
    Television
    Cinema
    Politics
    Post war
    Education standards
    etc

All these things change and evolve with each successive generation. What is considered okay today was not in past generations.
    What people thought was innocent in the way the world was handled only now are we seeing repercussions today (such as climate being one of the things causing headaches everywhere)

It wasn't that many centuries ago that war was seen as an idealistic tool of politics and even turned many into heroes. Now look at it.

It's about attitudes and outlooks. These things define the changes in a generation and not necessarily anything to do with a biological change within the gene pool.

7. Adriano Mezzo

Adriano Mezzo New Member

Things that I don't see coming, like out of the dark, big spiders, drowning/suffocating and being trapped in somewhere small with alot of bugs...

8. Headhoncho21

Headhoncho21 New Member

Hieghts, small spaces, and spiders... Eugh.

9. AeroDillo

AeroDillo New Member

The UN or the US Congress. Take your pick.

10. Sapphire

Sapphire New Member

^

US Congress all the way.

11. Nexus

Nexus New Member

SPIDERS

What else is as scary as something big and hairy with poison fangs and the ability to zip across almost any surface almost instantly!!!!!

12. IW-Cavalier

IW-Cavalier New Member

US Congress is worse than UN! UN just sits there and pretends to be solving problems. But I don't find either that intimidating. Parliament would be scarier. It's like Congress with a two drink minimum.

Uhh...more than anything, letting down the people who care about me the most, more my friends than anything. By there standards I can't let them down, cuz they have this unconditional and somewhat irrational love and respect for me (for which I am ever greatful) but I haven't always done right by them.

And I have to agree with Nexus that spiders are nasty little motherfuckers but I hate them more than I'm scared of them.

13. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

You wanna know something? Pollies have to so hard, damned if you do, damned if you don't! Not that I'm a massive supporter, just trying to see it from their side... whichever side that may be...

Oh and what else scares me? dobermans or rotweilers! :(

14. MeredithHans

MeredithHans New Member

Well, if you'd want to kill me, all you'd have to do would be: make me stand on a bridge for over ten minutes, throw a spider at me and yell "marriage". That would pretty much do it.

Juuuuust kidding,:rolleyes:

...or not >_>"

15. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

lol too funny

16. Handguns For Hearts

Handguns For Hearts New Member

The possibility of failure.

And thinking about worms crawling out of my eyes.
    O_O

17. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

When you have a stalker and they send you 700 text messages in one day and also ring you 200 times that same day...............
    That is what scares me the most

Torana

18. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

drowning-heights-my daughter being kidnapped and me never finding her-and the unknown

19. Vroom Vroom Daddy

Vroom Vroom Daddy New Member

Death doesn't scare me, I've been close to it on a few occasions. (Not something I enjoyed but it happened). What scares me the most is being helpless, a couple of years back I had a bad crash and ended up not being able to walk for a few months. I couldn't even take a bath by myself and I had to "plan" bathroom trips in advance because it was an ordeal for me to get there. Thank God I have the best wife in the world. But I still was terrified that that was the state I would live the rest of my days in, sitting in a chair waiting for someone else to bring me food or water because I was unable to do it myself.

20. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

harsh

21. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    That is scary.

22. Misstikal

Misstikal Banned

creepy crawlies..hate creepy crawlies

23. HellOnEarth

HellOnEarth Banned

wordwizard, is harsh your favorite word?

and why don't you add me on your my space?

What does a guy have to do get some loving around here??

24. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

I fear fear.
    I hate hate.

I'm afraid of being alone.

25. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

Nope harsh isnt my favorite word. and didnt know you added me to myspace. didnt go on recently. try me again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.