1. Cacian

Cacian Banned

What Would You Ask?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Cacian, Jan 23, 2012.

My next plot for my story is this

Meeting with God.

My intention is to write a plot about a city that prepares to meet with God but in order to be seen they have to have a question to ask.

what questions would you ask if you bumped into God?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

It's your story. YOU should come up with the questions, and what you think the answers would be.

Exercise your imagination.

3. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

I think if people were to literally, actually meet with God, in real life, a lot of them would be concerned about the state of their spirit...i.e. would they be able to get into heaven, and if not, what do they need to change to get there...that kind of thing. People who don't believe in God in real life just see heaven/hell as akin to Santa Clause, so it can't really scare them, but if God is real and they knew it, then they'd be concerned about afterlife stuff.

People would be excited and full of wonder, too, I'm sure, but there would probably be a lot of fear and worry mixed in, too, at least for a lot of people. Fear of the unknown, and fear of something far more powerful than us.

1 person likes this.
  4. Kesteven

Kesteven New Member

Certainly there's a lot of questions I'd like to have answered by an omniscient being. But if we're talking about the actual Abrahamic deity that rather changes things, since being basically an atheist/agnostic it would require some pretty radical rethinking of my metaphysics. Basically as Mallory says, just meeting god would answer a lot of questions in itself, and raise many I hadn't considered relevant, and yes the fate of my immortal soul (and whether I have an immortal soul, the bible is pretty conflicted on the subject) would probably be pretty high up there.

Still though, 'what mode of living is in humanity's collective self-interest' seems like one that's pretty hard to go wrong with, since self-interest also includes the consequences of eternal damnation and soforth.

That's just to take advantage of the practical opportunity, though. If it were a case of pure curiosity, I think I'd ask 'What do you want?'.

1 person likes this.
  5. Cacian

Cacian Banned

This never crossed mymind poeple would be scared of something as powerful as God.
    So I am better making this god comes across as anyone then, less scary I guess.
    The worry is that poeple would associate power with fear so would a kind/normal type of God appeal is a good question.
    Thanks for that Mallory. You raisde good points there for me to think about.

I do not understand what you mean by that...Kesteven

This is quite a good one thanks!
    do you mean to ask what are you here for on earth you mean?

6. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

I guess my first question would be, "Are you really God?"

He'd say yes.

I would then gesture around at the universe in general and ask, "Seriously, dude, is this the best you could do?"