What would you do if you were one of the last people on Earth?

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Bobby Burrows, Apr 17, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Turn off the lights.

2. J.T. Woody

J.T. Woody Book Witch Contributor

I'm pretty sure surviving on my own wouldnt be an issue, in terms of scavenging. I dont think i could actively hunt something (I tried throwing a spear and found that my aim is crap; spear had enough force, it just kept going too far to the right!). I can build traps and what not. I've never intentionally killed something, so that might be an issue.

My biggest thing would be people. i am an introvert... being around people for an extended period of time makes me exhausted. I have to force myself to be social and go out with people, even though i like them alot and love talking to them. It never used to be that way with me.
    I actually LOVE people. my profession allows me to work with the public. Despite being an introvert, I hate being alone or doing things alone. i hate going to the movies alone, i hate going on walks alone. I hate going to the gym alone. I hate living alone (as i have been for the past week while my husbands away for annual training). I'd rather be doing nothing WITH someone rather than doing nothing by myself. Even if no one talks, just having someone there makes me happy.
    If I was the only one in the world.... I'd kill myself.

GaMeFreakJ likes this.
  3. Glen Barrington

Glen Barrington Senior Member

I'd go to a Library to read until my glasses broke. . .

matwoolf and GaMeFreakJ like this.
  4. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

Loot. Get myself some new duds and a few bottles, watch the sunset and wait for oblivion.

GaMeFreakJ likes this.
  5. J.T. Woody

J.T. Woody Book Witch Contributor

What i've found by watching disaster, dystopian movies and tv is that people are not kind when there are limited resources (people being a resource). People can be cruel when they are desperate.
    Despite me liking people and yearning for people, i would not seek out survivors...

The Dapper Hooligan likes this.
  6. Nesian

Nesian Active Member

I'm in my old neighbourhood running MacDonald's with what's left in stock until I move onto the next MacDonald's. During my very long breaks since I'm my only customer, I watch DVD's in random people's homes that are solar powered. After at least 5 years of freedom alone time I decide to go in search of other survivors but not before I visit the local Military stockade for supplies just in case the survivors decided to live their days out eating other people because they went savage before going to the local Supermarket.

7. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

Two things - I'd loot a selection of short-wave radios, and also I would head down the marina for collecting a beautiful 35 footer. I'd tune up the radio and catch the signal from Bikini Atoll, set sail. I would become increasingly excited on the journey.

As I pull into the harbour of Bikini Atoll I notice the disappointment on all the faces of the young characters.

'Fakk off you old prick,' says the chief, so I re-tune and sail away toward Florida maybe? After Florida, final chapter...only the old Nazis of Uruguay are remaining, and they accept me in some grand irony, even in my beret.

8. Baeraad

Baeraad Senior Member

If I couldn't find any other survivors, probably go insane and die from neglect. As embarrassing as it is to admit, I need other people. I just don't see the point of anything if it doesn't in some way involve other people.

If I could find a band of survivors? Well, bright side - with humanity at the brink of extinction, having children would actually seem like a worthwhile activity to me, so I'd finally be on the same page as everyone else. And being very nearly the last man on Earth, maybe someone would actually want to mate with me, who knows. :p I doubt I have much use either genetically or as a provider, but I could at least give it a shot. I doubt I'd be much of a hunter, but perhaps I could learn to be a decent gatherer (or scavenger, as the case may be).

Some Guy likes this.