What Would Your MC Do? (part II)

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Simpson17866, Mar 7, 2017.

1. rktho

rktho Contributor Contributor

Oh right. If your MC wrote a fiction novel, what would it be about?

2. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Alec: I would write a Swords and Sorcery novel about the same things as the best D&D campaign I ever ran: a group of heroes led by a Half-Orc would discover that a band of human villains were trying to exterminate an Orc village and steal their stuff. I'm Lawful Evil, but bigotry's not a kind of evil that I'm down with.

Charlie: Criminal mastermind running a drug ring. Write what you know, right?

Amy: I would write a military thriller about a Special Forces team with the leeway to make their own decisions with very little intrusion and red tape, and I would make it clear that PTSD is a disease and that wounded warriors should be allowed to seek treatment. Not forced to go at it on their own because they've been convinced that therapy is a sign of "weakness."

What childhood escapade is your MC most embarrassed to remember?

zoupskim likes this.
  3. rktho

Dav: I was twenty-two and had a crush on this wyvern named Narta and I was very bad at hiding it. That's all I'm willing to disclose.

4. Simpson17866

Lea`Brooks likes this.
  5. rktho

Ah, shoot, I keep forgetting to do that! What would your character be like in an ancient setting? Or, if their story is set in an ancient period, what would they be like in a modern or futuristic setting?

zoupskim likes this.
  6. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

All of my characters would take it as a great opportunity to get close before eviscerating him.

Duster : Keep your friends close and your enemies closer is terrible advice, if you want to survive keep your friends close, and freeze your enemies before putting them through a wood chipper at the local pigfarm

(no question posed as someone above got there first)

7. Flashfire07

Flashfire07 Active Member

What would your character be like in an ancient setting? Or, if their story is set in an ancient period, what would they be like in a modern or futuristic setting?

Greyson would be much the same as he currently is. He'd still be a 'good soldier', still unable to choose his own path, still looking for an order to follow. The drinking, brawling and flirting with anything with two legs would be unchanged. His choice of weapons would probably be the only real thing that changes, instead of a machete and handgun he'd probably just use whatever hand weapon was available, probably an axe to take advantage of his physical strength and size.

Question for next poster: How does your character feel about caste based social structures? Are they beneficial? Why/Why not?

8. Skye Walker

Skye Walker Banned

I'm so sorry, but when I read this, I had a mental image of your character (tall guy in full armor here) just leaning on a fence and flirting with the chickens :supergrin:

"Give me your eggs, little lady :supercheeky:"

(ignore this trash I'm sorry XD)

S A Lee, rktho and Fernando.C like this.
  9. Simpson17866

Alec: Fuck that. If I'm in one "caste" and my best friend is in a different one, I'm gonna put real loyalty to my friend over fake loyalty to other people of the same "caste" as me any day of the week.

Charlie: As long as my friends and I aren't getting hurt, I can get used to anything.

Amy: I'm a Chaotic Evil serial killer. If you try to tell me to do something that I don't want to do, then you had better be a damn good personal friend of mine, and you'd better be able to convince me that you know what you're doing more than I do. If all you're doing is trying to make yourself feel powerful, you're gonna get hurt.

What song/movie/novel/series... does your MC not want other people to know that they love?

10. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Captain Helen Chert: "Tides of the Dragon. It's just a typical teen fantasy/romance, but I love reading it. I don't care how horrid the writing is, how stale and cliched it is. I love it, and that's what counts."
    Mishu Jerni: "The Orc Chronicles. Your typical 'Chosen Hero' story but with orcs, and the main character's father is the main villain."
    Kimberly Miggs: "...Frozen. Yes, the Disney movie."

Your MC just found out you described their movement as "breasted boobidly". How does he/she respond?

Robert Musil likes this.
  11. rktho

Gazi, a dragoness: (looks at her nippless pectorals in confusion) What are boobs?

12. Simpson17866

@rktho Next?

Cave Troll likes this.
  13. rktho

Gah! I always forget!
    If your main character switched places with a real person in history, how would history be changed if they played that person's role? (Example: if Harry Potter was George Washington, how would the American Revolution turn out?)

14. S A Lee

S A Lee Contributor Contributor

Dragomir: The easiest one that comes to mind is that if I were Frederick Abberline Jack the Ripper would've been caught. Investigating such things on a higher level than humans is my stock and trade after all.

If they had to choose, what genre and role of a movie or play would your MC appear in?

15. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Mishu Jerni: "I always wanted to be in a swashbuckling seafaring adventure as a pirate captain."

Helen Chert: "Hmm...I think I rather like where I am."

Amos Garnier: "Easy, a soldier fighting in a history play."

Kevin McKinley: "An assassin clad in black leather in a Medieval Fantasy."

Mike Wolfletter: "A romance." <beat> "What? Screw you!!"

If your character could start all over again, what would they repeat and what would they do?

16. rktho

It's funny because my characters do start over again from where the first book begins. Timey-wimey wibbly wobbly stuff. They intend to repeat the events of the first book over but faster because they now have the experience, but Zarakharn, the villain, sees to it that things take an unavoidable turn away from such events, causing the crystal from the first book to become a McGuffin as they fight for something greater.

If your character could choose an actor to play them in a film adaption of their life, who would they choose? (Note: this is who they would choose, not you. This is of course assuming they are familiar with real-world, human actors.)

17. Miscellaneous Worker

Miscellaneous Worker Member

Crossten: I always felt basic... and Tom Cruise is basic... Does that work? I'd say it does.

Vincent Greenfield: You cannot play the role of superior dialogue and actions. Ok, fine, Daniel Radcliffe with like ten more years added.

Michael Reeves: I'm based on somebody who can't even talk, what sort of question is this? Hell, you could have Shakespeare play me and it wouldn't matter, ya never gonna see my face anyway, kids.

Your MC sees an unconscious man on the road while traveling in whatever method they prefer most. What do they do?

18. MusingWordsmith

MusingWordsmith Shenanigan Master Contributor

Fredrick: "Check it out, see if it it's likely to be a trap. If it's not, stop and try to help him. If it is, avoid him."

Jason: "Depends. If I'm alone I wouldn't, but if someone was with me I'd let them go investigate."

Sharon: "If it was up to me, I'd leave him. Wouldn't try to stop anyone that wanted to help though."

What's your MC's favorite way to waste time?

19. Simpson17866

Alec: I'm probably never going to play Dungeons and Dragons again - Charlie tried it once, but she said it was boring, and Amy loves it but it's not the same with only one other player - but I've been known to spend hours reading the splat books for different editions' canon just in case I meet new people someday that Amy and I can game with.

Charlie: Internet girl-on-girl videos. Rough.

Amy: Seeing what new nation I can use on Civilization III to wipe my enemies off of the face of the Earth. China has always been my go-to in the initial version, but then the Byzantines were introduced in the expansions, and it is just so beautiful to achieve a military victory as a nation that hasn't been officially categorized as militaristic. Maybe I should play as India next, see if I can get enough nuclear weapons to kill everybody else at once...

What childhood interest/obsession is your MC the most embarrassed to have originally enjoyed?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  20. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributor Contributor

Boys.

But seriously, I used to spend too much time worrying about what to say to my boyfriend, when to say it, thinking about why he liked me, and who we should spent time with. After the war, if I saw him now, I'd just grab him and we'd go out to eat somewhere and fuck a bunch. No time to waste, no bullshit, we'd just do things. I'd forgive him for all his faults, because who the fuck cares?

Your MC learn the company they work for is offering a substantially better job in another country/planet/dimension/kingdom, and as asking for volunteers for the position. They'd be displaced, would be totally new to the land, and would leave whatever or whoever was at home behind. What do they do?

21. rktho

Zarakharn: I am the emperor. What better position is there? Ruling the entire world? I'm already working on that, thank you.

Ginzaekh: Um... I don't think so. I like it where I am.

Gazi: I don't really want to leave. I have too many friends here.

Zash: Yes! I'd be making so much money-- wait, I'd have to leave? ...Can Ginzaekh and Gazi come too?

Dav: Wouldn't be the first time. We move nearly every two years.
    Wait, alone? Well, that's different then, isn't it.

Nat: Yes! Come on, let's go then. This'll be fun! Wait, when you said whoever was at home, did you mean my family too? And they were going to be so excited... Never mind, I'm staying.

If your character played the Doctor, what would they be like?

22. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Marckus: If it can't be fixed with basic field bandaging, or with a lighter and pen. Then you are pretty fucked.

Graxis: Ha, ha, ha...Uh...Only have basic field med skills. Chances are if I can't drag you back to a medical
    tent, you might just die.

Corlixia: I am an excellent field medic and surgeon. I may not save all my patients, but I try my best to keep
    them from dying.

If your MC is their friends lawyer, how well/ill would they be at defending them?

23. Odile_Blud

Odile_Blud Active Member

They'd definitely try their best, but I don't think any of the three of them have any business being a lawyer. They definitely look out for each other, but their a bit hot headed and usually too doped up on pot to try and defend someone in a court setting. Probably not the best witnesses either, lol.

Your MC's best friends are in a fight. Does your MC jump in to help? Or what would they do?

24. rktho

Ginzaekh: Absolutely. Nobody treats my friends like that!
    Gazi: Of course, they're my friends!
    Zash: Yes! [gets tail whooped] Maybe not.
    Dav: Nobody attacks my friends on my watch.
    Nat: I'd try to pull them out of it as fast as possible and run. Or tell them to run while I deal with the enemy myself.
    Khazardi: [immediately punches aggressor in face, starts to walk away and whips around with a magic blast if he hears them get up]
    Zarakharn: I'd certainly help my allies... It wouldn't be advantageous to lose them. If someone attacked Sartigar I would kill them on the spot. If someone attacked Kharda... he'd either be dead from defenseless or too obese to injure.
    Your MC switches bodies with their nemesis for 24 hours. What does your MC do (and what does their nemesis do?)

25. Pinkymcfiddle

Pinkymcfiddle Banned

bless you