What Would Your MC Do? (part II)

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Simpson17866, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

D&D nerds. I'm Chaotic Neutral :cool:

Alec: I hung out with the scifi/fantasy crowd in high school enough to pick up some real-world science here and there, but I ain't some kind of genius. I'm all street smarts, not a ton of book smarts.

Charlie: I was tutoring my high school brothers in chemistry when I was 12.

Amy: Not really, now that you mention it. Huh.

... and this one's for Oscar :p What hobbies/interests does your MC like to reference in casual conversation?

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  2. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

Isaiah- "Hookers and blow. Okay, I'll be serious. I suppose I have an interest in philosophy. And I kinda like history."

Is your MC good at first impressions?

3. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Stephen: *holds his hat nervously* Well I'd say- *trips over a rucked up carpet* no.

How would your MC react if someone challenged them to a duel (a pistol duel I might add)?

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  4. Oscar Leigh

Isaiah-"I don't really want to fight without a reason. Too much mess just makes things worse. Also, I don't have a gun license soo..."

5. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Marckus: I will make short work of this.

Graxis: Why not a sword duel? It will truly prove who is the better combatant.

Corlixia: (In war-frame with a light coil field gun) Mercury core slug will make a mess of things for you.

Your MC has 24hrs to live, what do they do?

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  6. Oscar Leigh

Isaiah- "I'm gonna go with a whole lot of sex and alcohol. Maybe see a few places I guess. No Xandiel, I'm not talking to them. I'll find someone I owe a favour or something. Will that make you happy? Oh come on what's the point? I'll talk to my sister. I haven't seen her in a while and I actually like her. And maybe Aunty Mary. I think she's living in Melbourne."

How would your MC prefer to die?

7. JPClyde

JPClyde Senior Member

Ignace: "Preferably not mauled by an animal. Either by my own stupidity misjudging the height of a jump or in my sleep the natural way."

Signore: "Pfft in battle"

Michel: "When I am old. Peacefully."

Your MC has just seen a ghost, what is their reaction?

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  8. Oscar Leigh

Isaiah- "Oh, another one? What are you hanging around for? Let me guess; looking for your missing lesbian lover? Aw, I was hoping for something juicy."

What's your MC's biggest fear?

JPClyde likes this.
  9. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Alec: Letting my friends down because I ain't got what it takes to protect them.

Charlie: Not knowing something important.

Amy: I'd like to say that I don't have anything to fear but fear itself, but I've been having panic attacks and post traumatic flashbacks ever since I was 15, so clearly I've got a lot more fear to be afraid of than most people. Throwing in what Alec said, the prospect of a panic attack or a flashback on its own doesn't scare me as much as my friends getting hurt because I was in the middle of an attack when they needed me the most. Worse, me being the one to hurt them because I can't tell the difference between what's real and what isn't.

Almost as bad as hurting my friends and/or not being able to stop someone else from hurting them: my baby brother finding out that I'm the country's most notorious serial killer.

How many times has your MC changed their mind about something important to them?

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  10. JPClyde

JPClyde Senior Member

Ignace: "When I do find my mind. I'll let you know."

Signore: "None. When I set my priority I set my priority, no questions asked."

Michel: "I weigh all of the options and I go with the one I feel is the most logical, unless new information arises that tells me otherwise. So the answer is really depending on how informed I am of what I find important to me. And very few and very little is important to me."

Your MC has a hangover plot. How would they react? And what they do after a bender?

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  11. Damien Loveshaft

Damien Loveshaft Active Member

Giacomo DeLuca: "O-oh God, No, Not again. I need to stop astral projecting when I get high." He rolls over and takes a swig of laudanum and shoos off whoever he slept with last night.

Cecil DeLuca: "Yeah, those Mi-go are fun guys! They let me use their guns! It was like something out of a science fiction novel. I can't wait to go again. What? I'm not crazy; I'm enlightened. Leave me alone."

What would your character do if their most deeply held belief turned out to be a lie?

12. MythMachine

MythMachine Active Member

Treilin:
    "It not lie. Cannot be lie. I do not accept this. I make it truth! Ghaahh! This make me hungry!" (Everything makes her hungry....)

Ombo: "I don't hold belief in anything but what I see with my eyes and grasp in my arms. Would that then make everything a lie?"

Your main character has been infected with a dangerous and excruciating disease, so do they fight it or let it consume them?

13. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Marckus and Graxis would fight it, even if that meant being
    hold up in hospital for a while.
    Corlixia is pretty much immune to everything in universe
    disease and infection wise, so it would be little more than
    the equivalent to having a cold at worst.

Your MC(s) wakes up strapped to a metal slab on an alien ship, and from what little they can see
    are large jars filled with skulls with eyes and spinal columns looking at them. What do they do?
    (FYI, the heads in jars are still alive).

14. S A Lee

S A Lee Contributor Contributor

Dragomir: I have two crow familiars who can appear wherever I am, they'd be able to get me loose and then I'd get some answers. After all, you did say strapped, which would allude to some kind of leather or rope, not shackled.

How would your MC deal with Jehovah's witnesses/Mormons?

15. EstherMayRose

EstherMayRose Gay Souffle Contributor

Vanna would let her Mum sort it. She would politely but firmly say that they weren't interested, and shut the door.

How long would it take your MC to solve a Rubik's cube/give up?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  16. MusingWordsmith

MusingWordsmith Shenanigan Master Contributor

Faris wouldn't bother. His species is pretty color-blind, so he couldn't see it well enough to try to figure it out.

Shiloh is the same species, but she'd have Jason help her figure out some way to work around that. She and Jason would team up, which would lead to quite a bit of bickering. She'd quickly get bored of it, but Jason would be fiddling with it off and on for a long time. He'd drag her into helping him out now and then until they either manage to solve it, or Shiloh gets fed up and breaks it.

Mahuru knows the trick to solving Rubik's cubes, she'd solve it shortly and grin smugly at the teenagers.

What is (or would be) your character's favorite movie genre?

17. archer88i

archer88i Banned Contributor

I'm betting Grier's favorite movie genre would be war films, because she enjoys the stark sort of presentation of the best and worst in all of us. She also likes men who act like men, I think, but she probably wouldn't admit to that.

How does your main character respond to junk mail?

18. rktho

rktho Contributor Contributor

Woppo: Hack the sender and infect it with a flesh-eating computer virus.
    Bart: [donates two thousand dollars to Nigerian Prince]
    [signs petitions with no idea what they're about]
    [buys everything he sees in an ad]
    Fred: Save a copy for research.
    Monica: Ooh! There are singles in my area! I wonder what fancy restaurants they like! We could go to McDonald's or Pizza Hut or Taco Bell or the IHOP or IKEA or Walmart...

How does you MC win back lost friends?

19. NoItsBecky

NoItsBecky Senior Member

Jade: My charming personality. (laughs) Yeah, no. It depends on how I lost them. I guess I could use my charming personality...
    Cara: I've never had to, but in the event that I did, I'd probably draw them something. Nothing says 'I care about you' like working for hours on something just for them. Oh! I should do that for Jade for their birthday!
    Isabel: I don't. Friends are overrated.

How does your MC study for a test?

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  20. EstherMayRose

Vanna: Get your friends to spring questions on you at random moments. "I'm looking forward to the lacrosse match tomorrow. Vanna, what year was the Battle of Bosworth?"

Ophelia: Constant repetition. Nothing like it?

Jasmine: Tests? You're supposed to revise for those?

Does/Would your MC ever think it's "too cold for ice cream"?

21. rktho

rktho Contributor Contributor

Woppo: Sometimes, I give children ice cream from a truck in the winter and watch their brains freeze.
    Bart: There's a time that's too cold for ice cream? When is it?
    Fred: It seems that culturally, humans prefer their meals to be in direct contrast to the external temperature of their environment.
    Monica: Oh, yes. Ice cream is much more exquisite in warmer weather. [has no idea what he's talking about and is secretly disappointed that he might not be able to eat ice cream whenever he wants]

How would two sets of MCs from your WIPs and publications react to each other?

Cave Troll and Simpson17866 like this.
  22. EstherMayRose

Contrary to their behaviour in the Character Chatroom, I think the side of Elsie usually displayed to the public would cause Vanna to hate her on sight. Elsie would likewise quickly grow to hate Vanna. Since they both have bad tempers, copious hurling of insults would most likely follow.

What kind of clothes does your MC prefer? Do they follow fashion or prefer to develop their own style?

rktho and Fernando.C like this.
  23. Night Herald

Night Herald The Fool Contributor

Iespher: Whatever is at hand, which usually means the best stuff he can steal at a given time. Need not be fancy, so long as it stands up to hard use.

Lithiel: Pre-exile: Only the very best and most fashionable in gowns and dresses. Preferrably purple. Post-exile: An eccentric riot of talismans, heirlooms, and keepsakes + Roguewearâ„¢ + outrageous hairstyles and dyes.

Theodric: Disheveled uniform around camp, heavy armor whenever there's a frontline this side of the horizon, nice and tidy uniform when conducting company business.

Morrion: Loose-fitting robes, no underwear. The robes are optional. Doesn't fully comprehend the concept of "clothes", much less the nebulous beast that is fashion. Would not care either way.

Eden Rei:
    Thick cloak, light-to-medium armor, boots made for walkin'. Cares nothing for style, only function.

Eki Rei: Hand-me-downs from his older brother and his twin, mostly. Whatever keeps the cold out, which usually means wearing his entire wardrobe at once.

I haven't been following the thread, so pardon me if this one has been used:

How does your MC(s), ideally, unwind after an intensely stressful situation or period?

24. Shenanigator

Shenanigator Has the Vocabulary of a Well-Educated Sailor. Contributor

Alexei: Do you really want to know this? Are there ladies present? Sex. What can I tell you, I'm a sexual guy! Before I met Katherine I'd call up one of "the regulars." That, and a lot of Stolichnaya vodka went missing. Now, not so much alcohol. A glass of wine by the fire with Katherine, maybe.

Katherine: Relaxing in front of the fire with Alexei. Or talking about whatever it is. There's nothing you can't talk about with Alexei. Nothing fazes him.

I haven't read all the pages of the thread, so pardon me if this one has been used, but Alexei's a musician, so...

What is your MC's favorite music? And, why?

(edited because I originally typed "phases" instead of "fazes", also added the why)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  25. EstherMayRose

Vanna likes rock music. People like Franz Ferdinand, the Arctic Monkeys, the Kaiser Chiefs, Blondie etc. She likes it because she finds it fun and rowdy and she likes to be able to play songs like that on her guitar. No-one else really cares for music.

How many languages does your MC speak (besides their own), what are they, and where did they learn them?