1. eamjr

eamjr New Member

Whats up? Im new

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by eamjr, Oct 1, 2007.

Hey whats up board? I would like to introduce myself (for those who care) I am originally from Texas, but currently I am in Balad, Iraq serving with the 144 Infantry and the 101st. In my free time I enjoy reading and I am currently writing my Horror Short Story. I enjoy writing a lot, im just not sure if im good or not lol. So I thought I would come to this site and try to sharpen my skills, and learn from other writers.

2. dushechka

dushechka New Member

Hello there.
    Welcome to the forums. : )

3. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Welcome! I hope you like it here. And yes, many care, so don't feel isolated and if you do drop in a pm. Adn remember, ask for help! It's a necessity.

4. wordweaver

wordweaver New Member

Welcome. :)

I am new myself, only a few days old actually. ;) Am enjoying WF so far, hope you find the same.

5. poempedlar

poempedlar New Member

We Do Care

Hi, we do care. You joined the right forum. You will get lots of advice and help from the members and make new friends too. Poetry is mostly my bag and you will find a couple of amusing poems under poempedlar. Look forward to seeing your work.

6. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

poempedlar is right, of course we care! You've come to the right place to share your undoubted talent - we have many knowledgeable members from whom you can learn but more importantly also reciprocally help with your experiences. See you around the site, and any questions don't hesitate to ask!

7. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hi there and welcome to the forum. It is most wonderful of you to join us here at WF.org.
    I do so hope that you have a most pleasant time here with all of us and find that the site helps you with your writing endeavours.
    If you ever have any questions at all, feel free to ask any one of us as we are all more than happy to help out.
    Take care and enjoy, see you around the boards.

Torana

8. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Hey, welcome to the forums :)
    I'm new here too.

9. chloe.spencer

chloe.spencer New Member

Welcome to WF, eamjr. =)

10. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Hey there! Have another, albeit belated, welcome from me, lol. Hope you're settling in alright :)

11. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello eamjr, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room on this site, therefore, is a true workshop, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

12. daisyfly

daisyfly New Member

Hey E. How long have you been in Bagdad? Have you posted any pieces on here yet? I actually just joined this forum today and, like you, am trying to hone my skills by bouncing my ideas off of the group. Good luck with your story - I always love a good horror tale.

Take care.