What's your current project?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Shreyass, Jan 5, 2008.

1. CharlieTheUnicorn13

CharlieTheUnicorn13 New Member

Somewhere in this universe... Is there some reason
    I'm working on a sci-fi novel. Trying to finish chapter one, but it's going really slow. That's okay, though. I'd rather have something of good quality that took me a long time to write than something of bad quality that only took me a few hours.

Speaking of that, are you going to post more, Kid At :love:?

2. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

While my computer is down, I've resumed a long-ongoing project: Writing scripts for a movie series my friends and I plan to shoot someday. It's humorous nonsense on a sugary overdrive, and fun as heck to write.

3. dushechka

dushechka New Member

(If that question was directed at me...) Yes, somewhat like that. Although I'd like to make it a mix of that, with 1984 and a little We. Inspiration from anywhere is pretty much where I'm at.

4. Sir Ender

Sir Ender New Member

My current project is a nameless fantasy novel that I hope will end up being at least 50, 000 words when I'm done with it.

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

thanks, shrey!... it's beyond 'busy' much of the time, but satisfying, to be sure... hugs, m

6. Shreyass

Shreyass New Member

Got another Chapter done in 'A Tale of War', and quite a bit of the first chapter done in 'The Three Cycles'.

7. TheFedoraPirate

TheFedoraPirate New Member

I'm working on a sort of crime/mob sort of story set in the 1920's/30's but with some pseudo-scientific technology.

And also a steam/dieselpunk story.

(and a bunch of other projects but these are the main ones)

8. Shreyass

Shreyass New Member

Nice. Do you guys focus on one at a time, or pound out an entire novel and then move onto the next one?

9. MarcG

MarcG New Member

Mostly working on a few crime-based short stories. Eventually I plan to tie them together (since the narrator is the same person) and perhaps get it published somewhere. Probably not.

I'm also working out the kinks in a plotline I decided on. The closest thing I can think of would be a combination of The Idiot and The Stranger. I'm tempted to play on this and title it something starting with "The ___", probably "The Liar."

10. Shreyass

Shreyass New Member

Just pounded out another 2000 words of 'A Tale of War'.

Think I have a basic idea for:

1. The Last Chapter
    2. Carpet Bombing of London
    3. Need to include Iwo Jima/Midway
    4. Hiroshima/Nagasaki

11. flid

flid New Member

I currently have three on the go.

1. Un-named its my nano story, though I hit my 50k words, the story itelf is no where near finished, and I cant for the life of me think of a title for the damn thing.
    2.Final life. Its a fantasy vampire story, basically this is the third time with 'the one' the last two times she has died, but this time he is trying to avoid her and hopeful avoid her dying on him for a third time.
    3.Un-named (yeah I am rubbish at thinking up titles) Part of the writing course on Holly Isle's site Forward Motion. A woman has been reincarnated as a shapeshifter. The fates have given her the task of stopping a murderous vampire. The catch is, is that the vampire is her from a former life. As vampires dont have souls her soul was reincarnated.

12. Shreyass

Shreyass New Member

Right then, I've slowly developed a new idea. A tale of War will finish in another 3-4 four days, and I prefer to have two novels running, so i've jotted down notes for The Three Cycles as well as a novel about this nondescript hitman, his life, relationships, likes, dislikes, obviously his job, and hopefully it should become a nice character driven story, with some nice dailog as well, I've already fleshed out his character in some detail, sounds quit exciting right now.

13. Milady

Milady Active Member

I work religiously on one until I just can't bear it any more, then I move to another one. Of course, the result is a dozen works with barely two thousand words to their names, but...

Right now I'm working on an untitled piece that is "realistic" in the sense of it could technically happen, but what with the schizophrenic characters and those with multiple personalities is entirely implausible and may end up taking on a few fantasy characteristics.

14. Shreyass

Shreyass New Member

Well well, finally got started on 'The Modern Man', I can visualize maybe the first three chapters, so we'll see how far we get then.

15. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I have shifted the organization of my novel slightly. I was originally going to take the story sequentially through the millenia, which would not introduce my second principal character until near the end of the first part (the entire saga has a clear dividing point between Parts 1 and 2). I have now decided to shift back and forth, introducing the second character in the second or third chapter, then switching story lines between them every chapter or two until they converge. I think this organization ties the entire work together better, especially as the second principal character is also the one who bridges the division between the two parts.

Progress is continuing on the chapters themselves. I don't believe in word counts, though, because inevitably large pieces get removed. That can be the hardest work of all!

16. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

I've drafted out a plan to complete all short pieces of writing by May. So yeah my blog says it all.

17. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

I'm working on a series, which will never be, bah! It's on the lives of eight children and how a mother does have the power to destroy herself if she ever breaks a bond with her child! It's all crunched up, and I have around 20 plots in hand!! But don't have the time, what with boards on head and I don't even know where to get started.

18. Edward

Edward Active Member

I'm working on a fantasy story that centers around a homunculus girl who's made as a weapon to reformat the world. I mainly wanted to write the type of story where the bad guys are a band of Knight Templar characters who had what's best for the world at heart (well, maybe the Big Bad does), and where the means justify the end.

It's stalled like a car with no engine. The world is more interesting than the story. I enjoy working on the world.

19. Shinn

Shinn Banned

I've got about twenty or so fanfics I need to finish, I have "1945" - a story set in WW2 about a fictional Marine Corps on an island in the Pacific and I have "End of Days" - a story about a U.S. paratrooper in Vietnam during the closing stages of the war.

20. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

Edward, did you just finish Assassin's Creed?

21. Shreyass

Shreyass New Member

Yeah, I just chopped off like 200 words off a 600 word short story, it works that way, but quality over quantity always eh!

22. Edward

Edward Active Member

No... I have neither Xbawks nor PStrois ;_;

I meant "Knight Templar" as in someone who's doing the wrong things for the right reasons. The main villain is a character named Kether Malach, and after everyone he knew died in the July War (July's a country, not a timeframe) he decided that the world needed to be recreated. He got seeds from the Sephiroth, The Tree of Life, and ate them, giving him great powers and he and his band of wartorn misfits (only about three of the six really care about anyone else) created two Homonculi to take to the world tree and pretty much reboot all of creation for the better. And if he fails, well, he'll just use the old Adrian Veidt as a back-up plan and unite the world through fear. Though instead of using a Logic Bomb in the form of a fake alien, he'll just have them unite against him.

Knight Templar is a term from TVTropes. I've spent most of the last few weeks on an "Archive Binge"

23. lessa

lessa New Member

I am writing a story about a girl growing up in a family unloved. She is cared for so outsiders do not see what is happening.
    I start at birth and show what it does to her mentally.
    It may not be a nice story but I think it needs to be told.

24. Tari

Tari New Member

A story about a guy who dreams of a girl from the future... or something.

Figured out a few plot points, haven't figured out how to start the story, haven't figured out the bad guys, and so-on and so-forth.

*sigh*

25. Sophronia

Sophronia New Member

I'm working on the last book in a 5-book series (I self-published the first three, then took them off of the internet for revision). It's a fantasy, based in a world that's sort of an allusion to earth, with various races of sentients (there aren't just humans, mind), and a constantly brewing plotline. I would take up too many words trying to explain it all, but to make it short, it's based around a group of holy warriors, their god, and their goddess, all working and fighting to bring peace and glory to their world.