What's YOUR personality?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Lea`Brooks, May 20, 2015.

1. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

b3fb1432b712a5cb5a9776fa3220d909548be0789fe5e40f37fb604e5d1126c8.jpg

2. Aaron DC

Aaron DC Contributor Contributor

Forever and always shalt be, an INTJ without end.

Lance Schukies and BayView like this.
  3. Aaron DC

And I am definitely using the things I have learnt during the years I have researched and studied MBTI & love languages and discussed these concepts with other people - either pre-guessing their type / languages or not, to do initial character sketches for my novels.

4. Rhys

Rhys Member

INFP PERSONALITY (“THE MEDIATOR”)
    INFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the INFP personality type – but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

5. Alan Lincoln

Alan Lincoln Active Member

I recently took part in a Machiavelli test. Upon finishing the result was 93% Machieavellian. Turns out that if Westeros was a real place and I was in it, people need to be careful, haha.

Lemex likes this.
  6. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

I rest my "reads like a horoscope" case. :)

7. sprirj

sprirj Senior Member

Me too

Aerisfullofwhimsy likes this.
  8. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributor Contributor

Go argue on your own thread and let people enjoy this test in peace.

9. Phil Partington

Phil Partington Member

INTJ

10. Phil Partington

Phil Partington Member

Heh, I've taken many personality tests and 90% of them tell me INTJ. Just took the one listed and it's giving me ISTP. The explanation, though, seems far less accurate for me than INTJ (though I think I'm a soft "I"). "Biggest problem with ISTP is that they act too soon." Um, no. I'm about as cautious as they come. I wished I had a little more impulse, in fact. :p

11. Rhys

Rhys Member

That was one paragraph of eight pages. It goes into a lot more detail than that.

I don't really see how it "reads like a horoscope". It goes into intricate details and it's very specific (to me, anyway, it was spot on with my career, relationships, parenting etc), much more so that horoscopes, which is usually one paragraph consisting of general sentences like "The first half of the day is very good day for personal impact and popularity, dear Cancer." and " It's also a good time to take care of unfinished work or to begin a health or fitness program." which is completely different to what I quoted from the personality website.

Regardless, it's just a bit of fun. I don't think anyone is actually going to make any life decisions based on it.

12. GingerCoffee

If you're only enjoying it as a bit of fun, why should it bother you that it reads like a horoscope?

13. GingerCoffee

Apparently I'm only allowed to discuss the answer to this in the serious thread, not in the entertainment thread.

I replied to you here.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  14. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributor Contributor

This isn't a "discuss how you feel about the validity of this test" thread. This is a "take a test, share your results, and discuss if they're relevant to you" thread.

Besides, everyone is well aware of your opinion on the matter. You're just beating a dead horse at this point.

Aaron DC likes this.
  15. Aaron DC

Thread title: What's YOUR personality?

Some personalities are obvious even if they don't complete the test, innit?

Lea`Brooks and BayView like this.
  16. nrextakemi

nrextakemi Member

I'm either INFJ or INFP. Several years ago I was ENTP

At least I'm consistently intuitive.

17. Aidan Stern

Aidan Stern Active Member

“The Mediator” - (INFP-T)
    Not sure how to feel about it.

18. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

I'm the type that enjoys taking tests. :D

[​IMG]

I have taken this a few times before but I don't remember my results. "The Defender" does ring a bell. It's got the major things right - my most significant personality traits and weaknesses - but the detail, not so much. Interesting to read.

One thing that's interesting is people see me as very 'assertive', in the sense that I seem very calm in high-pressured situations. But I see myself as more turbulent. My colleagues were openly surprised when I signed up for a stress management workshop, and when I walked in one of them said "YOU get stressed?" like I'd just grown an extra head. The discrepancy is very interesting.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  19. Imaginarily

Imaginarily Disparu en Mer Contributor

Oh I hate those Myers-Briggs tests. Being put in a convenient little box irks me to no end.

My friend in college told me I reminded him of Wednesday Addams. I've never really been a fan of the Addams Family (too Tim Burton-y for me, blegh), but after reading this listicle, I see quite a few similarities. :bigwink:

Here's what the test says for me:

[​IMG]

INFJs tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while people with this personality type can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all.

Actually, yes. Very yes. There was en episode in a college class involving my best friend; the teacher singled him out and ridiculed him for wearing a dog collar, and all I wanted was for that asshole to be fired. I almost went to the dean.

Stupid accurate test. :wtf: *grumbles some more about boxes*

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    ManOrAstroMan and Lea`Brooks like this.
  20. rainy_summerday

rainy_summerday Active Member

I've always been an INFJ. And the descriptions all just say nice things about them and how rare they are so that it sounds less harsh because they are difficult to get along with :/

When I first tested myself, I was more intrigued by the theory behind it than interested in actually gaining some insights from the results. I wanted to see how it works. I must confess that I do believe that there are certain truths to be gained from the results. I've found myself giving people more leeway when before I often condemned actions I found offensive. I think tests like this can raise one's tolerance of other humans in general.

Aaron DC likes this.
  21. Hubardo

Hubardo Contributor Contributor

A few months ago I took 3 Myers Briggs tests from 3 different websites. I got 3 different scores. I'm on the border of all four letters. My introverted friends think I'm an extrovert, my extroverted friends think I'm introverted. I'm really, really weird.

22. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Of course you are. You're a cat who plays the piano. :D

23. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

The Belbin Theory had a similar effect on me when dealing with colleagues I found difficult. I was more forgiving of their 'flaws' once I understood where they came from, and how they were balanced by their strengths.

rainy_summerday likes this.
  24. Aerisfullofwhimsy

Aerisfullofwhimsy Member

I get INTP consistently. Every time. I match it pretty well. On the enneagram test I got 5 w 6. I am involved with a super nerdy, brainy INTJ and a very sensitive artistic INFJ though. We bounce ideas off each other, and seem to be able to read each others vibes in an almost psychic way (not saying it is supernatural, just saying it almost feels that way). I think sometimes being INTP makes it hard for me to express emotion in my writing, or directly from a characters POV. I can do it, but it is harder for me than probably someone who is an xxfx type. Maybe... I don't really know or care 100 % though. Interesting stuff.

25. Indigo Sugar

Indigo Sugar Member

I got ENFP-T "the campaigner" and its pretty darn accurate to how and who I am.... which scares me a little hah

Lea`Brooks likes this.