1. shamrock838

shamrock838 New Member

Where Have the Markets Gone?

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by shamrock838, May 31, 2010.

Where Have the Markets Gone?:

I am a nonfiction writer/photographer with a publishing history in magazine articles dating back to 1970. However, I was on hiatus from 1999 to 2009 and I am just now getting back into the literary swing of things. So, my perceptions of the current literary scene are probably outdated to say the least.

In my “first literary life,” I frequently sold to maritime markets such as Oceans, Sea Frontiers, Boating, The Compass [Mobil in-house], Mariner’s Weather Log, The Lookout (Seaman’s Church Institute), Offshore, etc. Practically all of these “old friends” have literally “gone ashore.”

My overall interests include popularized earth sciences, natural history, maritime, geographical, historical, photography, even traffic safety subjects.

So, I’m open to any and all suggestions of where and how best to refocus my efforts in this “second literary life.”

Many thanks.

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

if you can find a non-fiction listing like www.duotrope.com provides for fiction, please let me know...