1. northernpsyche

northernpsyche New Member

Where to publish short stories that are controversial

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by northernpsyche, Oct 5, 2012.

Hi , i am new to writing and have want to write some flash and short stories. Typically these would be gritty northern realism?, violent frequently with dark humour, think Irvine Welch. I have know idea where to send these type of stories either for competitions, critique or publishing. I don't even know what genre they would be described as?

If anyone has any answers or can point me in the right direction i would be much obliged.

Kind regards

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

check out venues on www.duotrope.com

3. ranjit23das

ranjit23das Member

Nothing stopping you from rewiewing other peopleƬs short stories and passing your comment - you can learn a lot from reading other member's work. I know I do.

I guess you got the 'rules' memo when you joined so after you have adhered to that you can put up your work in a workshop to be reviewed by members of this community.

4. northernpsyche

northernpsyche New Member

Cool, cheers for that. Out of the gutter seems just what i was looking for :)