Who are you and what do you write?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by minstrel, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Ed from Bama

Ed from Bama New Member

Catriona-
    Good morning and welcome. I appreciate fiber art people- my daughter is a weaver. And I'd like to know more about your wildlife newsletter- I'm an outdoor writer and photographer. Again welcome- Ed

2. ohmiyoni

ohmiyoni New Member

Currently Reading::
    Everybody Has a Podcast But You by the McElroy Brothers
    I'm a 28-year-old feminine identifying nb person, who is engaged to a wonderful partner. I write mostly anthropomorphic adventure stories of varying genres for young-adult to adult audiences. Character focused & driven stuff. (I like oc's)

3. Twinkle S

Twinkle S New Member

Hello :love:
    This is Twinkle S. I love writing, obviously and am also deeply in love with music. I like to read almost all genres but my favourites are fantasy, YA, General fic, thriller, sci-fi and Paranormal. Unfortunately, I can't stomach horror. I especially love writing as well as reading words that are psychological and deep. I hope I can make some writer friends and have some cool conversations here!

4. Paxówa

Paxówa New Member

Hey, I'm Pax from Krakow and I started writing seriously recently, considering that I am 24 years old. I have liked to write since I was a child, but I never paid attention to it that it was one coherent story. Some time ago I found out why not give it a go and I'm in the process of writing a detective story. It has always been my favorite field so I hope it somehow makes sense

Catrin Lewis likes this.
  5. Flora Belle Jardinière

Flora Belle Jardinière New Member

The Holy Bible, King James Version
    My name is Flora. I'm mid-editing process on my first book, a crime novel. My favorite genres are poetry, crime novels, thrillers, and writing books. I look forward to becoming a screenwriter after I graduate with my bachelor's in Writing for Film and Television.

6. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer Contest Winner 2023

Sounds like fun. I write romantic suspense and psychological horror, myself.

I notice from your avatar that you're currently reading the KJV. I quote from it in my first novel, and it was quite a process getting the necessary permissions from the Cambridge University Press to do so and legally make the book available in the UK. They hold the patent from the Crown, the copyright holder.

7. Aethni

Aethni New Member

Hi all, I write historical fiction. Novel I am working on at present is set in 8th century, Northumbria. Old lady here.

Xoic likes this.
  8. e||ement

e||ement Member

Morning! By day, I write, curate and edit articles with an emphasis on research and innovation for a Canadian University. I also do some newspaper and magazine freelance work. By night, I try to figure out how to make sense of all the words and ideas still rattling around in my head through poetry, essays and short stories. :)

Aethni, Xoic and EFMingo like this.
  9. Chekhov's pen

Chekhov's pen Member

Who am I? A spider.
    What do I write? yes.
    On a more serious note though, I write all kinds of fiction. I usually stick to pieces with some action in it, I rarely manage to resist the allure of a twist, and I don't handle romance very well. Last time I tried, it ended up as a zombie apocalypse story. Don't ask. I can do erotica though.
    I try to be tactile in my writing, somewhat visceral.
    Currently I've got a lovecraftian horror novella (probably) in the making, I'm working on prompted pieces for the contests here, and I'll probably start writing a 4th novel soon. I've got some ideas. They're still congealing.

Aethni, Lifeline and Xoic like this.
  10. Mogador

Mogador Senior Member

Mogador.

I write scenes and hope they coalesce together. I start with a central conceit, which might be lightly science fictionesque, and try like hell not to forget what it was. Sometimes successfully.

Xoic likes this.
  11. T.Harrogate

T.Harrogate New Member

The Girls
    I am a woman who works a maternity hospital as a maternity healthcare assistant. However my stories aren't about babies they are about murder mystery plots. I got my first book The Deadly Highway Published May of 2020.
    Liked your Quote
    T.Harrogate

EFMingo and Xoic like this.
  12. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

Interesting. Your day job is in one part of the hospital, your stories are suited more to another part of it.

SlayerC79 likes this.
  13. storytellerheart4life

storytellerheart4life New Member

i'm gwen kelly and i write good stories lol i write all diffrent kinds of stories like romantic supence , cozy mysries , scfi fanasty

SlayerC79 and EFMingo like this.
  14. Postieboy79

Postieboy79 New Member

Autobiography of Sammy 'the bull' Gravano
    I'm a 41 year old male living on the south coast of England. I have a wonderful partner and we have 3 kids between us (which obviously take up a lot of our time). By day I'm a postman (or mailman as some of you would say) and I've been doing it for almost 19 years now. I'm writing my first crime novel and I have (some would say unhealthy) obsession with the mafia. Then again my grandad's family came from Italy. My novel is going to be an organised crime one, dealing with mostly men of varying ages.

Aethni likes this.
  15. HeresNny90

HeresNny90 New Member

My name is Johnny, I'm a 30 year old male from the midwest. I've been writing intermittently since I was a kid, but only started taking it seriously in the last couple years. I primarily write horror, but have also dabbled in coming-of-age stories. Most of what I write is third-person and I'm still trying to hone my craft. Every day is a struggle to remember what I learned in my creative writing classes from a decade ago. I take constructive criticism well, so please feel free to be harsh with any critiques.

Night Herald likes this.
  16. Velvet Sky

Velvet Sky Member

Hi, I'm 25, I write mainly fantasy, I've been writing since I was a teen and have finished some short novels. However I have never published them and don't intend to.

I actually discovered this forum several years ago but have been inactive. I recently decided to try again on here and see if I could get connected to other writers and hopefully grow myself as an author.

Night Herald and Xoic like this.
  17. SFC Donnell

SFC Donnell New Member

I am retired Cold War Soldier. Yes a dinosaur. My grandmother who raised me was born in the late 1800s. I assume a lot of what I learned from her, she got from her grandmother too. I take a lot of my inspiration from 1930s movies and 1950 Science Fiction. I wish to polish my skills.

I write Science Fiction and Fantasy, why, because I love the genres.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
    EFMingo and Night Herald like this.
  18. Watson Watson

Watson Watson Banned

Hello,

I am a writer from New England. I mainly write literary short fiction with a surreal or fabulist bent, whatever that means.

So hi!

19. Rhys Littlespoon

Rhys Littlespoon New Member

I'm 23, I'm gay, and my main genre is horror but as of late I've begun delving into comedy which has always been one of my least favorite genres. I'm a screenwriter so I write movies and tv shows both an array of horror, comedy, adventure, sci-fi.

20. TheCreativeCollie

TheCreativeCollie New Member

I'm a young writer, mostly doing fiction and I am really hoping to find a clean, wholesome community to hang with!

21. Salsajax

Salsajax New Member

Hello, I’m a few years from retirement and 3 years into a Creative Writing degree with the OU. I enjoy writing in the magical realism genre, and am beginning to find an interest in mysteries too. I hope to spend many years in my creative world when I finish work for good, and maybe even get published. Loving the journey and looking forward to meeting some fellow creators.

22. SlayerC79

SlayerC79 Banned

Male. Scottish. I am 41, but thankfully, I have good genes, so I'm Benjamining Button my way through life.

I write romance, mainly. Austen and Poe are both my Muses, so I sometimes lean to the dark side, as well as the light.

I'm dabbling in fiction (and fact) stories surrounding BDSM... well, someone has to write an antidote to "50 Shades". I've always been into the lifestyle, so why not put experience onto paper.

Xoic likes this.
  23. qetzel

qetzel Member

Bleak Hotel by D M Thomas
    Hi
    This is my first post. Happy to be here. I'm writing short stories as part of a Creative Writing course and have been told I'm a 'beautiful writer'. I'm afraid this is just a euphemism for 'boring'. I'll do my two critiques tonight then put one of my efforts online and see what happens.

Chekhov's pen likes this.
  24. Michael Prendergast

Michael Prendergast New Member

Good Evening. My name is Mike and I am a 53 year old Open University student. I am studying Creative Writing and I am hoping to be able to receive help and support from this forum. I read a lot of General Fiction, Horror and my favourite Science Fiction.

25. jaimie C K Mackie

jaimie C K Mackie New Member

I'm 49 years old man, thinking about finally sitting down and writing science fiction stories. I'd like to learn to do it properly and to get some actual useful guidance. At some point, I would like to make it so that I can use my writing to inspire people. I've written stuff since I was about twelve years old, but I stopped because I had no idea that it was going to be SO hard to convince a publishing house to accept my work. In the end, I decided that it was worth it to try again, and thanks to Kindle Direct Publishing there is a light at the end of the tunnel.