Who are you and what do you write?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by minstrel, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Dewey

Dewey Active Member

Hello! Nice to meet you too!

Xoic likes this.
  2. Catriona Grace

Catriona Grace Mind the thorns Contributor Contest Winner 2022

I was actually free associating and not looking at Dewey's avatar.

Little Viking kitties invading the land of English bulldogs and kicking puppy dog butt... this has possibilities.

Dewey likes this.
  3. MeriaThePigeon

MeriaThePigeon New Member

Hello everyone! I'm a bisexual female in her middle 20s. English is not my mother language but I always find it more comfortable speaking/writing in this language than my own. I love fantasy, supernatural, dark, action & adventure etc. I especially love the vampire concept but never managed to find a good book about them. That would show how much of a deadly and scary creatures they are. For that, I'm writing my own! I'm having very hard time with descriptions because of me, not knowing this language 100%. But my dream is to publish this book once I finish it. So I won't give up that easily!

JBean, Dewey and Catriona Grace like this.
  4. Catriona Grace

Welcome, Meria.

JBean and MeriaThePigeon like this.
  5. Username Required

Username Required Active Member

I’m a single man, American, almost 40, Church-believing Catholic (that is, if the Church teaches X, then I believe X), and I write poetry and flash-fiction stories that are blatantly traditional—something like transgressive literature, but in the opposite direction. (For my published work, search the name Joshua C. Frank at the Society of Classical Poets website—but I’m still looking for a place to get my flash fictions published.) Not all my speakers and perspective characters share my beliefs, but everything I write is openly from the perspective of someone with my demographics. I believe in the saying “write what you know;” the further I stray from this, the more the quality of my work suffers. Hence all my speakers and perspective characters are male, most are Americans (European historical figures excepted), and there are topics I’d love to write about but am waiting until I have enough experience.

JBean and Catrin Lewis like this.
  6. Catriona Grace

Welcome, Joshua C. Frank.

Username Required likes this.
  7. Wolfdemonofhell

Wolfdemonofhell Member

oh gods I’ve been wishing and trying to figure out how to make that device since I was in 5th or 6th grade (No luck yet unfortunately)

I need details too, kinda lost and confused without them

as for what I’m currently writing, 3 things at once. #1 I’ve got a combo of violence and p*rn. #2 so far is going to be ridiculously long with violence and p*rn, but also kind of feel good stuff I guess. And #3 is just gonna be straight p*rn, from 1st chapter to last chapter, gotta get it out without losing anything I might need them later and apparently that’s what’s currently getting the most views on FanFiction for me

JBean likes this.
  8. storytellerheart4life

storytellerheart4life New Member

hi im kaylee i want to write good stories

9. Catriona Grace

Welcome, Kaylee.

10. JBean

JBean Active Member

Welcome! Is there one WIP you have going at the moment you are most drawn to or are you collectively engaged?

11. Friedrich Kugelschreiber

Friedrich Kugelschreiber marshmallow Contributor

let’s goooooo

Anthony Sullivan likes this.
  12. Anthony Sullivan

Anthony Sullivan New Member

I'm a 35 year old Black man who's trying to write whatever I think is the most fun. I'm working on action vampire flash fiction and then eventually upgrading that to a character created webcomic within two years.

MyTraumaAndMe, J.T. Woody and Dewey like this.
  13. Justin 4

Justin 4 New Member

I am a 58 year old gay male who writes LGBT themed sci-fi/fantasy stories with primarily teen characters.

Catriona Grace likes this.
  14. Catriona Grace

Welcome, Justin 4. Happy to have you here.

15. MyTraumaAndMe

MyTraumaAndMe Member

I am a 41 y/o female with past trauma. I am writing about myself, my experiences. No one in my family is aware of this, I have not really spoken about most of it since I was the family secret basically. No matter how hard the truths in my story are I continue to write. My one great hope is to integrate these experiences from my past into my current life. There is an air of spirituality although I am not religious. I do maintain a sense of spirituality that is not secular. I appreciate any and all feed back from more experienced writers than I.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2023
  16. MyTraumaAndMe

MyTraumaAndMe Member

Welcome!! I am very interested in your topic. I am excited for you to post and express yourself, I cant wait to read one of your stories!

17. ArborSloane

ArborSloane New Member

Currently Reading::
    The Finalists by David Bell
    I'm a 42 year old woman, mom, and wife. I've been teaching HS English for about 20 years. During my downtime, I love to write and have a couple of traditionally published YA novels under my belt. I'd love to hop over into adult thrillers. I do have a new book and will be querying it soon. Looking to give and get support through this tumultuous adventure of publishing. PM me if you're looking for a crit partner.

18. MyTraumaAndMe

MyTraumaAndMe Member

Welcome!!

19. ArborSloane

ArborSloane New Member

Currently Reading::
    The Finalists by David Bell
    Thanks! I'm stoked to be here!

petra4 and MyTraumaAndMe like this.
  20. Anumo

Anumo New Member

Hi. At the moment I'm a 17 year old boy, just graduating from high school, who's to scared to get on the internet. I like to write fantasy or sci-fi or a mix of both. I like action because I have the soul of a young boy. I generally include a romantic sub-plot because I'm a sucker for love stories but never as the main plot because I'm to squeamish. Generally I write from a male point of view since that's what I can comfortably say I know but sometimes I'll try my hand at writing women. I guess I write novels.

Dewey likes this.
  21. Catriona Grace

Welcome, Anumo. Congratulations on graduating, getting on the internet, and pushing yourself out of your comfort zone in writing.

22. Jake B King

Jake B King New Member

Can somebody help me out, what's the relevance of sexual orientation? Honest question. I'm a 42 year old male who writes whatever pops into my head.

23. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Welcome

no relevance at all apart from people mentioning what is important to them. It’s certainly not a mandatory part of your intro

24. That Guy Named Aaron

That Guy Named Aaron Member

Hi I'm Aaron. I write Lit Fic. Specifically, I write Dark Situational Historical Romantic Dramatic Erotic Comedic Tragedies. Hey, someone's gotta do it, eh?

Rzero and B.E. Nugent like this.
  25. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Greetings - i assume you've come looking for the forklift truck we stole... i mean, the one the mysteriously vanished and we definitely didn't chop for parts..

That Guy Named Aaron likes this.