1. writtenlove

writtenlove New Member

who is your favorite character you created?

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by writtenlove, Feb 9, 2010.

I haven't gotten a chance to write about this character but I am saving her for when I have the time.
    Her name is Phoenix Havana Akiko Fey
    She is Cuban & Bahamian from her mother's side and on her father's she is German-American & Japanese. She has thick dark hair with fair complexion in the winter but tans perfectly in the summer. She stands at 5'5 with silver eyes and jet black hair with her lips painted red. She grew up in Ardmore, PA but lives in South Philly blocks away from South Street.

2. thinking

thinking New Member

Beware the Mary Sue....

BEWARE!!

PS. Not saying she WILL be a Mary Sue, but I don't know too many people who are fair in the winter and tan perfectly in the summer. Good luck though!

3. Evil Flamingo

Evil Flamingo Banned Contributor

Nathan Bowmen...I only used him for a short time in a RPG here, but I really got into him as a person. Even though he was crabby nine tenths of the time, I had a connection with him. I'm sorry to have had to drop him.

4. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

Most of my favorite characters are more or less concepts at the moment. I have yet to really write anything about them. Mostly because I don't exactly know where they fit or how to start writing the story.

Jason Young. is one of them. In the story he is supposed to be one of the worlds greatest hackers, and the idea of people abusing technology and the Internet and such really angers him so he becomes a Cyber Vigilante of sorts. But I need to do some good research on and figure out exactly how I am going to begin to write his story. That and I need to work on a way to make him seem less Perfect.

Then there is John Blackwood. See I have a general idea of who i want him to be. But every once and awhile I picture him in different settings. From a zombie apocalypse(which I did use the name, but not really the character in my mind) to a captain of a spaceship in a scifi/space opera type of setting.

5. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

None of my character ever really jumped out at me; but I suppose my favourite, if I was going to pick one (he was the narrater I most enjoyed writing at least) was a man known as Adolf, who was trapped on a ghost ship of sorts.

6. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

Have a look at my name for the answer. Dante Dases is a ridiculously talented swordsman with the slight problem of being a reckless hothead prone to acting purely on impulse rather than through reason and logic. Makes him great fun to write.

7. jacklondonsghost

jacklondonsghost New Member

Matthew Reilly. He's one of two protagonist/POV characters in my WIP. He has become as real to me as my best friend while I've been working through the novel. He's a nineteen year old kid with Black Irish looks and he's the second of 5 children in his family. He wears his late father's flannels and jeans, and works as many hours as he can get to support his family, who are broke and on food stamps no matter how hard his mother works. He's self-identified as gay, and he breaks the stereotype usually seen in YA fiction of the wimpy, unsure gay boy. He is tough, and he can be mean, and he is failing school and he hangs around with the drop-outs and druggies, and yet he is this good person with real morals....

Here he probably just seems like another paper character to anyone reading this, but in the story he becomes the best, most 3-dimensional, REAL character I've ever come up with, and I'm very proud of him.

8. jonathan hernandez13

jonathan hernandez13 Contributor Contributor

Agent Rigel Toliman from the Centauri Intelligence Agency (CIA). He has been sent to planet Earth to keep a watchful eye on the hairless apes who are quickly coping with their evolutionary handicaps and inching nearer to his homeworld on a small terrestrial planet orbitting Centauri A.

In his true form he looks like something from a horror movie, with lots of tentacles and three different sets of eyes. In his human form you can't tell he's an alien because they use surgical alteration and DNA resequencing for his disguise. He has a tendency to mispronounce certain words because he is not used to having a tongue, and walks with a weird rolling gait because he's not used to having only two pods and a higher gravity.

He's not my best developed character yet, but he is my favorite.:cool:

9. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I like most of my characters, even the ones like Jared Slovnyk who are not nice people. Jared was created for an RPG on the site, and I later used him in a short story, The Killing Jar. He's a demolitions expert and a cold killer with no conscience.

Sarah Vandermeer is a bit of a social misfit, a little too tough on the people who work with her, and more than a little insecure. She is also a brilliant mathematician and physicist whose theories can either take mankind to the stars, or destroy billions in a war that spans the solar system.

Thomas Gordon is the name by which Sarah knows her extraordinary lover. He was born millenia before the rise of te Roman Empire.

Drew Franklin is the Flight Engineer aboard a colony ship bound for a habitable planet around a nearby star. He is one of the three crew not in hibernation for the journey. Since the flight began, he has gained a tremendous amount of weight, and his health is at serious risk. But he has a very important role to play in the novel.

10. Afterburner

Afterburner Active Member

My favorite character is one from this short story I wrote. He's only known as Member #698, a member of an utopian society. He's a very vague character, but that's kinda what I like about him. It leaves room to imagine.

11. Jobeykobra

Jobeykobra New Member

Matt Moresy, a college freshman at the fictional Melridge liberal arts college in Chicago. He's a typical member of the part of my generation I've grown up with, bored and mostly apathetic yet at the same time morally aware and wants nothing but the love of a girl. The only problem is no one wants to give anything to him for reasons unknown to him and he finds himself on the edge of emotional depravity because of his anger and frustrations with today's society. I've written an entire novel with this character and I've come to resent him and yet both sympathize and empathize with him.

12. Twisted Inversely

Twisted Inversely New Member

My imagination. But I drop by the real world for m
    My favourite characters tend to be the ones I have the most fun writing about. For instance it became clear early on that my story needed a character who would dispense large amounts of historical information of the world so I quickly conjured up a malicious, potty-mouthed old man and ran with it to see where it went. I found out that his name was Silus Harley, that he was a prolific smoker, and liked to read cheap romance novels. But the reason I like him isn't because of his attributes but because isn't governed by any socially acceptable norms. He swears, acts irrationally, says things that no one else will. I've yet to write from his POV but I don't really need to since there is very little filler between his brain and his mouth, anyway part of the fun is writing how other characters react to him.

13. InkDream

InkDream Active Member

Charles "Finn" Finnigan. He's sort of the right hand man of a supernatural mob boss type (Ezra Demyon). He has the ability to "read" people because he can see their aura. An interesting mixture of sarcasm and intellect, he is by far my favorite character to write for now. His choice of profession is more about him trying to balance the darkness of Ezra Demyon than being an evil flunky. He's more or less morally neutral, occasionally one of the good guys.

14. SilverWolf0101

SilverWolf0101 Active Member

I have to say Silver from my trilogy. She's a smart mouth, bad attitude werewolf that seems to hate the world. She's always looking for a fight and has no problem cursing people out in other languages. I guess she's my favorite because of her spunk.

My other favorite character is Ice- still lacking a better name for this character. I dont know why she's my favorite, she's real vague and hardly gets seen in the book, at least not until the end of the story. But out of all my characters she's the most realistic to me.

15. catavenger

catavenger New Member

My favorite charactor is Captain Topcat the original eyed pirate captain of the brigantine CatAvenger.

16. Gallowglass

Gallowglass Contributor Contributor

Jazzrow. A loud-mouthed, sarcastic, proud, image-obsessed, and slightly bigoted slumdog. But those are the bad things about her; her moral code, and the 'more convenient parts of Christianity' that she retains after she abandoned the religion, make for an interesting code of honour, and a system of rules over what she permits herself to do, and how much she values her associates. It makes for some interesting conversations with her companions; a former guard who worked for a human trafficker, the trafficker's son, and one of the other girls that she was enslaved with, helping her out from within the trafficker's private army. It also leads to some bizarre opinions, and a fascinating world view, and the conflict between her morals, her history, her lack of a decent education, the demands of her self-assigned assassination mission, and the fact that she isn't the most modest person, sexually.