1. PMelol

PMelol New Member

Why can't I post in the section where you can post your stories?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by PMelol, Aug 3, 2013.

Do I not have enough posts or something?

2. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

I just took a quick gander at your Profile. Unless I'm missing something, you haven't made enough posts or critiqued other people's writing yet.

I'm just quoting off the top of my head here, as I'm not a forum moderator, but I think you have to wait 2 weeks, have made at least 20 posts of worthwhile quality, and have critiqued at least 2 pieces written by others before you're allowed to post your own. After that, you can continue to post your own work, but you are asked to make at least 2 more critiques of other people's work each time you do.

This forum is a very unselfish site, which is why it's good and has lasted a long time. This forum's requirement for interaction keeps people from just posting their work, getting comment, and then leaving the site. It makes everybody participate equally.

The benefits are huge. Not only do you get GOOD critiques from fellow-writers, but you make friends too.

If you haven't done so, I'd go and read all the RULES for the site, especially the ones for new members.

I see you're sitting on a finished, but unpublished novel! (So am I.) I'm looking forward to maybe seeing some of yours on the site, after you've done your 'time.' :)

3. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

I just wish people read the welcome message, or wondered to the Rules threads before they start posting questions like this. It is, at the same time, my answer to your question. Welcome to the forum :)

1 person likes this.