Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Daniel, Sep 16, 2006.
So, why'd you join our site? Just a little survey-type-thing.
i joined Hoping it would help me get better at writing.
haven't been here for very long though.
I joined to perfect my writing skills. So that eventually I can publish a fictional novel.
Hey, that's cool. I suppose my question was twofold though. As in, 1) why did you join and 2) why did you join writingforums.org as opposed to another writing forum.
Mine is two fold.
A.) Compare this site to my writing site (this is way better, and don't worry i would never steal any thing this site has already, i.e. site layout)
B.) To share my work amongst other writers.
1) I joined in the hopes of improving my writing skills through other's critique of my work. I understand that this is a two way street, so of course if you read and critique, i will do my upmost to return the favor.
2) I like this site because the natives are friendly, and also I tried other sites and even when I would critique others they did not return the favor. I got immediate feedback here, and that is a definite plus! When you put your work out there and you notice people are reading but not saying anything, its not a very warm and fuzzy feeling, if you know what I mean. You put your heart and soul into your work, and then people stare, but say nothing...
1. I'm looking for advice on publishing, and also I'm starting an editing business. So, to both advertise and to get advice.
2. I didn't just join here. I joined several.
1.) replacing an old home (I suppose)
2.) Database problems.
-I hope too like it here.
I joined writingforums.org for a few reasons but principally because I want to improve as a writer. I, like lioness, believe this is a great site for critiquing the works of others and seeking critique on my own work. Both will hopefully improve my writing. thanks for creating it Lpspider,
i joined this forum to improve my poetry, and with the feedback i am getting, im hoping that it is. and thankyou to all who have read my poetry and critisised it or complimented it.
If any of you have not yet, please, feel free to
thankyou to the creator of the site
i joined this site aiming to learn more about different forms of poetry, to improve on my writing skills and to be able to share my poetry with others whom may appreciate it and not judge me on what i write.
1) I first stumbled across this site from doing a google search. When I compared this to some of the others (I didn't actually join because it was top of google's list) I found this to be much more attractive because of a lack of membership. Sounds weird I know but there are times when I just can't be bothered when there's so much "traffic" to manouver in forums that seem overcrowded. I don't mind that as long as I have gotten used to being an earlier member of a forum before it starts to get real popular. By then I won't actually feel uncomfortable in a typical newbie situation.
2) Ease of use. The layout is simple and straightforward. Everything is easy to navigate through. The type of thing that would put me off more than anything else (regardless of membership numbers) is navigation. I'm quite lazy in that respect
3) I hope to contribute to the site. Currently, I'm writing an essay I hope to submit that would be the first of many. It's 'lecture', if you will, is about character construction. So far I have seen many members here asking for advice on how to construct their stories, or they're having problems with character development etc, etc. So I hope to be able to post some articles sometime soon. Even though I don't always take my own advice, hopefully, and with including these weekly writing groups tasks, I'll be much more disciplined to writing 'properly' (whatever that actually means).
4) I'm actually trying to learn how to critique. I've never done it before and so I'd like to learn how to do it with as close to a professional atittude as possible instead of merely offering my personal opinion on other people's works. This won't include other member's poetry though. It sounds kinda weird but I've never felt comfortable with critiquing poetry. It just doesn't feel right. There's no actual right or wrong way with poetry I guess so it doesn't really validate the necessity of critique.
Anyway, I'm blathering.
We all know why we joined, 'cause we like writing and it was the first site that pooped up on the cool thing. and to of course, bask in the presence of the great powerful ME.
I joined 'cause I hoped to start up a rp section 'cause rping keeps me writing- it's about the only motivation I've got left- well actually now I'm starting to get motivated again. I'm sneaky like that. Check your wallet, is it missing?
Well, I used to be a member of other writing forums, but many became unconstructive and I needed somewhere to go where I could concentrate on my writing again. My friend suggested this place, I joined and, although I have not been here for very long, I like the community. The critiques look detailed (even though I have not yet received one), too, which is always a great plus for any site.
I'm here as well as several other places, and to be honest, this stands out as a great community, largely because the natives are friendly and the site is simple to navigate.
The quality of writing is favourable compared to many sites, and everyone seems a lot more relaxed.
It's so nice here, I may even move in permanently!
Well we always like to have more members here. Hope you stick around it's a wonderful place to belong. LOL.
IndianaJoan promised me cookies.
Here we go with the cookies thing again LOL
I joined because I'm a fulltime writer, and therefore, work alone and am starved for human interaction! Pathetic, I know. Also, I'm looking forward to helping other writers through critiquing their work and having my work critiqued in return.
Why writingforms.org? Because it seems friendly.
Don't talk about cookies, I'm still upset over that
SO NOT FAIR. LOL
I yahoo'ed (not google...porn sites keep coming out)
the words writing and forum..
This is one of the most constructice sites i've seen so far, sure a random butt-hole may join just for the ocassional insult, but this is the best site i've seen to date
*Ears perk up*
I said don't talk about COOKIES.......
Oh and yeah I yahoo'ed here too. I like this place........
Except that someone stole my cookie.......tee hee.....
I loved your cookie. It was the best I've ever had.
Yes well I'm glad someone got to enjoy my cookie......
Separate names with a comma.