Why do I enjoy hurting myself?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by John-Wayne, May 21, 2018.

1. CoyoteKing

CoyoteKing Good Boi Contributor

I don’t hurt myself.

My husband does it for me.

... But only if I ask very, very nicely.

:)

2. John-Wayne

John-Wayne Madman Extradinor Contributor

:supercheeky::supergrin::superlaugh:

Noticed aye, you know when you accidentally do something that causes pain or a task that seems monumental that feels like It'll take you forever to finish and you say "Oh, Fuck Me" That's why!!

:read::unsure::write:
    PS the guy in the middle is confused!! LOL

3. Lemie

Lemie Contributor Contributor

Hey, could the murderous lesbian stop getting Cave Trolls hopes up? I have a feeling this might all end in tears that won't be kissed better ;)

4. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

I'd promise that I don't bite but that would be a lie, I will acquiesce to your request and let all Cave Trolls live to write another day. *bows deeply*

I met a beautiful girl today, we started chatting about tattoos, she also had a piercing in her eyebrow and a stud just below her lip. I told her I would get the eyebrow piercing just like hers. She also had a star tattoo on her wrist.

5. LostThePlot

LostThePlot Naysmith Contributor

Are you certain you weren't talking to a mirror?

honey hatter and CoyoteKing like this.
  6. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

I cast no reflection remember? She was to cute to be imagined. I need to get a tattoo, I won't mind the tattoo. Not sure how I'll feel about the eyebrow piercing. Anyone here have one? Or any other piercing?
    My father did an ear piercing for me when I was 6, on the cheap. With a hot needle, it took a long time an it hurt a lot. I guess he heated the needle to keep it clean of bacteria.

Piercings... get your quick sharp painful piercing right here.

7. Lemie

Lost has some delicius piercings!

I've only got my ears, but the one my friends did with the aid of some ice hurt less than the ones I paid for :(

honey hatter likes this.
  8. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Thanks Lemie I need to hear about them from you Lost. Ariel said she had more peircings in the cartilage of her ear. It all sounds very painful, not like the pain I like.
    I will soldier through since I've already made up my mind. I'll have to remember the ice trick, it only makes sense. It would decrease any swelling and numb the pain. My trigger might help numb the pain as well.

9. Xayah for Dinner

Xayah for Dinner Member

Adrenaline

10. LostThePlot

I have my nipples pierced since you ask :)

11. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    17-27 I had an under half PA. :p
    Got rejected, and it was not a pleasant week. :(

12. LostThePlot

The worst I got was making the mistake of having planned to drive back from the piercing place. With a freshly pierced nipple that my seatbelt was sitting right on top of. So much pain. So I got drunk with a friend of mine and all was well!

John-Wayne and Cave Troll like this.
  13. Cave Troll

Have considered doing the nips, but they are a bit small for the job.
    Tried play piercing them once with 25g needles, it hurt too much.
    A lady in the local group, decided not to get her's done cause she
    has small nips, and did not want to wait the 6 months or so for them
    to heal completely.

I read about the whole thing from start to finish, and decided it is
    way to involved and takes too long for them to heal or get rejected.
    Also the whole they get crusty thing was not helping to sell the point. :p

LostThePlot and John-Wayne like this.
  14. John-Wayne

John-Wayne Madman Extradinor Contributor

Never had a piercing, but have this odd nature of feeling other people's pain, and I just imagine that sucking a lot!

Cave Troll likes this.
  15. LostThePlot

You need to get someone else to do the piercing, need to. You need to get it done like a gunshot. Because yeah, super sensitive. Also lymph nodes. You need it rammed through you in one fast shot, and it will take a pretty substantial needle to put any jewellery in. But that's ok! Because honestly I didn't really feel mine all that much. Feel like a moment of stabbyness, then just heart pounding adrenaline and that's about it. It doesn't really hurt to have it done, it hurts because it'll be sore for a long time.

And yes, they do get crusty while they are hearing. Lymph nodes again. If I get the flu I get some snotty stuff congealing on my nipple rings. And they get sore sometimes too man. Like, on a guy it give you permanently perky nipples, so if you're wearing a shirt that's a bit too tight they'll chafe like crazy. I swear to god I have had to stop and buy pain killers and plasters while travelling because it hurt too much.

So they aren't for the feint of heart. But nipple piercing is a sign of manhood!

Cave Troll likes this.
  16. LostThePlot

Oh it's not so bad man. It hurt because there was something rubbing against a fresh wound, which wasn't a lot of fun. But once I got inside and got a few stiff drinks in me then it was all good. In fact it's kinda weird to me because there's all kinds of stories about how much nipple piercings can hurt, but I just don't see it at all. I haven't had anything else pierced so I don't know for sure, but if nipples are like one of the worst then people are fucking pussies.

John-Wayne likes this.
  17. Lemie

Sexy! Can't wait :blech:

LostThePlot and Cave Troll like this.
  18. Cave Troll

@LostThePlot I have seen pics and vids of people crying after getting it done.
    Granted I have seen large needles skewered through both breasts on a woman.
    Screws driven straight into nipples too (all the nope).

Worst thing to date, has to be the lady that had needles under her fingernails.
    Way too freaking painful to even watch, let alone want to do or have done.
    And that includes all the extreme needle play that I have seen from some very
    artistic sadists.

19. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Only you, bruh...

Cave Troll likes this.
  20. LostThePlot

Yeah I heard all of that about nipple piercings too, but for me it just wasn't that big of deal *shrug*.

And yes, I agree that there's some crazy people out there when it comes to pain. Needles are just a flat nope for me. I don't get it. I don't see why you'd want that. Does not look fun. Do not want.

And it's just funny to see people talking about needles like that; in my life people are more concerned with finding the needles that don't hurt. Just seeing you talk about 25G needles makes me wince because 30G is kinda the received wisdom *shrug* Different strokes, right?

Cave Troll likes this.
  21. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

That doesn't look like a hoarder's room to me. A bookcase full of gaming books? That sounds pretty under control to me. It's not overwhelming your life, or preventing you from having people visit inside your home, is it? If it's not, don't worry about it. Someday you'll probably decide you don't want it anymore, and throwing it away will be easy. With technology advancing as fast as it is, these games will be unlikely to have much value in the future. But right now they matter to you, so enjoy having them.

I think hoarders are people who can't bear to throw ANYTHING away. There is a difference between being a collector—somebody who is reluctant to throw away a collection that has given them pleasure—and somebody who can't throw anything away. Junk mail, plastic bags, old yogurt containers, broken tools, socks that are full of holes, clothes that no longer fit, boxes of stuff they bought and never opened, etc. That's pretty bleak.

I knew somebody who wouldn't throw broken rubber bands away, because she could tie them together and repair them. She had one of her kitchen drawers filled to the brim with rubber bands. When I pointed out that most of them had deteriorated and were no longer any use, she agreed that she needed to 'go through them' to throw some of them away ...but she never got around to it as far as I know. She couldn't use her kitchen table to eat on because it was covered in unopened junk mail, so she had to scratch out a spot to sit in her living room to eat a meal. Every shelf and table spot in the house was covered in knick-nacks. The bed, which she made every day, was covered in stuffed animals. Every closet and drawer and cupboard was stuffed, and she didn't know where anything was.

She was neat and clean, and didn't keep old food or anything like that. But the plethora of bric-a-brac junk made it very difficult for her to have a life or entertain visitors ...and she continued to visit garage sales and other places like that and bring home even more stuff.

I haven't seen her for many years, so I don't know how she's getting on, but it was scary to witness, first-hand. She wouldn't acknowledge the extent the situation had got on top of her. She was always going to do something about it when she had time, but she just didn't have time 'now.' Time is one thing, and lots of people live in messy environments because they truly don't have the time to get on top of it. I've known some of them as well, and they are only too happy if somebody comes over and gives them a hand with the clearout. However, a true hoarder resists any actual throwing away, and is happy with merely rearranging what they have.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  22. John Calligan

John Calligan Contributor Contributor

Yeah, that sounds really painful.

Cave Troll likes this.
  23. katina

katina Banned Contributor

I dont like hurting so why would I enjoy it in hindsight or not?

24. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

You're not calling yourself a hoarder here, are you? Because that picture is so, so NOT hoarder.

You're storing things in storage spaces--you're distinguishing between storage spaces and other spaces. The floor is clear. There's empty space in the bookshelves--you haven't jammed things in to fill every last cubic millimeter.

The objects have a pattern and a theme--you haven't jammed gaming books in with phone books and Restoration Hardware catalogs and cereal boxes.

The photos on top of the shelf can actually be seen. They're displayed, not just stored. You could jam more of them onto that shelf, but you haven't. That suggests that you have prioritized, and that, most of all, makes me say, "Hoarder? No way."

25. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

I believe that hoarders derive actual pleasure from hoarding and its outcome. This is a distinction that I remember reading about--some disorders, like alcoholism, have an associated pleasure. Some, like OCD, are experienced as fundamentally unpleasant. The experts treat hoarding as if it's like OCD. But IMO it is absolutely not. Hoarding is often the hoarder's primary pleasure.

Now, one might say, "That's insane! It's making their house miserable, filling the air with dust, threatening their relationship with the landlord..." etc., etc.

But I could say about an alcoholic, "That's insane! It's destroying his health, harming his reputation at work, threatening his relationship with his friends..." etc., etc.

Hoarding has payoffs. It fills the hoarder's life and thoughts, so that they can deny responsibility for getting anything done. It allows them to exercise control on those around them, while simultaneously allowing them to paint themselves as the victim of the situation.

People wanting to cure hoarding by teaching hoarders to organize are not unlike people wanting to cure alcoholism by teaching the alcoholic how to make lemonade. It reflects a fundamental lack of understanding. (Not on your part, Jannert. I'm just jumping-off from your post to my rant. :))

jannert likes this.