Why isn't horror being published anymore?

Discussion in 'Horror' started by Tenderiser, Feb 19, 2019.

1. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

I've not seen these. Maybe put 'unfuck' into the search engine? :)

Rzero likes this.
  2. Rzero

Rzero Reluctant voice of his generation Contributor

There's Unf*ck yourself, Everything Is F*cked, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck, a whole series called You Are a Badass. They're everywhere. It's not just the "clever" cursing titles either. Girl, Wash Your Face, Atomic Habits, Take Control of Your Life, I don't think there have been this many self help books on the best seller list since the seventies. There was that Chicken Soup craze in the nineties, but this is bigger. It's worse on Audible. 7 Habits... and How to Win Friends... are even back in the top forty.

jannert likes this.
  3. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

4. Jensen

Jensen Member

I've wondered this myself for a while. I thoroughly enjoy Stephen King books, although they don't really scare me. I want to write horror myself. I really like writing short psychological horror stories, but they never turn out great, so I feel like I'm wasting my time on it.
    I'd also like to see new horror stories being published. I haven't actually read any good, new horror stories lately. Maybe somebody here has some recommendations?

5. ugly henry

ugly henry Member

I don't know if it's being published less or not but I can say the quality of horror writing on the bestseller list is...not as enjoyable as I think it should be. This is me trying not to use foul language.
    I sure hope horror isn't dead because it's almost all I write. If I ever get a novel finished/published (haha) it will be in the horror genre.

6. Jensen

Jensen Member

I'd love to read some of your horror someday ^.^